Training.

CODENAME: LOVE

 

"Hey."  He had a small smile on his face.
 
I smiled back.  "Hey."
 
"So..I'm supposed to train you?"  He was obviously feeling shy, rubbing the back of his neck.
 
"I suppose.   When do we start?"  He had me captivated with his fascinating eyes.  
 
"After your morning training, I think...I-if that's okay with you." He stuttered a little bit.
 
"Arraso."  I suddenly remembered that I had to pass on some files to the receptionists.  "Um.  Zelo."
 
He stared at me for a moment before uttering a "deh?"  
 
"I gotta go now, but I'll meet you tomorrow?"  
 
"It's okay, I'll pick you up after your class.." He smiles and I walk off, my heart beating like a drum.
 
The next day came quickly.  I had finished my morning lessons, but I couldn't listen properly, my thoughts were on Zelo.  I mean...my lessons with him.
 
As soon as the bell rang, I gathered my books and walked out the door.
 
Promptly crashing into a soft body.  "Oh my god...mianhae, chincha.." I gasped.  "I wasn't paying attention- I was just.." 
 
"Kwenchana."  Zelo?
 
I did a double take.  It was Zelo! "Wh-what are you doing here?" My question was sounded almost accusing, but I was just really edgy.
 
Because he smelt good.  And that made my heart beat faster for some reason.    And fast heart beat meant danger.  Usually.  And sometimes, something else. 
 
"Erm...picking you up?"  He grins. 
 
"Oh....I see." 
He takes my books, bag and leads me up to an empty training room.    The floor was covered with mats.  "Fighting?  Wait-We're going to-I'm going to fight y-you?"  My voice became slightly alarmed as he casually tossed my stuff in a corner.
 
"Yep.  You're weakest at that right?"
He had obviously checked my training grades.  I squinted at him, trying to figure out what he had learnt from my files.  "What?"  He asked.  "You looked at my files, didn't you?"  I said.
 
"Well...yeah..how did you pass?  It was a mark from a fail!"  He was the normal, teasing boy in a fleeting second.  But in a snap he was back to being the teacher.  "Let's start."
 
Zelo circled me like predator to prey.  I watched him without moving, sensing his actions and sounds.  He came closer...the whole room was silent, save for his footsteps.  
 
His muscles tensed and relaxed, and I knew that he was planning and preparing for a surprise attack. 
 
I also knew that he would either make a distraction, or attack from behind. 
 
I was ready.
 
Zelo's eyes darted towards the door as his face looked startled- in that millisecond, I realized that something wasn't right.
 
There was no noise at the door, meaning there was nothing there, meaning it was a distraction. Ah,  I see.  I dodged his punch right on time, stepping to my left.  We engaged in a all round martial arts fight.  He was strong, quick and he had almost expected each move I pulled.  Zelo was going to win because he was more experienced,stronger bigger, and I understood that.    But I had a plan- a crazy but familiar plan that might just work. 
 
Again.  
 
I waited and let him fight me towards the wall.  3 meters until I hit the wall, 2....1...I let him hold both my hands still.  Then I used his strength and pushed myself up the wall, flipped, landed with my feet on his shoulders.  Then I launched myself up to the ceiling bars.  
 
Zelo's eyes widened as he realized what had happened.  "Like this." I chucked.
 
"W-what?" 
"I passed the test  by doing I did just now."  I peered down at his tall figure.  
He stares for a few seconds more and then a humored grin cracks on his face.
 
"Wow...that's one unique tactic."
 
It was almost the end of the two quick weeks.  Soon it was going to be my big graduation day.....Zelo trained me.  Hard.  We even ate dinner together since we trained into the night.  I was exhausted, but satisfied.  Even I felt like I was improving.  
 
But there was a problem.  
 
It wasn't my skills that weren't improving.  It was my heart.   I didn't know what had happened to it, or what Zelo had done to it.  It felt like it was going to be torn apart.
 
Why? 
 
I couldn't fall in love with my trainer!  He was just my mentor, a teacher.   
 
I hated this part of him, when he becomes 2 people.  In the training rooms, he would become all detached and act years older than he looks.  He was my teacher.  Nothing more.  
 
And out of training and he would become the innocent, normal boy.  One that made it impossible not to love him.  
 
I was going crazy over a boy, who had 2 very different personalities.  It was almost like being at the edge of a grand abyss that was split in half. Standing on my toes, leaning...and hoping to the stars above that I wouldn't fall and smash into the rock at the middle.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hehe...another chapter.  What do you think about it?  Have you ever been in this situation?  SUSCRIBE AND COMMENT.