Chapter 4

The Day When I Lost You

 

“What are you doing, you ert!!” Kai shoved Luhan’s hand from her thigh, throwing dagger at him.

 

“What? I’m just dusting off my jeans.. it’s not my fault that the table was so small.. or..” Luhan paused, a smirk hung on his handsome face. “… do you want me touch you?”

 

“In your dream!” Kai rolled her eyes as she sipped her hot chocolate, ignoring Luhan’s presence in front of her.

 

“What a cold girl!” Luhan sneered, resting his chin on his palm. Luhan was knocking his fingers on the table, looking at the pedestrians outside the window. Bored.

 

“So.. what are we going to do?”

 

“Nothing.” Kai typed something on her phone.

 

“Nothing? I even spent my whole morning in this bubble tea shop to do.. nothing?”

 

Luhan shook his head, got mad and irritated as he remembered what were happened this morning. He had stayed up this morning -he didn’t even sleep since insomnia got him awake all night long-, took a bath in a cold shower –hell yeah, the tap of the hot water was broken and the temperature outside was just a few degree below 38˚ Celsius-, he even did some exercises for about half and two hours to built his body –it was not a normal exercise since he almost being a piece of paper if he didn’t roll in time when half of Sehun’s thick books fell onto him and he has must to place those book back just like before or Sehun would scold him a whole month-, and the fact that what he had suffered this morning was such a waste, it made him angry. Luhan pulled his hair in frustration.

 

“Someone’s angry?” Kai took a glance at the sulking Luhan and got back to her phone immediately, a smile formed on her face as she got a reply.

 

“Someone’s enjoying herself, huh?” Luhan turned his head facing Kai or more specifically eyeing the beautiful in front of him. He never got tired of stealing glance at her. It only lasted a few seconds before his lips twitched upward replaced with an evil grin which Kai unfortunately didn’t realize it. And when that’s happened…

 

 

SPLASH

 

 

Kai was still focusing on her phone when suddenly she felt water splashed on her. She blinked a few times processing what had happened with the sudden black tea rained down on her and why she suddenly felt mad seeing Luhan’s stoic face. It’s weird that Luhan didn’t laugh seeing her suffered moment just like that. There must be something wrong. She was ignoring the waiter’s apologize as she stared at Luhan furiously. It must be him.

 

With no word spoken and a sudden cold tense filled the room, Kai grabbed Luhan’s collar to get him facing her, a playful smirk formed on the corner of Luhan’s lips making Kai angrier.

 

“What.Are.You.Doing.Luhan?” Kai’s emphasizing each word letting Luhan knew how angry she was.

 

“What are you talking about, baby? I didn’t do nothing.” He played innocent. Kai bit her bottom lips suppressing her anger.

 

“Say it again or I’ll punch you right in the face.” Kai was trying her best to hold up her anger especially when she sensed a few people inside the shop whispering something –their stupid childish bickering-.

 

“What’s wrong, baby?? Why are you wet? Try to seduce me, huh” Luhan eyed Kai’s drenching figure. A smirk never left his face.

 

“Dare to explain what are you up to.. Oh Luhan?” Kai pulled off Luhan’s collar motioning herself to sit back, her eyes locked with Luhan’s. For God’s sake, Kai was taken aback by her own sentence when she saw Luhan smirked at her, raising his brow in playful expression. Silence took over them.

 

A few minutes passed and they’re still in silence, Kai was the one who broke it. She sighed as she felt cold and sticky. She gazed around the table and unfortunately there is no tissue, run out. She felt Luhan’s gaze eyed her movements, until the waiter came in between them, intruding their silent competition. He handed Kai a small towel. Kai took it and smiled to him as the latter kept apologizing to her. Kai wiped her wet shirt and shorts with the towel, looking displeased at the black stains all over her clothes. Luhan crossed his arms in front of his chest eyeing the waiter who was still standing besides Kai, and Luhan didn’t like the look he’s giving to her.

 

“Mind to leave us, sir..” Luhan said nonchalantly, emphasizing the last word to the said man who was maybe the same age as him. The waiter gasped and bowed slightly before he left them. Kai glared at Luhan.

 

“What’s wrong with you? He didn’t do something wrong, he even apologized for the mistake he didn’t made, not like someone.” Kai raised her voice as she couldn’t keep herself any longer.

 

“I didn’t do something wrong either.” Luhan said solemn averting his gaze around, avoiding Kai’s piercing gaze at him.

 

“Seriously Luhan, I didn’t get it. What did that waiter do that you dare to treat him harshly like that, huh??”

 

“You’re so dense, are you?”

 

“What are you..?” Kai’s utterance cut off when Luhan suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her up from her seat. Kai almost stumbled on her own legs as if Luhan didn’t hold her tightly.

 

“Look around you?”

 

“What…?”

 

Kai startled as she saw a few costumers, especially men, looking at her lustfully which made her stomach flinched in disgust. Kai mentally slapped her thought as she followed their gaze and it landed on her wet top which transparent enough to reveal her black lacy bra. Kai’s face shaded in deep crimson red, embarrassed and disgusting. She was about to cover her upper body when a thin fabric made its way on her shoulders covering her whole upper body. Kai looked up and met eyes with Luhan, a sudden warmth crept in her stomach when a reassuring smile formed on his face. When she turned her head avoiding Luhan’s unreadable gaze; she caught a glance that Luhan only wore a black tank covering his body. She was about to say something but Luhan cut it off.

 

“Let’s go..” Luhan dragged her somewhere while Kai didn’t utter any word. They stopped in front of the woman’s toilet.

 

“Wait here. I’ll come in minutes.” Luhan shoved Kai into the toilet, she titled her head when Luhan let go off his hand, her face saddened. Luhan cupped her face and caressed those puffy honey cheeks of hers gently.

 

“I’m sorry, Kai.. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Kai nodded and closed the door in front of Luhan’s face. He took a deep sigh and left the toilet as he heard the door has locked from inside.

 

In a matter of minutes, Kai heard soft knocks from outside the toilet. She started to panic as she just realized that she has stayed for too long hiding herself there. The knocks were still heard as she reached her phone tried to call someone, or to be exact Luhan, the one who brought her there. She clumsily tapped her contact menu finding Luhan’s number when she suddenly heard a familiar voice belong to the said man. Kai unlocked the door and took a peek at the blond man wearing black tank and sunglasses. A few women passed by giggling and whispering something when they saw a man standing in front of woman’s toilet.

 

“Luhan..” she said in low voice eyeing the latter convincing herself that it was really him and not a stranger who dare to kidnap or do something bad to her.

 

“Yes, baby. I’m here..” Kai sighed in relief as Luhan handed her a shopping bag. Kai puzzled.

 

“What’s that for?”

 

“You’re not going around with those wet transparent shirt to expose your y body to everyone here, don’t you?” Kai took the bag muttering a soft thank you before she slammed the door closed ignoring Luhan’s grumbling as the latter didn’t hear what she had said earlier.

 

A short time later there was a click sound from the toilet door. Kai went out hesitantly. She wore a white embossed cropped sleeve dress stopped mid thigh. Kai lowered her head as she was too embarrassed to wear such a dress she never used before. While Luhan, on the other hand, mouth gaped eyeing Kai from head to toe, felt satisfied with his perfect choice.

 

“Nice dress..” Luhan took off his sunglasses and walked towards Kai. “You look more beautiful in it.” Luhan whispered huskily interrupting Kai’s mind as she tried to make herself comfortable in her new outfit.

 

“Isn’t this too short?”

 

“It’s perfectly fine, babe...”

 

“You choose this dress, didn’t you? You ert!” Kai tossed Luhan’s shirt in front of his face and stormed out of the café while Luhan’s walking happily behind her.

 

***

 

“We’re finally arrive..” Luhan chirped happily as he opened the door for Kai. Kai walked out carefully as she used this short damn dress which easily swayed because of the wind or just her erratic movement. She looked around, there were a frozen lake in the middle of the white mountain ranges, it was really beautiful. They took almost three hours to get to this place and it paid much with the natural beauty there.

 

“Are you out of your mind? It’s freaking winter and you want me to play ice skating in those damn frozen lake?”

 

Kai shouted when they had arrived to the place where Luhan called heaven while Kai thought the otherwise. It just an excuse she used to blackmailing Luhan, she was still angry about the incident in the bubble tea shop before. Actually she really like this place but once again, she’s being the stubborn than she was, she didn’t admit it.

 

Luhan smiled happily as he headed to a nearby small skating shop. Kai remained in her spot as she could feel the cold breeze keep hitting her body. Her thin and short dress couldn’t prevent the coldness as she rubbed her arms to make herself warm.

 

Kai looked around and found out there were a few couples skating on the lake, they held hands and laughed happily, as she focused her attention to a certain couple who skated in the middle of the lake, the man twirled the woman a few times and carried her by her waist as they slid along the lake in that position. Kai shook her head uninterested. She better accompanied Sehun to the hospital a whole day long rather than wasting her time skating in the cold winter, although she didn’t like hospital the most at least she didn’t felt cold.

 

Kai was in deep thought as she didn’t realize that there was a girl approached and stood in front of her. She snapped her finger getting Kai’s attention when Kai finally made it and looked at the intruder in front of her. Her eyes widened as she didn’t believe she would met her again, after a few years have passed. She recognized the intruder as Do Kyungmi, Kyungsoo’s twin sister.

 

“Long time no see, Kai.” She smirked.

 

“It’s been so long to still remember you, Kyungmi. Getting bored in Canada?” Kai scoffed.

 

“Hahahahaha.. Never get bored of it, dear. How’s Sehun?”

 

“He’s fine. Still remember him, I thought that you had dumped him like a trash before.” Kai glared at her as the latter let out a soft giggle responding her sharp answer.

 

“Still dense, aren’t you? Poor Sehun.” Kyungmi patted Kai’s cheek lightly feeling her tense over their contacted skin. Kai grabbed her hand and shoved it away.

 

“What do you mean, Kyungmi?” Kai clenched her dress holding up her anger.

 

“You’re so funny, Kai.” She laughed. “You’re so close to Sehun, yet you still didn’t know anything about him.” Kyungmi said coldly.

 

“Seem that you hate me this much, didn’t you?” Kai raised her brow mockingly.

 

“Honestly I never like you since the beginning.”

 

“What a sweet confession, Kyungmi. Why I didn’t feel bad about it?” Kai laughed at her own sentence this time. She remembered that she was the first ones who refuse Sehun and Kyungmi’s relationship back then when Sehun told her that he dated Kyungmi, one of the senior who were always clingy to Sehun and to add her hatred Kai really hated those kinds of girls, sweet talkers with no intention to like him personally than his popularity.

 

Sehun was really popular; he’s genius, handsome, and kind, even their teachers hung their hopes high onto his shoulder. Unlike Sehun, Kai was a troublemaker in their school, making mess with everyone, skipping class almost every day, but luckily it never affected her grade. Kai was also a genius but she didn’t like to get special attention from everyone, she hate that and truthfully, Sehun felt the same, this made them close and they became best friend since then.

 

But it didn’t last long, when they’re in second grade, Sehun dated Kyungmi. Kyungmi never let Sehun stick together with Kai and Kai didn’t like being a third wheel in their relationship, so she decided to stay away from Sehun. As she thought that it was the best idea, she never realized that Kyungmi started to hate her and in the count of months they broke up. Kai never knew the reason since Sehun never talked about it. She was sorry to her, but she couldn’t do anything because she also relieved at the same that she would never feel alone again since Sehun would never leave her again. After that breaking up information spread over the school, Kai heard Kyungmi left to Canada to continue her study at a medical university. She never asked why to Sehun and they never talked about it.

 

“You’re really naive, Kai. I really felt bad to Sehun.” Kyungmi made a sad face and shook her head lightly.

 

“Stop talking nonsense, Kyungmi! You just waste my time!” Kai was about to walk away when a strong hand grabbed her wrist, she turned her head facing Kyungmi. Their eyes locked and the unreadable expression spread across Kyungmi’s face.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t you dare to hurt Sehun with your stupid behavior, Kai.” Kyungmi said in serious tone, squashing Kai’s wrist tightly.

 

“I never hurt him, You’re the one who …” Kai’s words cut off with a hard slap and a sting pain on her left cheek. Kai touched her left cheek feeling her face burning with the mixtures of pain and vagueness.

 

“You’re the one who always hurt him, Kai. Better watch yourself.” Kyungmi left her dumbfounded.

 

“What do you mean?” Kai shouted as she watched as Kyungmi got into the car nearby.

 

Kai sighed as she walked towards where Luhan had gone before; her body didn’t feel cold anymore while her mind was still processing what was the meaning of Kyungmi’s last sentence, “You’re the one who always hurt him, Kai. Better watch yourself”, did she really hurt him? Kai ruffled her hair desperately didn’t aware with her surrounding as she bumped into someone. A loud thud coming from both sides as they stumbled back and hit the snow hard. Kai rubbed her bottom cleaning it off from the dirt when a hand sticking in front of her, signaling her to reach that hand. Kai took it being pulled up to stand on the ground.

 

“You’re so light, don’t you?” Kai lifted up her head and the familiar figure in front of her was all smiling as the latter grabbed her hand gently. Kai averted her gaze revealing her reddened left cheek to the latter.

 

“What happened?” A soft voice slip out from the latter’s mouth as he saw the red bruised on her cheek; a soft warm hand trailed over her bruised cheek and caressed it softly. Kai yelped in pain.

 

“Nothing.” Kai hung her head as she didn’t like Luhan stared at her like that. “How was the skating? Did you get the stuff yet?”

 

“No need. Let’s get back home.” Luhan grabbed her wrist and she winced in pain. Luhan stopped and turned to her watching her wrist closely, there is another bruised.

 

“Please don’t ask.” Kai said softly her eyes glued to the snow below her feet.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

Luhan touched her chin and lifted it up so he could see Kai’s face, a sad one. Luhan caressed her jawline, avoiding the bruised cheek as he leaned closer. Kai’s face changing from sad to surprise as Luhan’s was a few centimeters away from her inhaling Luhan’s hot breathe, his manly cologne, and his minty shampoo. Kai blinked a few times as Luhan landed his lips on her bruised cheek lightly. Her eyes widened in surprise.

 

“I’ll make it better, baby.” Luhan winked as he held her hand and brought her towards his car.

 

“ert.” Kai muttered.

 

***

 

“ARGHHH… arghhh… Luhan be gentle. It’s freaking hurt, you know.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Ssshh.. baby, lowering you voice, the neighbor will complain to us.”

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s your fault, I had said to be gentle.. B E GENTLE OH LUHAN..! IT’S HURT!”

 

 

 

 

“Okay, baby. Calm down, I’ll put it slowly and gently. Be ready..”

 

 

 

 

 

“If you do it roughly again, I’ll chop your head!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Nice advice, baby. Let’s do it again!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Ouch. Watch your hand! Don’t touch me there that will be leaving another bruise!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Sorry, baby. Can’t resist it, duh!”

 

 

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

……

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How is it, baby? Feeling better now?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Better your ? I’ll won’t believe you again. You are such unskillful doctor!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why? I did it properly, like this book said.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you crazy? I need my first aid not to add other bruises on my body. I need you to put the cream on my bruise not all over my hand, and why did you read pregnancy book, huh? That’s not helping at all, Luhan!”

 

 

 

 

 

“At least there are a lot of pictures of women.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You should check your brain! I’ll tell Sehun about it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Nooooooooo….. You can’t do that, baobei, pweaseeee…”

 

 

Note:

i'm sorry for the late update.. i was bbusy lately.. i have practical teaching starting -freaking-teacher-wanna-be- this month. n yeah.. after that i will be really really busy.. even this week, i have a lot of things to do.. ^^

~Heuuuung... TT.TT

~i'm really really sorry for the viewers.. #bow