Start anew final (g.o.Xoc)

Love chooses Nobody (MBLAQ Stories)

 

 

MINAH’S POV

“Please remember that I will always love you.”

 

“It’s selfish of me but please Lee Minah always remember the name Jung Byunghee. The person who will always love you forever.”

 

Hmmmm..

 

I woke up and opened my eyes. “Is it a dream?”

 

I shrugged it off and stretched my limbs.  But I stopped whatever I am doing when I felt my surroundings. It was silent. I let my senses feel the atmosphere.

 

 It felt cold.

 

I got used to waking up every day with Byunghee hugging me and giving me warmth so this feeling was new to me. So, I stretched my arms on the other side of the bed hoping to touch Byunghee. Maybe he was sleeping that’s why it’s silent. But when I touched it I felt nothing.

 

“Huh? Where is he?”

 

Then I heard the clicking of the door and smelled the aroma of the flowers. It’s Byunghee!

 

“Byunghee?” I excitedly said and my heart leaps from happiness but drops when I heard a female voice.

 

“Um sorry I’m not Byunghee.” The voice sounded familiar so I stayed silent eagerly remembering from whom I heard this voice.

 

“Yah, Minah-ah.” Then like a bulb turning on I remembered.

 

“Baehee unnie!!” I happily said.

 

“Ah my little angel you’re looking fine.” She then went to me and welcomed me with a hug.

 

It was Byunghee’s older sister. We were very close and she treats me as her real sister. She even loves me even more than Byunghee. There was a time when Byunghee and I fought making me cry and she beat him up, literally.

 

“Unnie why did you only visit now?” I pouted at her, well I’m not really sure if I’m facing her.

 

“Aww cute.” She pinched my cheek then she continued talking.

 

“I was so caught up with work I’m sorry. My boss really gave me a hard time you know. I really wanted to see you the moment I learned that your involved in an accident. But that stupid boss of mine, ugh I don’t wanna think about it! Minah-yah I’m really sorry...” She sincerely apologized with a serious tone and that made me giggle.

 

“Yah! Why are you laughing? I’m saying sorry here!” she playfully said.

 

“Haha because you’re funny.” I tried suppressing my laugh making her grunt. Then I remembered that Byunghee is missing.

 

“Oh unnie! Where is Byunghee?” I expected her to answer immediately but she stayed silent.

 

“Um unnie?” I called out for her and luckily she noticed my voice.

 

“Oh! S-sorry I spaced out.” She stuttered.

 

“So unnie where is Byunghee?” I asked her again and this time I hope she won’t space out.

 

“Ah Byunghee? He went to do something and will not be back for a few days.” She said, her voice with a hint of sadness. Sadness?

 

I frowned at what she said. Why didn’t he tell me? And as is she’s reading my thought she answered me.

 

“Umm he said he’s sorry for not saying it to you.”

 

“That man! Hmmp.” I pouted again.

 

“So that’s why I’m here to take care of you.” She said.

 

“But how about your work?” I asked.

 

“I took a well deserved vacation for a month, so don’t worry about it.” I smiled at her kindness.

 

I heard the sound of faucet opening and running water. Then I heard a clank sound on the side table of my bed.  I smelled immediately the nice aroma of flowers.

 

“Yah unnie, did you bring flowers? I smell them.” I asked.

 

“Oh you notice the smell right? Byunghee send this for you.” I can sense that she’s smiling. I smiled too, blush creeping on my cheeks.

 

He is so sweet.

 

I heard her snickered. Omo! Maybe she noticed that I’m blushing! I tried to stop myself from getting more embarrassed so I asked what kind of flower it is.

 

“It’s azalea.”

 

Azalea? It means ‘take care of yourself for me.’

 

“Why send something like that? As if we’re never going to see each other again. Ugh he is so dramatic.” I joked hoping that Baehee unnie will laugh too, but I never got a respond.

 

“Baehee unnie are you sure that you’re okay? You seem to spaced out a lot today?” I asked her, even though I don’t see her I still feel that there is something wrong.

 

“Ah nothing I’m just staring at the flowers. It’s too beautiful that I didn’t hear you.” She said making me envious.

 

I sighed. “How I wish I can see it too.” I can’t help but to let out my frustrations.

 

Maybe Baehee unnie notice me sulking so she comforted me. “You will regain your sight back again. I promise.” She tapped my shoulder and felt her kissed me on the forehead.

 

“You know I really want to see the world again. I’m afraid that the longer I stay blind the faster that I will forget about the colors around me. It’s a good thing that Byunghee’s always beside me to remind me about how colorful the world is.” I said with a smile.  Ahh how I love that man.

 

“Yeah, he’s such a good boyfriend but ugh such a naughty dongsaeng.” I laughed at that. “But I still love him though.” She continued, sincerity can be felt in her voice and a little sadness?

 

Hmm why do I always sense some sadness in voices, first Byunghee now Baehee unnie. But I just shrugged the thought thinking that I’m just imagining.

 

Silence enveloped us until Baehee unnie started speaking. “So, do you want some apples?”

 

I smiled at her even though I know that I’m not actually facing her. I’m blind remember? “Yes, I would love some.”

 

---

 

Days became weeks but still no Byunghee. I missed him so much but I can’t do anything about it. Baehee unnie said that he is very busy that’s why he couldn’t visit me. Well he’s a famous classical singer after all so maybe he’s recording a new album.

 

Sigh but I really missed him terribly. It’s a good thing that everyday he would never fail to send flowers making me cheer up.  

 

Byunghee is a real romanticist and too cheesy. There’s a time that he send me a moss rose and it means voluptuous love. Ugh he’s not even embarrassed giving it to me. Well it made my day anyway so I forgive he’s cheesiness.Day by day my health was improving thanks to the flowers that Byunghee sends to me. I love him so much.

 

But still it’s been a month since Byunghee left that I felt restlessness. Baehee constantly comforts me that he’s just busy, but I can feel from the tone of her voice that something was wrong and she couldn’t tell me.

 

----

Now two months passed without him. Two weeks since he stopped sending flowers and Baehee unnie stops visiting me.  Is he tired of me?

 

Maybe he’s tired of me now, even Baehee unnie was nowhere to be found. Who would want to love a blind girl?

 

I felt myself tear up, despair fall on me. The thought of Byunghee leaving me makes me want to die. Then I heard the door opened and heard Baehee unnie’s voice.

 

“Yah! Minah why are you crying!?” she worriedly asked while rubbing my back.

 

“I-I thought that you guys are tired of me anymore, that Byunghee left me.”

 

“Minah... I’ll never leave you. You’re my fake sister remember?” she said then hugged me.

 

“And Byunghee would never love someone else but you.” she added with a sob. I felt a tear fell to my hands. Is she crying?

 

“Are you crying?” I asked.

 

“Hmm, a little bit.” She said.

 

“Why?” I questioned.

 

“I’m crying because I feel guilty from leaving you for two weeks.” Then she cried harshly. And from the way she’s crying I know that there is something more on what her words pertains.

---

The next day I was woken up by a loud tug of the door. Baehee enthusiastically walked in and said that they found a donor. And of course this made me happy, finally after five months I will see the world again. I will see Byunghee again.

 

“Unnie, is Byunghee here?” I asked her when I remembered Byunghee. But then again I was met by silence.

 

“Ah, Byunghee’s still busy, I’m sorry. But he left these flowers for you. It’s Nasturtium .” She said giving me the flowers.

 

“It means victory in battle” I said.

 

“He hopes that your operation would succeed.” She said and again sadness can be felt in her voice.

 

“So unnie when will my surgery be held?” I asked gaining strength from the flowers Byunghee sent to me.

 

“Tonight.”

 

---

The operation was a success. Before the operation I was hesitant if it will succeed but every time Byunghee’s face popped on my head I gain courage. At last I can see him again.

 

It’s been one week and the doctor will now untangle the bandages from my eyes. Baehee unnie was with me the whole time. When I asked her where’s Byunghee she didn’t answer.

 

“You can now open your eyes.” The doctor said.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and flinched on the sunrays that struck through my lenses. I took my time for my eyes to get used at the new found light. I opened it wide when I feel that its okay and the smiling face of Byunghee greeted me.

 

“By-byunghee?” I said unsure. The doctor and Baehee unnie looked at the corner where I was looking.

 

“Minah-ah Byunghee’s not here.” She said to me, and now I’m sure that her expression was sad because of these new eyes.

 

I blinked and opened my eyes and what she said was true, Byunghee’s not there. But for a second I thought that he’s here with me?

 

“Ah, maybe it’s just my imagination.” I said and looked down.

 

“Is he still busy?” The doctor and Baehee unnie looked at each other then looked at me. Then I felt it, their mournful eyes and a pain shot through my system. Did he—

 

Baehee unnie was about to say something when I interrupted her.

 

“Ah,maybe he’s still busy. Umm doctor do you have a mirror? I want to look at these eyes.” I asked hoping that what I’m thinking was wrong.

 

“Here.” I took it and prayed that I am wrong. I shut my eyes then raise the mirror on my face. I slowly opened my eyes. A familiar feeling struck on me. These eyes I always stared at it before, I used to love these eyes. Tears started to fall.

 

These beautiful eyes that was now shedding tears belonged to my beloved Byunghee.

 

That day I cried a heart-piercing cry. Only a person who passed away can donate.

 

---

Six months have passed. I learned that Byunghee has a hole in his heart. A week before he told me to break up with him he discovered that the hole was getting bigger, that’s why he wants to leave me so I will not be hurt even if he dies. Stupid Byunghee.

 

For two months that time when he’s missing I thought he’s busy but I thought wrong. He was suffering that whole time.

 

Surgery was needed, Baehee unnie said that the chance of living was only fifty percent but he took the surgery saying that he has to live to find a donor for my eyes. But he didn’t make it. He is stupid I know.

 

But he’s stupidness didn’t end there, I found out that months ago when I’ve gotten blind he asked the doctor to donate his eyes to me in case he dies. The doctor even commented that he foolishly loved me. Yes, I’m now totally aware of it.

 

I cried for months and never left my apartment after learning all that, it was so much to take. But thanks to Baehee unnie she helped me to recover. Even though Byunghee’s not here anymore she still cares for me. Now I’m living with her, she’s really a real sister to me.

 

Byunghee left a package and a letter for me and till now I’m still not opening it yet. Maybe because it still didn’t sink in to me that he’s gone. But I’m slowly recovering now and this will be one of the steps of moving on. I opened the letter and readied myself.

 

Dear Lee Minah,

I’m sorry for keeping this from you. Seeing you suffering I thought that it’s a good decision not telling you about my condition. But maybe this condition of mine is a blessing in disguise. You needed a donor but I couldn’t find one, so here I am offering you my eyes.

 

I know that this will hurt you but please look at the bright side, if you have my eyes I’m still a part of you. I’ll be your eyes and every day we will witness together everything. Even if you are crying I’m still there because I am your eyes.

 

I have so much else say, but the only thing that I can say right now is thank you. Thank you for loving this stubborn man. Thank you for always caring for me, saying everyday that you loved me. You thought that I was the one who’s giving light to your dark days, but in truth you are the sun that gives light to my black world. Thank you so much for loving me.

 

I will love you always for eternity.

 

P.S.  Achieve your dream! Go to Julliard School of Music! This time I will not stop you!

        Oh! Start anew and fall in love.

 

Always yours,

Jung Byunghee

 

My tears couldn’t stop from falling. He meant so much to me. I loved him very much,... but now his gone. What would my life be without you Byunghee? I stopped myself from crying.

 

I then opened the package and teared up once again seeing it. A bunch of daffodils meaning a ‘New Beginning.’

 

---

After two months.

 

“Yah Baehee unnie don’t worry. How many times do I have to tell you that I’m fine. I’m  walking to the school grounds. Yeah, I have my money with me. Tsk, don’t worry too much okay, bye.” I smiled and put my phone on my bag.

 

It’s been a week since I went abroad to study music in Julliard School of Music hoping to start a new life as what Byunghee told me. But I always bring with me the package Byunghee gave to me so when I’m down I’ll just look at the daffodils to cheer me up.

 

Oh! Start anew and fall in love.’

 

Hmmph Impossible, I only loved you. Then suddenly I bumped into someone making my books and package fell. Oh great.   

 

He helped me pick it up then we stood up.

 

He stared at me for some time then looked at the ground and he picked something up. It’s an envelope. Maybe it fell from the package?

 

“I missed to pick this up. Here.” He smiled making me see he’s perfect white teeth.

 

“T-thank you.” I timidly answered him.

 

“I’m Yang Seungho by the way.” He introduced himself.

 

“Lee Minah.” I replied.

 

We shook hands.

 

Sparks run through my veins. What’s this?

 

“I-I should get going. Hope to see you again, bye.” He bid and walked away slowly.

 

I stared at his back for a few moments when I remembered the envelope. Hmmm there's another letter, why didn't I noticed? I opened it and saw dried flowers and a card. Flowers again?

 

“Why would Byunghee give me these flowers?” I looked at the dried flowers, eight months have passed so of course it dried up. I read the note and my question was answered instantly.

 

I looked up on the sky knowing that Byunghee was just up there somewhere.

 

“Byhunghee.” I gripped the envelope tight.

 

‘Find Him.’ That’s what the note Byunghee left says.

 

‘Forget-me-not’ the last flower Byunghee gave to me. And it means as its name suggests ‘Forget me not’ but it also means.

 

‘True Love.’

 

“So you practically want me to find my true love while not forgetting you?” I asked incredulously still looking at the sky.

 

“Byunghee you sly, tsk. Maybe you’re flirting with some angel right now huh?”

 

True love?

 

Yah Byunghee do you really think I can fall in love again?

 

I smiled then looked down from the sky glimpsing the Seungho guy who’s still walking away slowly. I laughed when I saw him tripped.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the end XD sorry for not updating, been busy.