Memories

Don't Touch Me

Ren's POV:

 

    "Well I'm not that interesting so I don't know why you would want to.," I shrugged my shoulders and brushed myself off. "Well you seem.....nice?," he said more like a question. I looked over to him and pouted. It sounded more like he was asking permission to call me a nice person. "S-sorry I didn't mean for that to come out like that.," Baekho looked down and smiled. Ugh he's so annoying but in a weird way amuzing. I really feel like a creep somtimes. "Hey uh when do you guys get uh like a break from school?," Baekho asked me and started to kick at stones on the ground. "Well we get weekends off and when classes end you can do whatever we want.," I said. I'm just glad today is the last day for classes this week. I started to walk back to my room and I heard Baekho clear his throat. "D-do you mind if I go back to our room with you?," he asked. does he not get the word 'our' it's not like I can kick him out or anything. "I never said you couldn't." I said emotionless. I started to smile and slowed down a bit waiting for him. Baekho jogged over to me and tried to put his arm around me. I slide over out of his reach and pouted. This guy is way to touchy I don't like it. "Oh sorry I forgot about your issuses....n-not that they are a bad thing it's just...sorry.," There he goes appologizing for everything he does its really annoying.

     We got back to the dorm and I sat down on my bed. Baekho stood in the doorway silent. "What's wrong?," I asked trying not to sound that interested. I really am fascinated by this kid he's...different."I just want to know how you actually got here....," he said and slumpped down onto his bed. "The say way you got here on a bus.," I said smugly. "Not like that like obviously you aren't from prison so how did you ..... become an orphan?" Of course this would come up.

*Flashback*

      "Mommy, mommy look I drew a tiger!," I said as I held up my picture. "Oh it looks very nice honey you are a really good drawer.," she said and turned around from the passanger seat and smiled at me. "Daddy, daddy look!," I screamed and held my picture out to him. "Hang on daddy's driving, I need to watch the road.," I pouted and looked down at my feet. "Please daddy I worked really hard on it...," I wiped the tears from my eyes. I was always quite emotional. My dad turned around and that's when it happened.

      A drunk driver was driving on the wrong side on the road and hit us head on at a 70 mph speed. I crawled out from the shaddered window and saw my dad laying there motionless. That's when I heard sirens and crying. I stumbled over to my father and kneeled beside him, and I sobbed on his sholder. He was rushed to the hospital and it was all my fault.

     Three months my dad was in a coma and had no chance of living, my mom was okay she had a broken leg but that was pretty much it I think. and the drunk driver had died from the inpact of the crash. I sat silently as my mom talked to the doctor outside. I stared down at my father's pale, lifeless face as I felt the tears coming again. This was the fith time I cried today for my father. I slipped my small hand into my father's hand and sat there like that fo a while. I really do hope he gets better soon I miss him and mom does too.The doctor came in and sighed as he unpluged the machine from the wall and put his on my back. "If you have anything to say to him do it now h-he won't be coming back.," he said and walked out to my sobbing mother. "Dad I will miss you and I hope I see you agian sometime soon. I don't really understand what the doctor means b-but I know one day you'll be in the kitchen hugging mom while she cooked j-just like old times right? This is my fault I know but....I'm sorry. I know you're just sleeping but please wake up soon. I have to go please excuse me I-I love you dad please come home.," I said through my tears and hugged him one last time before my mom took me away from him forever.

    I didn't get to go to the funeral of my dad. I was at school and my mom thought I wasn't grown up enough. My mom had started abusing me and would throw thing, smack, and kick me when she got stressed. I want my old mom back. She started drinking and smoking regulary. It really did make me sad to see her like this. I was walking home from school and I saw my mom standing on a street corner dressed in a very small shirt and a low hanging tank-top. I waved to her but she glared at me and told me to go home.

    When mommy got home she had about 10,000 dollars in her hand. She threw it on the tabel and walked back to her room. I could see blood running down her leg and it had fallen onto the ground. I want to help mommy so I cleaned it up for her.

    I heard a weird noise like a stool being knocked over and I went back to her room to see if she was okay. I opened the door and there she was hanging from a rope and lifeless just like dad. I ran away out the door and to the park. There I stayed until I was found by a nice man who took me to the boarding school.

*End*

     "They died...," was all I said and layed down, staring at the white cieling. "Oh okay i won't force you to tell me.," he said and got up and sat on my bed again. I slowly scooted towards my wall and turned facing Baekho." Thanks.," was all I said as I really looked at his features. He really was handsome and had a lot of muscle I'm not sure if I really like that about him. I slowly reached out and touched his hand it reminded me of my father so I smiled. "W-what are you doing?," he asked and I didn't respond. I just sared at his hand and felt somewhat safe. He stood up and went back to his bed and stared at me. Now I feel like the creepy one. I reached under my pillow and pulled out a picture of my family...well when we were a happy family. I turned it around and there staring me in the face was my blade.  slowly closed my eyes and put the picture against my chest and smiled. I want this kind of happiness and carelessness again...like when I was a kid. That's one of the reasons I have my blade. I want to be with my parents and act like a kid again. "Hey Ren what's that,? I heard Baekho's voice. "Happiness Baekho, it's pure happiness."