04: Evil Side of Everything

Stuck in Seoul [HIATUS]

04: Evil Side of Everything
     
SuHoon watched as the sun rose through his window, bright rays slowly entered the room. He sighed, putting his arm beneath his head and looking up at the empty ceiling, replaying last night’s events:

“Hi, I'm Lyra Espirito, nice to mee-,"

He swallowed and closed his eyes. No it can’t be her, it just can’t be, I mean what are the odds of her being… her? Okay, so they have the same name, so what? And last name…

"SuHoon-oppa?"

SuHoon shook his head. It’s been nine years since he’d last seen her, how come he can still remember? Remember everything, her name, her voice, her smile, her eyes…

He opened his sapphire eyes and held up his right hand, staring at his long fingers where a gold ring lay on the fourth. He sighed, but what if it was her? What would he do?

He looked up at the door, hearing faint sounds coming from the kitchen, then smiled. They’re awake.

 

-----



I yawned, blinking my eyes rapidly as the car started moving. Dae Guk Nam Ah had some recordings to do at the studio and Manager-hyung invited me to come along. Although, I definitely am not a morning person.

“Lyra? I heard from your parents that you love music… how about working at the studio while you’re here? It will be a great opportunity,” the manager smiled at me from the front seat.

I smiled and nodded. “Of course! Thank you, hyung,”

He beamed and turned back to the road before him. “The studio is a few hours away, so all of you can catch a few minutes more of sleep…” he said, his eyes still on the road.

I laid my head against the window and plugged my iPod. I watched as SuHoon busied himself with his phone to my right, Karam was seated in front of me, his eyes closed, HyunMin and Jay had their earphones on and InJoon was busy taking selcas or taking pictures of the view outside.

My hands absent-mindedly took out my phone and started to go on Twitter. It had become a reflex since it’s the only thing that connected me and my family at the moment. Well, that and Facebook.

I laughed to myself as I began typing:

 

Still in Seoul, probably gonna be here for a few weeks… Not complaining though, I’m staying with some pretty interesting people… They’re… Well, you probably won’t believe me anyway, so I won’t say xD



SuHoon looked up from his phone and peeked at mine. “Hey, you have Twitter too!”

I nodded and was just about to ask if he had one when I realized, I looked away and pulled a face.

“Lemme search you… and follow…” he murmured as he began flicking through his phone.

I shook my head. “Nah, there’s nothing interesting I tweet anyway…”

He chuckled. “Still gonna follow…” he paused, confused. “Wait… it says you’re already following me…”

I looked away, embarrassed. “Erm…”

He looked up and laughed. “Wow, you really are a fan…” he murmured as I changed the website on my phone.

Manager-hyung looked at us through the mirror and laughed. “If you can’t think of anything else to do, why not visit that international site and look through your fans’ comments,” he smiled.

At his words Jay burst out laughing, he had stood up and sat next to me. “Hyung! Looks like Noona’s already there…”
SuHoon studied the website on my phone. “And she’s a member!”

“Oooooh!” InJoon looked away from the window, smiling. “I think there’s a question there; asking who your favorite DNA member is…. I wonder who Noona’s favorite is…”

HyunMin smirked and made a grab for my phone. “Hey! I’m not showing…” I murmured, hiding the phone from view.

“Ha! Got it!” As Jay tackled the phone out of my hands, I pretended to pout but ended up laughing along with them.

“It says…. Wahhh! No fair…” he murmured, staring at the screen, then a small smile crept on his lips. “But I’m one of your biases! Wait… what does that even mean?”

SuHoon shook his head and sat back down while HyunMin grabbed the phone out of Jay’s hands.

“Let’s see who her favorite member is….” HyunMin murmured, a second later, he sniggered and glanced at SuHoon, who only raised his eyebrows at him.

“What? You should really give the phone back to her; she’s your Noona after all…”

“But Hyung-,” HyunMin paused and smirked. “It’s… You!”

SuHoon blinked and looked down at my phone in HyunMin’s hands. Then he grinned evilly at me, I was almost blinded. “Favorite DNA member… Mika…. Mwahahah!”

I felt my face go hot as I snatched the phone out of his hands. He’s never going to let this go…

 

-----



I followed the five boys and their manager into the huge, and I mean huge, building. I felt small as I looked up at the glass building towering over me. The Recording Studio… I think… I’ve never been inside one before… Come to think of it, I’ve never seen one before.

Come to think a second time… I’ve never met pop idols before, and now I’m living with five! Well temporarily, still you can tell I’m spazzing inside right?

“Annyeonghaseyo!” the boys greeted bowing at every staff they encountered on the way to their studio. I did the same, smiled and waved at the cheerful faces that met me.

“Hyung, I’ll just stay here…” I said to manager-hyung just outside the studio where a few waiting chairs were positioned, I didn’t want to intrude in anything.

He smiled and nodded, then led Dae Guk Nam Ah in. I was left on my own, waving at smiling crews that passed by.
I looked around, what should I do to pass time? Then my voice recorder came to mind, I hadn’t recorded anything for a day since coming in to stay with Dae Guk Nam Ah. At least now I had something interesting (I think) to say, not just some random rant about school and other boring stuff…

Pressing the button on the small rectangular thing, I began to speak:

“Um well, the last time I recorded I was about to set off to Philippi- Oh, Annyeonghaseyo!” I waved at another smiling crew. Then resumed with my… commentary? I’m not really sure what I’m doing right now… “Anyway, I was on my way to Philippines but a storm came and we had an emergency landing in… guess where? Seoul, Korea!” I laughed, the thought at that time sounded absurd.

“Anyway, I never knew father had some interesting colleagues, I mean, who knew he knew Dae Guk Nam Ah’s Manager? And yup, that’s where I’m…”

“Uh, who are you talking to?” a soft, confused voice asked right in my ear and I jumped from my seat, the voice recorder flying from my hand. But luckily he caught it and handed it back with a smile. “Haha, mianhe~”

I smiled back and turned off the recorder. “It’s alright, but please do me a favor… never sneak up on my like that again?” he only chuckled in reply.

“Anyway, manager-hyung…” he looked back to the studio, where four heads where staring at us back through the door. Jay grinned and motioned a hand for SuHoon to carry on. “Um they want me to ask you…”

“Manager-hyung wants you to sing with SuHoon-hyung!” Jay suddenly shouted from the studio, which was followed by a few sniggers.

“Uh, yeah, what he said…” he replied, avoiding eye contact and wait… is that… is he blushing?

I opened my mouth to speak, but I only ended up looking like some confused goldfish. One thing about me, I don’t sing, never have, well except for a few Christmas songs here and there, but that was back when I was about eight!

“Uh, but I can’t…”

“Come on Noona! Sing with Hyung, I’m sure you have a great voice!”

“Yeah, Noona! He’s your favorite member after all!” InJoon teased as he sniggered and hi-fived Jay.

Karam laughed at my expression and came forward, holding my hand in his, while the other held SuHoon’s and started dragging us towards the recording studio. I caught sight of SuHoon’s grimace and I groaned as we entered the door. No escape now…
Time to embarrass myself, I was just about to suggest for them to put earmuffs on when Karam pushed the both of us gently through the glassed room, where two recording mics were positioned.

I sighed as Mika helped me with the headphones; I blushed at his touch as his hands tucked a bit of my black hair back. Then made a face towards the four smirking boys in front of me, on the other side of the glass screen.
I think their target for today was:

1.) Embarrass Lyra…

CHECK!

 

-----

Teaser (Chapter 05)

“Noona! Your duet with Hyung was beau~!” Jay skipped from the recording studio beaming, then paused in the middle of his words upon seeing Dhila. “Oh, Annyeonghaseyo…”

I bit my lip as I saw a tint of red appear on his cheeks. Aw! Hmmm… interesting…


-----

“Oh! Karam-hyung, why are you defending her all of the sudden?”

“Yeah! And what’s with all these whispering? Huh? Huh?” The maknae smirked as he nudged his hyung in the shoulder.”Come on tell us!”