05: At the Studio

Stuck in Seoul [HIATUS]

05: At the Studio
  
 

We do almost everything that lovers do
And that's why it's hard, just to be friends with you
Every time your heart is broken by the fool
I want you to know that it hurts me too
It's hard to wipe your tears away (tears away)
Knowing that you should be with me
Now tell me why



I swallowed as he began to sing. His English when he talks to me at home is accented, but when he’s singing… well, that’s a different story. I began losing myself to his voice, it was just…
He made eye contact as the chorus began, meaning I was supposed to sing with him.

 

Why - why are we still friends
When everything says
We should be more than we are
And tell me why every time I find
Someone that I like
We always end up just being friends (Just Being Friends)



I couldn’t help thinking; he picked a song that is one of my favorite! Yeah, you can tell I’m spazzing at that time… I couldn’t help blushing every time he looks at me, every time those azure eyes met mine. I swear, I got lost in those eyes somewhere in the recording

 

I would hate for you to find somebody new
Who you really love, cause it would mean losing you
But am I a fool girl not to say
If I'm always scared I'll lose you anyway
Somehow somewhere I've got to choose (got to choose)
No matter if it's win or lose
Now tell me why



I closed my eyes, lost in rhythm. Or maybe I was just trying not to listen to my siren’s wail of a voice… But as he started singing again, I opened my eyes and I saw he was gazing straight back at me.

 

I don't wanna be like your brother
I don't wanna be your best friend
I only wanna be your lover
When will this end
If I told you that I wanna be in your life

Then you could be the woman in mine



I ran out of the recording studio the moment we finished the song, while SuHoon and the rest went to listen to it. I cringed at the thought of my awful voice being heard by those five… some people would call them Gods by now…

Anyway, I ran out before I saw their expressions, hoping that I wasn’t that bad… Was I? I swear somewhere in the recording I went to SuHoon heaven…

I shook my head at my odd imagination as I sat back down on the waiting chairs.

“Annyeonghaseyo!”

I looked up to see the smiling face of a dark haired girl in front of me. She sat herself on one of the waiting chairs.
At first she was silent, then she began to speak something in Korean. I just blinked at her; confused. All I know how to say in Korean is ‘Annyeonghaseyo’, ‘Gamsahabnida’, ‘Saranghaeyo’ and some other random phrases I’ve picked up in some variety shows.

“Um…” I started, hoping she speaks English just like Dae Guk Nam Ah. “Um, sorry but I don’t speak Korean…” The girl blinked and made an ‘O’ with .

“Oh, that’s alright… phew…” she smiled and I smiled back. “At least now I can speak English haha… I’m Dhila, by the way, nice to meet you,”

“Lyra, nice to meet you too…”

“Noona! Your duet with Hyung was beau~!” Jay skipped from the recording studio beaming, then paused in the middle of his words upon seeing Dhila. “Oh, Annyeonghaseyo…”

I bit my lip as I saw a tint of red appear on his cheeks. Aw! Hmmm… interesting…

“Jay, this is Dhila… Dhila, Jay…”

All Dhila did was gawp at the smiling boy. I guess she’s like me, a fan, I bet she’s spazzing inside as well! Dhila raised a hand and waved weakly.

“Nice to meet you, Dhila…” Jay grinned, I swear, I could almost feel Dhila melting next to me. “Oh, Noona! You should hear your duet!” Jay suddenly looked at me then grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the studio. “Dhila-ah! Nice to meet you again, we should hang out!”

I waved back at the bemused Dhila as Jay dragged me to the studio. I couldn’t help but smirk as I entered the glassed area once again. I looked at Jay who noticed my evil smirk and smiled back nervously. Is it possible that he…?

 

-----



A few hours later…

I refused to make eye-contact with SuHoon as we went out of the studio. I felt my face go hot as I caught sight of him smirking at the corner of my eye.

At first he was all awkward at singing with me, but I guess the chance to tease me was too much. Biting my lip, I walked as far away from him as possible. Call me crazy avoiding him, but singing was enough… in fact that’s a dream come true for a fan girl like me…

“Ooooh!” InJoon suddenly popped up in the space between me and SuHoon. “Look at this pair avoiding each other! Ha, like that’ll work…” he gave me a sideways smirk that made me cringe. Judging by that evil smile, he’s probably planning something…
Karam chuckled and stretched. “Lyra-ah! Ignore them… and anyway, it was manager-hyung’s suggestion…” he said. “-They’re probably just bored…” he whispered near my ear as he walked beside me. Bad move.

“Oh! Karam-hyung, why are you defending her all of the sudden?”

“Yeah! And what’s with all these whispering? Huh? Huh?” The maknae smirked as he gently nudged his hyung in the ribs.”Come on tell us!”

Karam looked at me and made a face. At this situation, I really don’t know what to do so I just shrugged while SuHoon raised his eyebrows behind Karam’s back.

By the van, SuHoon held out his hand to help me up, earning more ‘Ooohs!” from the dongsaengs. I felt my face go even hotter but accepted his hand.

None of us noticed a cloaked figure dart past the minivan as the door closed. There was a quiet ‘Clicck!’ sound and the figure vanished into the darkening street.

 

-----

Teasers (Chapter 06)

“D-do you have a girlfriend?”

-----

The corners of his mouth lifted, I swear he looked evil just then. “I saw the green-eyed monster…”