07: Rival

Stuck in Seoul [HIATUS]

07: Rival

My head bobbed in time with the music blasting on my ears, while Suhoon chuckled next to me, his hands on the steering wheel. I swear he makes everything he does look… I shook my head… control yourself Lyra!

Well, who can control themselves when they’re seating right next to Lee Suhoon?! The Lee Suhoon…

Just calm down…

I took a deep breath, okay, so now I’m having a strange conversation with myself… At least it’s not out loud, but I’m confused right now.

“Oh oh oh oh oh oh- biteul biteul,” I murmured as my eyes strayed to my left, the sun was barely visible, the clouds were half-dark half-light, probably because of the storm. “Oh oh oh oh oh oh. biteul biteul biteul biteul,” I hummed along, my head bobbing left and right, mimicking the choreography.

“Gwiyeoweo…” I heard Suhoon murmur next to me, I took out the headphones he gave me and turned to him. He was smiling.

“Sorry?” I smiled, tilting my head to the side.

He shook his head and chuckled, his eyes remained on the road. “Nothing, nothing…”

I pulled a face and he chuckled. I love hearing him laugh! But there’s something familiar about it. Hmmm…

Still… I got to learn Korean!

 

-----



At the studio…

“Annyeonghaseyo~” the both of us bowed at every passing person until we arrived at the Manager’s office.

“Umm, I forgot to ask…” Suhoon nodded, looking at the office’s door. “Are we in trouble?”

That only made him chuckle and shake his head at me. “Aniyo, of course not,” I sighed in relief, the last thing I want in an unknown country is to get in trouble. “You agreed to work at the studio for now, remember?”

“Ohhhh…”

I looked up and saw him smirking at me. It seems like everyone’s smirking at me right now. “What?”

“You still haven’t answered my question,” he asked quietly.

I frowned. “What question?”

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

I blinked. “Wha- I…”

“Suhoon!”

I jumped at that voice and instead of looking towards the direction of the shout, Suhoon turned to me instead with worried eyes.

It turned out the voice belonged to the Manager. And man does he look troubled that I could see a vein pulsing on his forehead.

He walked towards us, clutching something white in his hands.

Once he was in front of us he started to talk to SuHoon in Korean. It was like he was spitting the words out, I barely understood him, he talked so fast. Not that I’d understand him if he talked slow anyway, I really need to learn Korean at times like this.

 

-----



SuHoon’s POV
(Point of View)


I watched as Manager-hyung stormed towards us. Man, he looks pissed! I could even see a vein pulsing on his forehead and he was clutching a piece of paper in his hands.

“SuHoon! Explain this,” he started to say, showing me the paper he was holding. It looked like a print out of an article and as my eyes scanned the ivory paper, I realized what it was and I turned to my left where Lyra was watching the both of us with curious eyes.

I blinked; she makes everything she does look… Yah! Get a grip of yourself SuHoon, focus!

I remembered what Lyra told me this morning, about the rumor of me going out with a non-celebrity. Well, Manager-hyung found out earlier than I thought.

“Hyung, calm down, its just some rumor someone made up, don’t worry,” I said, trying to calm him down.

“Yes, we all know that,” I was going to joke around at those words but judging by Hyung’s face, it’s not the time. “But we have to do something about it and knowing you, you probably know what…”

I looked at him and frowned, know wha-?

Wait… He doesn’t mean-

“No!”

 

-----



Lyra’s POV

“No!”

I stepped back as SuHoon suddenly shouted. I watched as he spoke fast in Korean, occasionally shaking his head. While Manager-hyung nodded vigorously in reply.

I did not understand a single thing they said, but judging by SuHoon’s darkening face and his constant frowning, it was bad news.

As the two began to talk, or argue, I watched as a light-brown haired girl approached the two. Huh, what’s going on here?

The girl smiled at me and I smiled back, she looks friendly, not to mention pretty. But what’s she doing here?

SuHoon sighed and glanced at me, smiling a bit, then he realized the girl’s presence and his head whipped to his right. He frowned and turned to his hyung.

“Who’s she?!” SuHoon asked his voice hard, obviously angry. He switched back to English now, thank God.

“SuHoon, is that a tone you should use with your… girlfriend?” Manager-hyung replied in English, furrowing his eyebrows.

I blinked, as my brain slowly processed his words. Wait… Did he just say-

“GIRLFRIEND?!”

 

-----

Teasers (Chapter 08)

“Oh really~” she teased, then clicked her fingers together, her eyes widening. “Did you hear about Mika, you know of Dae Guk Nam Ah and his rumored girlfriend?” she asked.

Well, its no rumor anymore…

-----

Dhila nodded silently. “You know at first I thought you and Suhoon were going out…”

-----

Wow, his hands are so soft and the way he smiles at me. I think I’m going to melt…