02: Living With Who?

Stuck in Seoul [HIATUS]
02: Living With Who?


I walked back and forth in front of the reception desk; this was all going way too fast. I watched as Korean words flashed in front of my eyes, yup, I was definitely in Seoul. What the heck does that word mean?

I sighed staring at the phone in my hand, I bet after I told my brother about what happened, the news will spread like wildfire. I bet right now every relative of mine knows the news.

I decided to sit down by the plastic waiting chairs and absentmindedly watched as passengers hurried around. All the flights were cancelled at the moment.

-----



“Hey, guys...”

The four boys looked up from what they were doing and smiled up at the anxious looking man, while a fifth poked his head through the kitchen door.

“Yes, hyung?”

The man hurried around the house, grabbing his keys and other things he needed. “I have to go in a minute, you’ve heard of the storm right?”

The five boys nodded, the dark haired one by the kitchen disappeared only to reappear once again, a spoon in hand.
“Well, the daughter of a friend of mines has landed here due to that and she needs a place to stay for a few weeks... till the storm blows over...”

The five boys nodded again.

“I have to go and pick her up; I’ll be back in a few hours...”

With that the man dashed through the door, car keys in hand.

“Okay, manager-hyung! See ya’ later!”

 

-----



I sighed and stood up, walking towards the reception desk. I paused, can she understand English?

“Uh, Miss?” I said, catching her attention.

The Korean lady smiled at me. “Yes?” she replied in accented English, good she can understand English, I sighed in relief.

I smiled back. “Um, do you know when all the flights will be back? I’m not supposed to be here...”

The receptionist gave an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry, I’m not so sure, they’ll probably be open once the storm is over...”
I opened my mouth to speak again but the phone by the receptionist’s side starting ringing. “Excuse me~” she said, picking up the phone.

I nodded and turned around, but the lady tapped me lightly on the shoulder. “Excuse me, Miss?”

I turned around and smiled. “Yes?”

“Are you Lyra Espirito, by any chance?”

I frowned, how did she know my name? “Um...”

The receptionist smiled. “It’s alright, I just received a call, the man said for Miss Lyra to stay here until he comes. He said your father called him...”

“Ohh...” I nodded and made my way towards the chairs again. I decided to stay, I mean what choice do I have? Sit here and wait for that man or wander around Seoul, with no money or no destination?

I took out my phone, deciding this Mister might still be hours away. Might as well go on Twitter.

I scrolled down to all the tweets this past hour, of course most of them, if not all are in Korean. Ironic. It’s not because I’m in Korea at the moment, it’s because most people that I follow are Korean singers...

Pressing the text box, I typed:
 

Stuck in Seoul for a few weeks... Cos’ of that freak storm >.< Ah well ~ always wanted to go to Seoul anyway, haha ~


“Uh, Miss?”

I looked up from my phone screen and saw a friendly-looking, smiling Korean in front of me.

“Yes, Sir?” I smiled cautiously at the stranger.
“Do you happen to be Lyra?” he asked in accented English, pretty fluent really, I could understand everything he said...
I nodded, he smiled.

“Your father called and told me about your situation~”

I nodded, then frowned. “I don’t want to be rude or anything, but, erm, how can I make sure my Father really-,”

I paused; my phone was vibrating in my hand. The caller ID showed it was my Mum’s.

“Excuse me, sir,” I pressed the call button. “Hello?”

“Lyra, your father called a colleague of his there, in Korea... So expect someone to pick you up, ‘kay?”

I glanced at the man, who was now chatting with the receptionist. “Ma? I think he’s already here...”

“Ah- good, your Father wants to speak to him,”

“Okay...” I walked towards the man, who smiled at me. “Um, Father wants to speak to you, sir,” I smiled and handed the phone to him.

I watched as the man walked a few metres away. “Of course... yes, I’ll make sure... it’s nothing, it’s nothing... your welcome...” he beamed and handed the phone back to me.

“Well, take care and behave, okay?” my mother said through the phone.

I smiled. “I will,”

The man smiled. “Well, we better set off, we have an hour’s drive ahead of us...” he led the way, carrying one of my bags, I carried the rest.

A black car was waiting for us outside the airport, I stared at the scene before me, wow Seoul is BIG! The man helped me load my luggage at the back of the car and we set off.

Halfway through the ride, he the radio and I started humming with the tune.

The man glanced at me at the driver’s seat, surprised.

“You’re familiar with Dae Guk Nam Ah? ‘Stumble, Stumble’?”

I nodded, smiling.

“Wow, they’re going international then...” he murmured, then focused on the road. “So... do you listen to other Korean songs? Are they common in the UK?”

“I listen to other Korean songs, even though I don’t understand them haha...” he chuckled to himself. “But I know only a few of my friends, who are into Kpop, I’m not sure if it’s common in the UK...”

He frowned. “How do you know about these artists then?”

I smiled. “Oh, I keep in contact with my friends in Philippines, they’re popular there and the internet is useful as well...”

He chuckled and shook his head as the song changed.

I laid my head back on the chair. I watched as tail lights flashed to my left as the traffic roared past, the sky darkening in the horizon, the faint stars glowing brightly at each second. I sighed it was the first time in how many years I’ve seen these many flickering stars on the sky.

With the movement of the car and the gentle song ‘Beautiful Thing’ by Xiah Junsu on the radio, I felt my eyes flutter shut.

 
-----
 

I must have dozed off. I felt a gentle tap on my cheek and a soft voice whispering on my ear, his warm breath tickling my earlobe. I groaned and turned over the soft velvety bed, pulling the inviting duvet over my face.

Wait… bed… duvet…

My eyes snapped open beneath the duvet as I realized I was in a bed. How the hell did I get on a bed?! The last thing I remember was the traffic rolling past…

“Hey… wake up,”

I rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes and looked up at first it was a blur then the scene before me sharpened.
A pair of azure eyes materialized from the darkness. I blinked, he was so close…

Wait- there was something familiar about those eyes, those dark blue eyes. I shook my head, I know Lee SuHoon of Dae Guk Nam Ah has the exact same eyes, but no, I have a feeling I’ve seen those eyes before, not only on Mika…

Wait…

I blinked as sudden realization hit me. I leaned back in surprise.

Mika?!

 
-----

Teasers (Chapter 03)

"Dae Guk Nam Ah household," was his short reply, before yanking the door open and walking out on me.

-----

“That is to make sure nothing... ‘interesting’... happens,” he added, his eyes glued on both of us.

-----

A/N: Thank you sooo much for those people who were commenting, I Love you all!
But I think i wont be able to update after this, I'm soo sorry :(