Chapter 1

Concrete Angel

 

**I originally update this fanfic on Soshified. Feel free to read it there too :) http://www.soshified.com/forums/topic/88155-concrete-angel/

 

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating soon! I honestly never expected that it would take me this long to write Chapter 1 o_O I don't really know if this is long enough or not. Kekeke!

 


 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

Tiffany was woken up by the nonstop ringing of her alarm clock, telling her that it was already morning.

 
“Aish…”


As much as she wanted to stay in bed all day, of course she knew that she couldn’t and that she’ll have to get up eventually. So Tiffany reluctantly reached out for the nightstand to turn off the noisy clock. The black haired girl groggily rubbed her sleepy eyes as she withdrew the covers and got out of bed. She walked over to the window to draw back the curtains and let the warm rays of the early sun invade her room. Tiffany stretched for a while and opened the window a little to breathe in the morning air then she looked out into the neighborhood and watched the small number of people passing by.

 

 

Tiffany heaved out a heavy sigh as she reminded herself to get ready for school and dragged her feet to the bathroom. After a cold shower, she wrapped herself securely in a pink bathrobe then stood in front of the sink to brush her teeth. After spitting out all of the contents in , Tiffany took a look at herself in the mirror and noticed the bruises on her arms that she received from her father the previous night. It seemed an even darker shade than from last time.

 

 

Tiffany let out a long sigh as she gently rubbed both her arms. It wasn’t hurting her though. She couldn’t even feel anything. She felt numb.

 

 

Maybe I’m just so used to pain that it doesn’t hurt me anymore…

 

 

After putting all of her clothes on, Tiffany took a jacket and wore it as well to hide the bruises. Then she went downstairs and headed to the kitchen to have breakfast. The girl poured herself some cereal and milk on a bowl while she heated a ready-made meal in the microwave for her father. She ate breakfast alone then cleaned the dishes. Tiffany looked at her watch and saw that it was time for her to leave for school. She quickly wrote a note on the fridge for her father, telling him where his breakfast was.

 

 

Tiffany was about to leave the house when she saw something sleeping on the couch in the living room. She cautiously walked towards the distraught figure and saw that it was only her father. Tiffany sighed a relief that it was only him, but frowned at his current state. He reeked of alcohol and held a bottle of beer in one hand. The girl sighed and took a cushion from one of the chairs and placed it carefully under his head, careful not to wake him up. His face contorted into a more comfortable one and Tiffany smiled a little bit.

 

 

Tiffany liked her father the most when he was sleeping. Sure, he looked like a total mess, but at least he wasn’t lashing out on everything like when he's awake. For the past years, he’s been bothered because he lost his job that used to be very successful. Now, he just drowns his sorrows through drinking.

 

 

I really miss him, the loving father that he used to be when Mom was still alive. When I was a kid, he would hold my hand when we walked in the park and he would always buy me some
strawberry ice cream. He used to push me on the swings and always laughed along with me. I felt safe in his arms whenever he hugged me. I felt that nothing would ever hurt me again...

 

 

Tiffany smiled sadly at the memories. She was already leaning down to kiss her father's forehead but abruptly stopped midway. She was afraid that he might wake up so she awkwardly patted his head instead.


“Try not to tear down the house while I'm gone, okay Dad?” Tiffany said quietly, even though she knew that he couldn't hear her.

 

 

Then Tiffany left the house and got her pink bike from the garage. She pushed it out into the street and pedaled away to school.

 

 

---

 

 

As soon as Tiffany entered the classroom, she was immediately greeted by five familiar faces.

 

 

“Tippani!” they all exclaimed. She giggled at the way they pronounced her name with a Korean accent.

 

 

“Do you have any food with you?” the tallest of them asked as she approached Tiffany.

 

 

“Jeez, Sooyoung! It’s so early in the morning and you’re already looking for food?” Tiffany laughed.

 

 

Sooyoung just shrugged. “It’s not my fault that I’m always hungry.” she said matter-of-factly.

 

 

“Yah! Stop asking Fany-ah for her food, you giant! She’s getting thinner because of you!” a girl with long blonde hair said as she hit Sooyoung’s head lightly with her fist.

 
“Yah, Hyoyeon! You’re always hitting my head! I’m not a punching bag, you know!” Sooyoung shouted as the two of them bickered at each other like little kids.

 

 

“Unnies, please stop! The professor might come in at any moment!” a tall girl calmly said as she tried to pry Hyoyeon and Sooyoung away from each other. Tiffany was about to help but was suddenly held back by an arm that slung around her shoulder.

 

 

“Let Seohyun handle them, Fany-ah.” the shortest of their group with short blonde hair chuckled. "She could use her elbowing skills if Hyo and Soo go too far.”

 

 

Tiffany laughed then replied, "True. But at least help out the maknae, Sunny."

 

 

Sunny smiled in response and walked over to Seohyun, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung.

 

 

"Buing! Buing!" Sunny used her all-time famous aegyo on the arguing duo, which in turn, made them run after her around the classroom in annoyance.

 

 

Tiffany kept on laughing as she sat down on her desk beside the window. Suddenly, Tiffany saw a girl about the same height as Sunny, walk towards her direction and sit behind the desk beside her.

 

 

“Good morning Fany-ah!” she greeted cheerfully.

 

 

“Good morning Taeyeon!” Tiffany greeted back with an eye-smile. Taeyeon smiled back but suddenly frowned as she eyed what Tiffany was wearing.

 

 

“What’s with the jacket, Tiffany?” she asked.

 

 

“What about it?” Tiffany replied, confused.

 

 

Taeyeon crossed her arms. “The weather’s been very hot lately.” she said with suspicion in her voice.

 

 

“Uh...I felt cold this morning.” the younger girl lied.

 

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “I don’t believe you.”

 

 

“And why is that?”

 

 

Taeyeon simply shrugged and pointed at Tiffany's forehead. “You’re sweating right now. It’s either you’re feeling hot or you’re lying.”

 

 

Aish! This girl knows me too well! Tiffany thought as she bit her lower lip.

 

 

Well, of course Taeyeon knows me very well. Taeyeon has been a very close friend to me after my mother’s death. She saw how the kids teased me back then and she defended me. She became very protective of me and I wasn’t bullied ever since. She taught me Korean and introduced me to the friends I have now. She knows that my father hurts me and lets me stay over at her house whenever Dad is as close to killing me. I'm very grateful and thankful for having Taeyeon as a friend. I don't know what could’ve happened if Taeyeon never became my best friend.


 

“Well?” Taeyeon asked while raising an eyebrow. Tiffany kept quiet and slowly looked away.



Tiffany heard Taeyeon sigh then speak again, “He hurt you again didn’t he?”


Tiffany didn’t reply. Taeyeon knew the answer to her question anyway.
 

“How bad?” she asked as she gently placed a hand on Tiffany's sleeve.


“It doesn’t matter Tae…” the younger girl said emotionlessly.


“But it does matter, Tiffany! I’m your best friend. You should let me know when things like this happen to you. Now please, let me see.” she pleaded.

 

 

Tiffany hesitated for a while before reluctantly pulling up her sleeves. Taeyeon gasped quietly when she saw the bruises. She shook her head and caressed the blackish marks lightly with her hand.


“Tiffany, he’s going too far! He can’t hurt you every time for no good reason! Hell, he shouldn't hurt you at all, PERIOD!"

 

 

“It’s alright, TaeTae. It doesn't hurt.” Tiffany said softly as she rolled down her sleeves.

 

 

“What do you mean ‘It’s alright’?! Getting brutal marks like that don’t say that it’s alright!” Taeyeon said exasperatedly. “Look Tiffany, like I said before, you should just live at my house. My parents wouldn't mind and you’ll be safer there.”


 

Tiffany smiled sadly at her. “Thanks for your concern Taeyeon. I really appreciate it. But my father is the only family member I have left. I couldn’t just leave him alone. Nobody will be there to take care of him in his current state.” Tiffany reasoned out. “Please try to understand, Taeyeon.”

 

 

Taeyeon shook her head and sighed. “I understand Fany-ah. I’m just worried about you. But please, don’t let him hurt you like that. I don’t want to imagine what he could do to you next. Also, please let me know if anything happens to you again so I could help you. And lastly, please get some medicine for your bruises. They might get worse.” she said in a motherly tone.

 

 

Tiffany laughed and patted her head. “Yes Omma!” she said with an eye-smile.

 

 

Taeyeon scowled and shooed her hand away. “Yah! Stop calling me an Omma and patting my head like I’m a kid. That’s just so ironic!”

 

 

Tiffany giggled and smiled even wider. “Okay, Omma Taengoo!” she teased.

 

 

“Aish!” Taeyeon looked like she was about to say more, but was interrupted when the teacher came in.

 

 

The whole class immediately settled down and bowed to greet the teacher. He held out a hand and waved it dismissively, telling them to sit down. Then he faced the blackboard and started class. Tiffany sighed and took out a pen and notebook to write some notes from the lesson.

 

 

---

 

 

A girl with a bored expression and brown hair brought a hand to  as she stifled a tiring yawn and watched this certain 18-year old girl lose interest in their English class and write a song instead at the back of her notebook. The brunette was sitting comfortably on top of the other girl's desk while leaning on the window beside it with her arms folded across her chest. One might find it inappropriate to see a girl in this position while classes are going on. But the brunette stayed like that and remained indifferent. No one can see her anyway. Not even this girl whom she has been with for the past ten years.

 

 

Tiffany started humming a new tune and tapped her pencil along with the beat. Then she started writing more lyrics on the sheet of paper, only to stop abruptly and erase it again.

 

 

"That's not it..." Tiffany shook her head and tapped the pencil again.

 

 

The brunette looked over at the piece of paper and read the first few lines Tiffany managed to write so far,

 

 

Oh, thinking about our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free

 

 

The brunette chuckled and glanced at the younger girl who had an obvious frown on her face. The brunette leaned her head forward and sang a whisper into Tiffany's ear,

 

 

Now nothing can take you away from me
We've been down that road before
But that's over now
You keep me coming back for more

 

 

As the brunette sat up straight again, she saw Tiffany's eyes light up as she immediately grabbed her pencil and began to write on the piece of paper what the brunette just sang. The brunette smiled contentedly and rested her back on the window once again. The brunette learned throughout the years that even though Tiffany couldn't see her, she could hear her during times when she would badly need it. But she thinks that it's just an inner voice in her head. A conscience, if you will call it.

 

 

"Miss Hwang!" the professor suddenly called out, surprising both Tiffany and the brunette.

 

 

"Y-yes?" Tiffany replied nervously.

 

 

The professor pointed out to the drawing on the board with his chalk. The brunette tilted her head at a certain angle, trying to make out what the drawing was supposed to be.

 

 

"Do tell the class about today's lesson."

 

 

"Uh..."

 

 

The brunette frowned and looked at Tiffany. She would usually help her and whisper an answer, but even the brunette couldn't understand what this professor was trying to teach to his students.

 

 

Seeing that Tiffany didn't know the answer to his question, he sighed tiredly and pointed at the drawing again.

 

 

"Angels, Miss Hwang." he explained. "Our lesson for today is about angels."

 

 

The brunette brought a hand to her face and covered to refrain herself from laughing.

 

 

Angels? Is he serious?! It looks like some kind of prehistoric lizard with multiple arms and a pair of chicken wings!

 

 

Tiffany frowned at the drawing, trying to comprehend how on earth that it could be classified as an angel.

 

 

"Angels?" she muttered to herself.

 

 

"What do you think of angels, Ms. Hwang?" the professor asked.

 

 

"Um..."

 

 

The brunette placed her arm on her knee and propped her chin up with her hand, anticipating Tiffany's answer.

 

 

"Well...they're beautiful." Tiffany blurted out with a tinge of pink on her cheeks.

 

 

The brunette raised an eyebrow in amusement and a slight smile was forming on her lips.

 

 

"Beautiful? Ms. Hwang, you couldn't write single answers on the essay part of the test paper and expect to receive an A for your grade. Please elaborate your answer."

 

 

The brunette played with the sleeve of her black jacket as she looked at Tiffany and observed the girl. She could tell that Tiffany was starting to get nervous. Tiffany inhaled and exhaled slowly for a while to relax herself before answering the teacher once again.

 

 

"All beautiful things in life cannot be seen nor touched. But rather, it is felt in the heart. The beauty of an angel is felt within. To believe that such angels exist without even seeing one. That is the beauty of an angel."

 

 

"Beautiful indeed." the brunette nodded then looked at the drawing of the supposed "angel" on the board and ended up laughing hysterically.

 

 

"Do you believe in angels, Ms. Hwang?"

 

 

The brunette looked at Tiffany expectantly, curious as to what the latter would answer.

 

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows in deep thought, remembering the accident that happened ten years ago.

 

 

"Tiffany!"

 

 

The voice of the little girl that Tiffany heard years ago was still fresh in her mind. It was soft, a little high-pitched, and melodious to her ears.

 

 

Like a voice of an angel...

 

 

"Yes." Tiffany finally answered. "I believe in angels."

 

 

Upon hearing this, the brunette smiled unconsciously, although she didn't know why.

 

 

The school bell suddenly rang, ending the first period of the day.

 

 

"Class dismissed." the professor shouted rather loudly. He got his things and left the room without even acknowledging Tiffany's answer or finishing the lesson.

 

 

Tiffany sighed out a relief as she sat down on her chair, thankful that the class was over. The brunette however was still smiling to herself as she watched Tiffany continue to write the song at the back of her notebook.

 

 

---


 

Taeyeon accompanied Tiffany to the clinic right after school, saying that she wanted to make sure that Tiffany would get her bruises treated. (See? She’s really an Omma Taengoo ^^) While the two approached the clinic, Tiffany sensed a familiar smell of medical equipment as the double doors opened. She held Taeyeon's hand and led her to sit the both of them on the waiting chairs. Tiffany already knew the clinic process since this wasn't her first time getting her wounds treated here.

 

 

I can't even remember how many times I've been here. Nurse Park would always shake her head at me and ask me what happened. Then I would just shrug and make up an excuse. Now all the clinical staff thinks I'm an extremely clumsy girl.

 

 

"Tiffany Hwang, what happened this time?" Tiffany heard Nurse Park say as she approached them.

 

 

"Dodgeball." Tiffany replied simply as she rolled up her sleeves for the nurse to see.

 

 

Nurse Park sighed exasperatedly as she got the equipment she needed from the cabinets and drawers.

 

 

"The whole point of the game is to DODGE the BALL, Tiffany."

 

 

Taeyeon gave Tiffany a worried look but the girl just shrugged.


 

Nurse Park took Tiffany's arms then started treating the bruises. "This might hurt a little." she would always say and Tiffany chuckled.

 

 

It's funny how I can never feel the pain.

 

 

"So what brings you here, Taeyeon?" Nurse Park asked as she continued her work carefully.

 

 

"I'm here to accompany Tiffany to get her bruises treated." Taeyeon replied.

 

 

"Ah, I see. I remember the first time Tiffany came here to get her wounds treated when she was still a little girl. You were also with her that time and she was crying to me because she thought that the cotton balls looked like bugs." Nurse Park laughed at the memory.

 

 

"Aww! Stop embarrassing me, Nurse Park! I was just 8 years old then and that was a long time ago!" Tiffany pouted. "And those cotton balls really looked like bugs!" she shivered at the memory.

 

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon's infamous ahjumma laugh roared beside Tiffany. "HAHAHAHA! I can actually remember that time! You were such a cry-baby back then, Fany! Now look at you! You've overcome the very horrifying cotton bugs!"

 

 

Tiffany frowned even more and hit Taeyeon's arm. "Shut up if you don't want to end up covered in bruises like me!" she warned her in a low and dangerous voice then Taeyeon held up her hands in surrender and chuckled nervously.

 

 

"There!" Nurse Park exclaimed as she dabbed the last bruise. "It'll be gone by tomorrow. I suggest that you don't move your arms too much to make it heal faster."

 

 

Tiffany stood up from the chair and bowed to thank the nurse. "Thank you, Nurse Park!"

 

 

"You're welcome, Tiffany. Come back anytime you get hurt again. But please be more careful next time! It seems as if I always see you here nowadays."

 

 

Tiffany laughed weakly as she looked at Taeyeon who gave her a glare that said, Exactly how many times have you gotten hurt and haven't told me about it?!
 

 

"I'll be more careful, Nurse Park! Taeyeon and I will be leaving now! Bye!" Tiffany waved at Nurse Park while pushing Taeyeon out of the door.

 

 

"Tiffany," Taeyeon said as soon as they were out of the clinic. "Why -"

 

 

"Oh look at the time! We'll be late for work, Taeyeon! Let's go!"

 

 

Tiffany got ahold of Taeyeon's hand and ran towards the parking lot to get their bikes, cutting off Taeyeon from interrogating her any further.

 

 

---

 

 

"You're late." Hyoyeon frowned as Tiffany and Taeyeon came in the cafe they worked in.

 

 

"We're sorry!" Tiffany and Taeyeon bowed apologetically.

 

 

"We went to the clinic to have my bruises treated." Tiffany explained.

 

 

"That's alright! Uncle wouldn't mind." Sunny chuckled.

 

 

Hyoyeon sighed, "You're lucky that Mr. Lee Sooman is Sunny's uncle which is the owner of this cafe. Otherwise, we would've lost our jobs months ago!" Hyoyeon shook her head and walked back into the kitchen. "SOOYOUNG! The chef's job is to MAKE the food! Not to EAT it!"

 

 

Tiffany laughed as she could audibly hear Hyoyeon and Sooyoung arguing like little kids. Taeyeon and Sunny immediately went in the kitchen to prevent the two from doing any damage to each other. Tiffany got her apron and wore it as she walked over to the counter where Seohyun worked as the cash register.

 

 

"Where did you get your bruises, Tiffany Unnie?" Seohyun asked as she pointed at the bandages covering Tiffany's arms.

 

 

"Oh, dodgeball." Tiffany smiled sheepishly.

 

 

"You should be more careful next time, Unnie. It's not good for your health." Seohyun said with worry.

 

 

Tiffany chuckled at the maknae's concern and patted her head. "Okay, Seororo! I'll be more careful next time!"

 

 

"Tiffany! Order for Table 9!" Taeyeon called out through the small window that separated the kitchen and the counter.

 

 

Tiffany quickly went to the window and got the tray of food then went over to Table 9.

 

 

"Here's your order, Miss." Tiffany said as she placed down the tray. "Is there anything else that I can get for you?"

 

 

The girl didn't reply as she stared outside the glass walls of the cafe in deep thought. Suddenly, a tear fell from the girl's eye which made Tiffany furrow her eyebrows in worry.

 

 

"Um, excuse me?" Tiffany waved her hand in front of the girl which snapped her out of trance.

 

 

"Oh..." the girl said, slightly dazed as she wiped the tear away. "I'm sorry. Did you say something?"

 

 

"I asked if there's anything else you need?"

 

 

"Oh, nothing. Thank you." the girl bowed politely and stared at the food with a sad sigh.

 

 

Tiffany looked at the girl worriedly before taking a seat in front of her unexpectedly. "There's definitely something that you need." Tiffany said. "I know that it's none of my business to interfere with your privacy, but I could clearly see that your not okay."

 

 

The girl sighed tiredly and nodded.

 

 

"Do you want a friend to listen?"

 

 

The girl looked up at Tiffany and smiled sadly.


 

"I would appreciate that very much."

 

 

Tiffany nodded and gestured for the girl to continue talking.

 

 

The girl sighed again. "My sister had an accident last month and she's in a comma in the hospital right now. The doctors said that her chances of surviving is dangerously low."

 

 

Tears started to fall from the girl's eyes as she continued.


 

"If only I had looked where I was going. If only I had seen that van. If only I had been more careful..."

 

 

The girl started crying openly now.

 

 

"Then she wouldn't have pushed me away..."

 

 

The girl brought her hands up to her face and continued crying.

 

 

"That van was never meant to hit her! I should be the one in a comma right now!" the girl blamed herself.

 

 

"It's all my fault..." she cried helplessly.

 

 

Tiffany leaned forward on the table and held the girl's shoulder.


 

"Hey, it's not your fault. I don't think your sister would like to see you blaming yourself for what happened. She chose to face the consequences without a second thought the moment she pushed you away."


 

"But my sister's the only family I have left. I don't know what to do if she leaves me..."

 

 

Tiffany frowned and stood up to hug the girl tightly.

 

 

"There, there." Tiffany said as she rubbed the back of the girl soothingly.

 

 

"She won't leave you." Tiffany reassured.

 

 

Comforting a stranger you met just a few minutes ago wasn't something Tiffany planned of doing that afternoon. But she knew what the girl was going through. She knew how painful it felt just thinking about a person you love leave you alone and scared.

 

 

"I promise that she won't leave you..." Tiffany whispered to the girl, trying to calm her.

 

 

A tear unexpectedly fell down from Tiffany's eye.

 

 

"I promise...."

 

 

---

 

 

Tiffany preferred to walk when going back home from work to enjoy the scenery of the afternoon sunset. So instead of riding her bike home, she just walked it along beside her, unknown to her that a certain brunette was also walking with her on the other side of the bike. Every day they would walk home without any words being spoken. Just silence and the occasional sound of the bike's pedals rotating.

 

 

Tiffany stopped abruptly in her tracks which made the brunette stop as well and look at the latter curiously. Tiffany was watching the sun which was beginning to set as she let out a tired sigh.

 

 

"I miss you, Mom..." Tiffany whispered with tears b at the corner of her eyes.

 

 

The brunette sighed sadly as she understood Tiffany's sudden display of emotion.

 

 

Today was the day when Tiffany's mom died ten years ago.


 

Tiffany suddenly got on her bike and sped away fast. The brunette only watched as Tiffany became smaller and smaller in the distance. She didn't run after the girl. She knew where Tiffany was going anyway. And she knew that she would materialize beside Tiffany a little while later. She always did. No matter how far apart they were from each other, the brunette would always end up at Tiffany's side. That's why she has never left the girl for the past ten years. She was always there beside her.

 

 

Always.

 

 

---

 

 

Tiffany panted heavily as she dropped her bike tiredly on the grass and walked over to her mother's tombstone. She knelt in front of it and bowed respectfully. After sitting back up, she smiled sadly at the tombstone as a few tears escaped her eyes once again.

 

 

"Hi Mom." Tiffany said as she traced her mother's name that was beautifully engraved on the tombstone. "I met a girl at the cafe today. She told me about her sister who's in a comma right now."

 

 

Tiffany sighed as she continued, "Please don't let her sister die. The girl has no one else but her. She's as scared as I was when you left me..."

 

 

The brunette finally materialized, sitting at Tiffany's side. She noticed that Tiffany was crying again as she talked with her mom, telling her how much she missed her.

 

 

The brunette wanted to comfort Tiffany so badly since she didn't want to see the girl crying like this. And although the brunette knew that she couldn't touch Tiffany, she still lifted up her hand and rested it on the younger girl's shoulder. But just as expected, her hand went through Tiffany like she was air. The brunette brought her hand back to her side disappointingly.

 

 

She felt helpless. She wanted to do something for Tiffany. Wipe her tears, hold her hand, hug her protectively, anything! Anything to tell her that she was there for her and that she's not leaving her side and that everything would be alright. But there was nothing she could do to comfort the girl. All the brunette could do was to watch Tiffany cry alone.

 

 

"So it's been ten years huh?" the brunette asked to no one in particular.

 

 

"It's been that long, Jessica." a voice unexpectedly answered.

 

 

The brunette looked to her right and saw a slightly tanned girl sitting on the green grass beside her with long black hair and wearing a black jacket similar to hers.

 

 

The girl flashed her a smile, "Hello Jessica. It's been a while."

 

 

"Hello Yuri." Jessica greeted with a smile. "How have you been?"

 

 

"Good. And you?"

 

 

Jessica shrugged, "I'm fine."

 

 

"Hmm. I see you're still with this girl." Yuri said as she noticed Tiffany.

 

 

Jessica sighed, "You know that I'm bounded to her, Yuri. I always end up by Tiffany's side. Which means that I can never leave her."

 

 

"Are you tired of it?" Yuri asked.

 

 

"No," Jessica shook her head. "It doesn't really bother me. Just as long as she's okay and safe then I'm fine with it."

 

 

"You really care for her that much, huh?"

 

 

"Why wouldn't I? A girl like Tiffany deserves to be cared for. She shouldn't be experiencing any kind of pain or suffering right now. And I would do everything that I can to make sure that she never gets hurt."

 

 

Yuri smirked at the brunette's response. "You act as if you're her Guardian."

 

 

"What's that supposed to mean, Yuri? You know that she already has one."

 

 

"Nothing. I'm just reminding you that we're not a Guardian, Sica."

 

 

"I know that, Yuri." Jessica sighed. "I know."

 

 

Yuri nodded then got up and dusted off her jeans.

 

 

"Anyway, I have to go now. I'll see you later okay?"

 

 

"Okay."

 

 

Yuri and Jessica never said goodbye to each other. They knew that they would always meet again eventually. Saying goodbye would be pointless.

 

 

Yuri stopped walking and looked back at Jessica who was watching Tiffany sadly.

 

 

"Sica?" Yuri called out.

 

 

"Yeah?"

 

 

Yuri bit her lip, hesitating to answer.


 

"Nothing. Just remember that it's not our job to protect humans, Jessica. We're not one of the Guardians, you know."

 

 

The brunette looked at Yuri, knowing what the latter was going to say.

 

 

"We're Death Angels."

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry if it took so long for me to make an update. I've been REALLY busy with school and stuff. And I'm having a hard time writing this fanfic -____- You see, I still don't have a concrete story plot for this. Hehe! But I'm getting there. Just bear with me! ;)