Family

Fix You

"Minseok!!" Chen yelled as he ran through the rain. Unfortunately it was quite dark already, which made finding his friend a little difficult. 

 

The dark haired boy ran to the nearest ice cream store and found Minseok sitting in a booth with his head on the table. Chen sighed and sat across from him. "What the heck man?" 

 

Minseok looked up and rolled his eyes. "Go away." 

 

Chen made a tsk noise with his mouth an flicked Minseok's forehead. The latter cried indignantly and looked up. "Are you just going to sit here forever?" Chen looked at him expectantly.

 

The light haired boy sat up. "Try me." 

 

Chen raised an eyebrow and sighed. "Come on. Go home." 

 

Minseok's tired expression turned from exhaustion to anger. "And why would I do that?" 

 

"Because they are your family," Chen replied. "In the end, they still care about you."

 

"Yeah right." Minseok snorted. "If they cared about me, why would they ignore me all the time and tell me I'm garbage?" He stood up and left the ice cream store, slamming the door behind him. 

 

Chen followed behind him hurriedly, making sure he didn't lose sight of his friend. The rain blurred his glasses, and made it hard for him to see. "Minseok, they just want you to be better. They're trying to motivate you." 

 

Minseok turned around and laughed. "Motivate me? To do what? Prove them right? Show them that I am garbage?" He walked toward Chen and stared him in the eye. Chen could see that his eyes were watering, his tears mixing with the rain. "To the point where I would feel resentment to my best friend," Minseok whispered shakily. "Is that what you want?" 

 

The darker haired boy already knew this. He could feel that his best friend felt resentment towards him. He would too, if he were in that position, to always be compared and told that you weren't good enough. "I know," Chen said. "I know you hate me. But your family is doing this out of love." 

 

There were two things wrong with that statement. First, Chen didn’t understand the concept of love. He believed it was stupid and it got in the way of rational thinking. Second, he hadn’t been loved since he was a small child. Ever since his parents were brutally murdered in front of his eyes by his uncle, who then and abused him every day, he longed for love, but at the same time was too scared to accept love. Why show love if it hurts so much when it gets taken away? In Chen’s mind, it just wasn’t worth it.

Minseok knew all of this, yet he chose to laugh. “How can you be the one preaching about love? Does anyone love you?” As soon as Minseok said this, his eyes widened and he quickly began to apologize. “I-I’m sorry, I d-didn’t mean to say t-that…”

 

Chen grabbed Minseok by the collar and pulled him in until their faces were less than an inch apart. “At least you have a family. At least you have people to come home to. I’ve lived by myself for the past 10 years, don’t you think I’d get a little lonely? I’m still a human, Minseok.” Chen pushed his best friend away from him, causing the lighter haired boy to lose his balance and fall into a puddle behind him.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” Minseok mumbled. “It just slipped out, I----”

 

“Is it selfish of me to want a family?” Chen cut Minseok off and started advancing towards him. “Should I be ashamed to want to be loved? Think for once how I must feel when you’re complaining about your family not loving you when I don’t even have one. I’ve had to put up with you since your incident. ” He looked down at Minseok with hatred and disappointment. “It’s your own fault you didn’t get your together after that day. You chose to mope around and let everyone leave you behind. Why should I even help you when you brought this on yourself?”  

 

Chen turned around and began to walk away. “Solve your own problems, Minseok. I’m not helping you anymore.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

When Minseok returned home that night, his family had already gone to sleep. He took a quick shower before storming to his room and falling on the bed. He’d done it. He’d lost his best friend.

 

Now he had no one.

 

Tears started to stream down Minseok’s face. He buried his face into his pillow and let out a scream, punching the bed next to him. He wanted to be angry at Chen. He wanted to hate Chen for saying what he did.

 

But everything was true.

 

Ever since the day Minseok injured himself, he wasn’t able to play soccer competitively. Everything he ever wanted was taken away from him. He didn’t try to pick himself back up, he only beat himself down. Without soccer, his life had lost meaning, and the only reason he was still able to smile was Chen. Minseok really had nothing left. His parents didn’t love him, his best friend hated him, his grades were only average, and there was no way anyone could love someone like him.

 

Suddenly, he sat up. He shakily reached his hand to his bedside drawer and closed his hand around the knob. He pulled the drawer open slowly, revealing a jumble of random items and notebooks. Laying on top was a small silver object, gleaming under the lamplight. His knuckles were white as he held the blade, his heartbeat speeding up.

 

Minseok ran the tip of the blade along the inside of his wrist, shivering at the ice cold sharpness. For a long time, he had been thinking of cutting, but he could never bring himself to do it. Today was different. He needed something to distract himself.

 

With a deep breath, he allowed the blade the pierce his skin.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update!!! I really wanted to make this a chapter revealing more about Chen and Minseok's past without just bluntly stating it, but I found that really difficult so it was a slow writing T_T Sorry sorry for the wait T_T 

Thank you so much for the nice cooments and I can't believe people still follow and so many new subs too!! I love each and every one of you thank you so much for supporting me <3

Until next time!! :D