Chapter 4 [The present (Part 4) – The Truth]

--- S£PARAT£D BY SOULδ ---

Chapter 4 [The present (Part 4) – The Truth]

♫---------------------------------------♪

[JaeJoong’s POV]

“Are you sure it’s not just a flinch?” Hebe’s nanny asked me after all those questioning with Hebe.

As I wanted to answer, she cut me off by saying “Ah hah! Don’t answer me now. You should answer me when you’re ready and you’re not ready yet.”

I wanted to protest but I don’t know what I should say. She said I’m not ready. 
What is the meaning of not ready when I’m so sure about my feelings…?

She stands up and says “You should go back and think carefully.”

She pushed me out of the house when she finished that sentence but stop halfway when she wanted to close the door.

“Can you still accept her for who she is when you know she’s different from all of us?” She asked

I’m confused by the question. I wanted to ask what she meant but she close the door not waiting for my answer. I stood there wondering.

After awhile of standing there, I walk back still confused by that question.

I look up realizing that I have reached Oxford Hotel, the hotel that I’m living for the time being.

I went back into my room and lie down on my bed.

“Can you still accept her for who she is when you know she’s different from all of us?”
These words keep on repeating and repeating in my mind.
She mentions something about ‘different’ but what is it?
Why can’t I accept her when I know that difference?

All kind of weird thought starts forming in my mind.

---

I think I fell asleep last night when I’m thinking all the possibility of differences because when I wake up, it is already morning.

I look at the clock and only one thing came into my mind.
“Hebe should be awake by now.”

I remember yesterday she’s rushing to Oxford University. Maybe she’s studying there.
I quickly rush up and clean myself.
After everything is done I rush over to the cafe I saw Hebe yesterday and buy two sets of breakfast.
I then rush to her house hoping she would like the breakfast I bought for her.

Hebe opens the door when I reach.
She looks messy but still cute.
I think she didn’t notice me as she’s still struggling on how to tie her shoes.

I stand there, look at how she ties her shoes then untie it and then re-tie it again.
I thought maybe she need some help at it, so I walk towards her and bent down putting my things next to me and help her tie her shoes.

She looks at me while I’m helping her but I ignore it and continue tying her shoes for her.

“There, done.” I look up and smile at her

She looks at me for awhile and back to her shoes. 
“Thanks” she said as she stands up.
“I need to go to my class. Urgh… Bye.” 

When she starts walking, I pick up the breakfast and follow her.

“Hebe, have you eaten?” I ask while catching up with her. 

“No” she answer still walking

She can walk really fast but I can still catch up with her.
“Here, this is for you” I told her as I hand the breakfast I bought for her.
She stops walking for awhile and takes the breakfast then takes out some money from her pocket and gives it to me.

 I told her that she didn’t need to pay me back but she insisted and told me if I didn’t take the money, she won’t take the breakfast.
I got no choice but to take it.

While walking, she takes the breakfast out and start chewing on it. “Is it nice?” I ask her, feeling anxious.
She nodded and thanked me but she stops walking suddenly and look at me.
“You know, you can’t come in if you’re not a student here.” She told me

I look at her confuse for awhile there but realize I had step into Oxford school grounds.
I take one step back and look at her.
“Urgh… so, I’ll see you later? When will your class end?” I ask her

“You don’t have to… I mean… There’s a lots of girls out there… is better than me. I’m not what you think I am. I’m different.” She told me looking all sad

“I’m sorry. I have to go for my class.” She says as I didn’t respond to her earlier statement.

As she wanted to walk away I grab her hand not wanting to let go.

“Why?” I ask

She looks confuse by my question so I continue “Why do you want me to go for others. I only want you, Hebe. What is the different you all are talking about? I don’t understand! I don’t understand at all! All I know is that I want you to be by my side!” I told her feeling very frustrated

I really don’t understand. Why her nanny says something about that difference and now Hebe said it too.
What is the difference they are talking about?
What is it that is so hard to accept after I get to know it?

I wanted to know it.
I look at her in the eyes trying to find the answer but I found nothing.
She just stares at me blankly.

And Ringgggggggggggggggggggg~~~~~~~~~~~

The bells rang. Everyone rushes to their class and only us standing there not moving.
Hebe, she looks back at the university. She seems uneasy.
Seeing her like that, I let go of her.

She looks back at me. But I told her that she should go for her class first.
She nods her head and walks away but before she walks too far, I called for her.
She turned around and looks at me.

“I’ll wait for you at the cafe we meet yesterday.” I told her

She didn’t say anything but she did nod her head so I think that means she agree.

I stay there watch her as she walks into the building of the university until I can’t see her.
I walk back to Oxford Hotel and back to my room.

Just now at the university, I watch her walk away.
Step by steps.
I know that she’s not walking away from me but it’s just that she has class.
But that feeling seems so wrong.
That feeling is like she’s really walking out of my life and I don’t like that.

I shook off that feeling and look at the breakfast I bought.
I bought one for her and she likes it.
I didn’t even eat it yet.
I smile when I think of how she eats the breakfast.
She’s really cute.

I take my breakfast, unwrapped it and put into my mouth.
It is delicious and it seems sweet?
Or maybe that just me… 
I feel happy when I saw her, when I think of her.

She’s like a part of my life even though I just know her for a day.
It’s seems unbelievable but I really did fall for her.

After I’m finish with my breakfast, I look at the clock.
Is it me or the time is not moving?
Why it seems so slow.

Maybe I should relax myself for a bit.
I walk out to the balcony and sit there.
I think I fell asleep again as I was waken up by my phone.
It is a message.

I open it and it says
-------------------------
Where are you?

From: Hebe.
-------------------------
I open my eyes wide and quickly check the time.

I’m late. I quickly rush towards the cafe and look around for her.
As I found her, I walk to her and apologize.
“I’m so sorry. I fell asleep. How long have you waited?” 

“Just an hour or so?” she answer looking at her coffee like how she did yesterday

“I’m really sorry” I apologize again

“It’s ok. Why don’t we just get straight to the point.” She said looking at me now

I nodded my head telling her I’m ready.

She looks into my eyes and stands up pulling me together with her.
“Where are we going?” I ask her
She says nothing and pays the bills for her coffee and continues pulling me into a dark alley.

“Why are we here?” I ask again

“The truth, our differences.” She said 
“Can you promise not to tell anyone even if you cannot accept the other me? Please.” She said again

She’s seems very serious about that matter so I promise her. She then look around checking if there’s anyone there and back to me when she confirms that there’s nobody hiding or anything.

She turns around again with her back facing me and says “This is the truth.”
There a bright light coming out from her, and I saw a pair of big white wings in front of me.

“This is the truth JaeJoong. I’m not what you think I am. I’m not… normal. I’m a half human-angel.” She told me.

I just look at her, shock written all over my face.
I never thought of this possibility before.
An angel, a half human half angel…

She takes a breath and her wings disappear. She walks away with her head down.
Without thinking anymore stupid things, I run towards her and hug her from behind.
“Don’t go” I say

I feel a few droplets of water on my hand as I hug her. Is she crying?
I turn her around and look at her.
“Why are you crying” I ask panic
“Did I do something wrong. I’m sorry Hebe. I’m sorry.” 

She shakes her head and pulls me in for a hug.
I think I know the reason she cried.
I never ask again and hug her back.

♫---------------------------------------♪

Author Note:-

Hope you’ll like it.

Comments please!


♫---------------------------------------♪

Signing out
7th July, 2010
1.00am

Xiaobiiee aka zhen