Drenched clothes; sad daddy.

Being Appa's Match Maker

 

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ 09 ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

 

Jonghyun couldn't even breathe, much less utter a word towards the younger who is still sobbing along with the rain.

His baby, the only person that has kept him sane up until now; his whole world is wondering aimlessly underneath the grey sky where a heavy rainfall is threatening to fall. 

Jonghyun tries to breathe to calm himself down. All he wants is his daughter back and blaming Kibum won't do him any good either. Not that the elder was completely blaming the younger. It was somewhat his fault, if only he had choosen to stay with the two then nothing like this would ever happen. But Kibum is the last person he could think of that would carelessly let Minyoung wander off on her own and to say that Minyoung wasn't a child who wouldn't like to look at things getting distracted would be a complete lie. 

"Bummie, breathe. It’s okay. We'll find her, j-just tell me where you are, o-okay and I'll come and find you." Jonghyun tries to reassure the younger. But Key still didn't not stop sobbing guilty tears.

"I'm s-so s-orry, it's- it's all my fault and I-"

"Stop it, Key. It's not your fault just tell me where you were." The elder interrupts the younger annoyed. They were wasting time like this and they were not getting any closer to finding the lost child.

Kibum knows the moment Jonghyun finally began to talk that he wasn't blaming him. That didn’t stop the younger from crying out more tears. Even though he knows that crying and saying that he was sorry wasn't helping anything. He just wanted to tell the elder how remorseful and utterly guilty he felt for not looking after his one and only daughter with his life. 

"I’m in the m-middle of the s-street- near an Étude shop and Chinese restaurant and I don't know Jjong I can't see anything else." Kibum says in between broken sobs, his clothes and his hair had been drench by the rain so much that he probably looked as bad as he felt. 

"Okay, I know where that is. Go and find a shop that will let you in, to shelter. You'll get sick other wise and I'll take Yoogeun with me okay? Stay put where I can see you." Jonghyun orders and Kibum had no objection and even if he did it wasn't the time and place nor situation to be arguing with the other. 

"O-Okay, Jjong." It breaks Jonghyun’s heart because the voice of the younger sounded so dejected and guilty as well as all kinds of awful. 

Jonghyun is the first to hang up, turning his face to a worried 7 year-old before a small force smile made his lips. He needs to stay calm and it wasn't very easy. But it's okay, Minyoung is smart enough to know what to do. He just hopes that nothing bad happened to her and that someone kind had taken her in, sheltering her from the rain. 

"Yoogeun, we need to go and find your hyung-umma. Okay? Behave yourself." He says, instructing the younger who in return just nods in response. Jonghyun picks him up and unfolds the umbrella to shelter the younger boy from the rain. 

He runs to find the blonde. His calm exterior slowly cracking as the sound of the rain gets heavier. It is making it impossible to think positively. His daughter, his flesh and blood is out there in the cold.  

He makes quick stops along the way, asking people if they had seen a girl who was wandering around aimlessly. A girl that could possibly fit his young girl's description. His heart clenches even further when they tell him that they have never seen a girl of her description and it kills him and petrified him because no, his baby girl had to be fine. She has to be alright because the elder would die if there was anything bad that was to happen to his precious daughter. 

There is no chance that the drenched blonde was going to stay out. He had to do everything he could to find the younger. 

He carries on asking the people around the place if they saw Minyoung. The feline is losing hope and the pain and guilt of being so careless make his weak in the knees. Collapsing on to the wet and sturdy ground of the street, he knew people must be wondering what has gotten in to him. Why did he not look for shelter when the rain came pouring hard. 

The name of the younger girl was being muttered over and over again like a broken mantra by quivering lips.

"Kibum!" That voice how can he even begin to say sorry when that husky voice is so full of worry. Kibum feels like his heart is breaking to millions of microscopic pieces when the elder’s arms were wrapped tightly round his small shivering frame. 

Yoogeun felt so lost. His Jonghyun appa looks calm and poise even if his voice sounded unsure but that look of distraught. It is like the elder had just lost his whole world. Just like every sanity he had had vanished kept haunting the younger's mind. He couldn't bring himself to ask what is going on, just in case the strong armour of the elder come crushing down. He really doesn't want to see the man he looked up to as his father figure look anything less the respectable, so he kept quiet, following the elder's instructions. 

But what breaks his heart is what he sees in front of him: The man that loved him and took care of him in ruins under the pouring rain. His body crouching into a small ball, head hung low. This is the man that he has looked up to his whole life. It causes the younger to internally cry, something monstrous must have happen to bring his hyung-umma into a pile of weeping tears. 

"I told you to go somewhere warm, didn't I?" The sound of crumbling can be heard because damn, why was the elder still so nice to him? Still caring for him even when his daughter was something the younger couldn't even care for properly? 

"Jjong, I'm s-sorry... I didn't m-mean too… it was crowded I should of k-kept my eyes on h-her-" Kibum is in absolute ruins in a way Jonghyun couldn't even begin to blame him. Yes, maybe there is still a part of him that wants to tell and scream at the younger but what good will that do? When the bigger part of him just wanted the younger to understand that he will do everything he can to find his daughter; that he shouldn't worry. 

"Key, bring yourself and Yooguen-ah inside a warm place. And here, keep this with you I'm going to call the police and look for Minyoung, okay?" The elder says handing over his jacket to the younger as well as the umbrella he is holding. Key couldn't stop the pain from witnessing the elder. He looked so broken even beneath such a calm facade.

The young boy who is given the duty to hold the umbrella is shocked for words. Did he just hear the elder right? No, it can't be, his best friend, his soon to be sister is... is missing. 

But he couldn't be weak not now when his uncle; hyung-umma was in ruins. A fragile pile of limbs broken down to his knees. He thanks the man he now looks up to as a father that acts strong for his uncle. But who is Yoogeun kidding? The man is in a worse state than his umma. He's probably dying inside. So the younger has to stay strong for the both of them. 

The blonde vigorously shakes his head, "No, Jjong I want to look with you. Lets bring Yoogeun back to the car and then we'll look together." Kibum says, in a sort of plea. He couldn't just stand back and let the elder look for the little girl all by himself. The guilt was already eating him alive. 

Jonghyun knows where this was going. It is foreshadowing by the way Kibum's wet hands clutching tightly around his forearms. Eyes widen in a silent plea but Jonghyun knows better. Kibum will get sick if he stays any longer and with Yoogeun with them, he couldn't risk the younger getting sick and... lost. One is more than enough. 

"Kibum, listen to me, stay here and I will look for her, okay? Trust me, I'll find Minyoung without a scratch, believe me." The elder says forcefully, he was already wasting so much time as it is. 

"But Jjong... I-"

"Kibum, just listen to me! I'll call you so keep your phone with you." Jonghyun finally says and he doesn't know why he did what he did but he did it anyway. For courage or strength? He didn't know, but he kisses the blonde's forehead and with that he left the dumbfounded feline and the little boy with the umbrella above their heads. 

'Baby, stay safe daddy's going to find you'

Jonghyun runs asking people, all sorts of people if they had seen a girl that resembles anything of his daughter if anyone had seen her wandering. 

But each and every time the answer was always no and his hope was losing its fire. He was losing his drive, the police had yet to get back to him and he was silently cursing every minute the clock ticks forward.  

Kibum couldn't find the heart to disobey Jonghyun and with the large warm jacket around him, he inhales the familiar scent and sighs. 

"Umma, lets go somewhere warm." Yoogeun proposes and the elder sheds a tear because yet again he sees another person he loves trying to be strong for his sake. 

He entangles the elder's jacket from his body before placing it around the younger that carried the umbrella above them. 

"Yes, sweetie we should." Key agrees, carrying the boy in his arms before taking hold of the umbrella and pecking the temples of the other. 

As both Kibum and Yoogeun find their way inside a warm café, the elder couldn't hide the worry. He prays and he prays that the girl is alright. That nothing bad had happened. That someone nice had taken her inside to get away from the rain. 

Kibum's heart clenches and aches at the thought of the rain, not only did it get even heavier, the thought of Jonghyun running around without nothing but his jeans and t-shirt, trying to ask for anything helpful. It was the final straw which held Kibum's sanity. 

'Jjong, please I beg you find her, and bring her back safely.' The younger prays. 

Jonghyun runs everywhere not caring about the rain which seems to have gotten heavier. He didn’t care about the way strangers looked at him as if he was a madman in distress. They weren't far from the truth, he is a madman running around in what seemed like circles in search for his lost daughter. 

But Jonghyun isn't giving up just yet. He needs to die before that day ever happens he needs to find his daughter and he will. 

The panting elder kept running stopping for short brakes asking for anymore leads towards his little princess. 

"H-have you seen, a little girl about this high, she's wearing a pink jacket, and denim skirt, long hair? She's my daughter and she is lost and- please has any of you seem her?" Jonghyun pleads at the bunch of elder citizens who frown at him. Probably judging him for being such an incompetent father for losing his own daughter while others were generally sad while shaking their heads. “no.” 

"And big brown eyes," an elder man in his late 60s pipes in and that on a whole made Jonghyun jump for joy.

"Have you seen her ahjussi? Do you know where she went or-" Jonghyun was probably talking in shambles but the latter didn't care, finally someone saw his daughter. 

"I did see her, she said she was looking for her umma she was carrying something too. I offered to help her but she said that she was fine but I felt so bad for the girl that I gave her an umbrella since I knew the rain was going to be like this." The man says and Jonghyun hugs him out of pure excitement. 

At least his daughter was safe and that someone was nice enough to help her and all he needs now is to find out where she could have found sheltered in. 

"Thank you so much, ahjussi. Here is my card call me for anything! Thank you!" Jonghyun says in hurry as he places his drenched business card inside the palm of the older man who looked at him in a puzzle. He smiles a small smile before running out to find his daughter. 

When suddenly he feels his pocket vibrating; his phone was ringing and someone was calling him. The elder dishes out his phone, unlocking it before answering. 

"Hello?"

"Hello Mr Kim, we have found your daughter. She is safe and sound. She's currently here resting in the police station." The officer says and Jonghyun felt like he can finally breath again that the strong clutch of fear around him was loosening. 

"Thank you officer, please keep her safe. I'll be there as soon as I can." Jonghyun manages to say trying so hard not to just shout in joy. He needs to tell Kibum that Minyoung was fine that she was alright and safe. 

As soon as the officer had hung up on him the elder was already waiting for the younger's voice to resonate in his ears. 

"J-Jjong, did you find her? Is she okay, are you okay-" 

"Bum, the police found her. She's in Myeong-dong's police department. I'm coming to get her now if you want we can meet there." Jonghyun interrupts because there is no need for the younger's tears when Minyoung was safe and sound. 

"Oh thank god, I was getting so worried. Both Yoogeun and I will meet you in the police station.”

"Minyoung and I will see the both of you soon, Kibum-ah." Jonghyun says and with that he hung up. A huge relieved smile on his face. He runs with all his life towards the place his daughter was kept safe in. 

Kibum sighs in relieve. 'Finally, they have found you Minyoung-ah. You had umma worried.’

"Come on Yoogeunnie, Jonghyun appa finally found Minyoung." Kibum says with a smile and the younger beams before standing up. They both make their way to the place Kibum knew a happy Jonghyun would be. 

The soaked brunette runs with all his might as if he is afraid that it was the only thing he could do. 

He just wants to see his little angel back where she should be. Between his strong arms.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

He pants and huffs as he told the receptionist that he is the father of the girl that was found that same day. The receptionist phones the officer who had found her. 

After a minute or two a middle aged man comes out with a smile on his face.

"So you must be the awesome super cool dad I've been hearing so much about!" Jonghyun grins before nodding in answer because yes only his daughter would say so much about him.

"Then follow me." The officer says with a smile. The younger male of the two can only comply and following the other. 

"No, cookies are way better than biscuits! Biscuits are so plain and boring whereas cookies... you can have chocolate ones, fruit ones even a mixture of chocolate and fruit ones." 

Jonghyun feels like he'd rather hear that voice forever and ever than to hear nothing but emptiness, because that was the voice of his daughter. 

"Yeah they are better plus the cookies my umma makes are the best and the most yumm- daddy!" The little girl argues before eyes widen at the sight of her worried dad in front of her.

Jonghyun didn't even wait to hug her. He ran up scooping her up into his embrace, tightly enveloping her. Damn did it feel good to know that your whole world was safe and sound.

"Minyoung, don't you ever wander round like that! You had both me and your Ki-umma worried sick." Jonghyun warns the girl putting her down. 

"Daddy, why are you all wet?" Minyoung asks in confusion eyes wandering over her father’s rain drenched body before placing her small hands onto a misplaced hair pushing it back from her father’s face. 

The elder could only smile, it was times like this Minyoung's innocence and pure way of thinking that made the elder feel that as mature as his daughter gets she's still the little girl he fed burped, and clothed. 

Jonghyun connects their foreheads together. "Just promised me you'll never leave daddy's side ever again? Promise me that Minyoung-ah." He says in a whisper. He smiles when the younger's nose twitches in a way so adorable before nodding her head in agreement.

"I promise, dad. I promise." Minyoung says and with that the sound of the door flinging open resonate the walls.

"Minnie!"

"Ki-umma! Yoogeun oppa!" Minyoung exclaims seeing the faces of the rest of her family.

As soon as the blonde's eyes fell on the younger he was already on his knees hugging the younger so tightly the younger began to squirm and fidget.

"Where did you go Mi? You had umma so worried you don't even understand. I thought I was going to lose my mind. I think I did lose my mind!" Kibum asks, looking at the little girl in front of him. 

"Well, when I told you to wait. It was because I dropped this and when you let go I thought it was because you knew that I had ran back to get it. But you didn't and I disobeyed and I still went and ran back. I'm sorry if I got it dirty I didn't mean-" 

"Minnie, you didn't have to do that. I could have bought you another one. Why did you go back for it?" Kibum interrupts the younger hands caressing the slightly dirty headband atop of the younger's head. 

"No umma, this is the first thing we got together and you said I look really pretty and I didn't want to lose it. I told you I was going to look after it, didn't I?" Minyoung says and it blew Kibum away because gosh was his words really that important for the little girl. 

He couldn't argue anymore. It was a lost case but did this big bundle of joy know how to talk. He hugs her tightly before letting go and placing a kiss onto her forehead. 

The blonde got up bowing in an excessive rate towards the officer who continuously shook his head as well as his hands. "Thank you so much for everything. Really thank you." He says in between bows. 

Jonghyun watches in bewilderment the way Kibum hugs and talks to his daughter and he concludes that that sight was all kind of beautiful. Everything looks so right and so perfect and the elder was just happy that his daughter was back. 

He couldn't hold the chuckle at the way the blonde bowed numerous times, thanking the officer. He walks towards the younger before placing his hands at either side of the feline’s shoulders.

"It's okay I think he gets it, Bummie." Jonghyun says making the younger bleed red from his cheeks. Key turns around before encircling his arms on the elder's necks, burying his face onto slightly wet crook of his neck. 

"I'm so sorry, I shoul-"

"I said it was okay, it wasn't like you wanted her to get lost right. Stop worrying Kibum, okay." the elder says hugging back before patting on to the mass of the younger's drying back. 

"Here, get changed into these and then we can head home." The younger says unlatching himself from the other before bringing the bag placed beside his foot toward the elder.

Jonghyun excuses himself to change while the other 3 bow once again towards the officer. Afterwards Minyoung ran up to the officer who extended to her, with his arms to embrace the younger. "Thank you for looking after me, ahjussi." The little girl whispers and the elder man laughs. "It was a pleasure stumbling onto you, kiddo." He says before standing up to hand over Minyoung to the blonde who smiles before taking the little girl. 

Jonghyun came back again bowing towards the officer who had kindly looked after his daughter. "Thank you again officer, for taking such good care of my daughter." The still damp hair brunette says sincerely. 

"It's my duty sir and I must say you have one clever daughter." The elder man praises smiling at Jonghyun. 

"Well, it's been a long day. I guess it's time for us to go." Jonghyun proposes taking hold of the younger girl before his free hand laced their kind tanned fingers around the hands of Yoogeun, who smiles at him. Kibum follows behind, nodding in agreement, as they made their way out from the police station and into the cleared and sunny street. You would of never guessed that just before it was filled with rain and people with their umbrellas.

"It's been a long day, huh?" Jonghyun jokes but only Kibum knows how much the elder really suffered today. Even beneath his jokes and he smiles in admiration before placing a towel on top of the elder's head who in return halted in place. 

Kibum smiles before rubbing the elder's head dry. "I can't have you getting sick now, can I? Sunhye noona will scold me." Kibum says in a chuckle earning a low groan of satisfaction from the elder. 

"You better take care of me when I do get sick, Bummie." Jonghyun says and Minyoung start to help the blonde by rubbing the towel against her father's head. 

Kibum hums because he would be more than happy to help. It's just that he doesn't really want to get the elder sick even though in the back of his mind, he knew that after today there would be no surprise if he does. 

After drying of some of the rain from the elder's hair the group made their way towards the car, parked near the long street of shops and booths. 

When they reach the car the blonde had carefully placed the two youngest inside, securing them with their respective seat belts, before taking his place beside Jonghyun who had already started the engine. 

The journey home was quiet and peaceful, ironic to how hectic and chaotic it was only a few hours ago. But Kibum is more than please to have Minyoung back safe and sound. Because his conscience couldn't handle seeing Jonghyun so exhausted and mentally tired. 

They reach the younger blonde's simple and modest home, both he and the younger boy as well as Jonghyun had climbed out of their seats before all going around to open the door of the little girl.

"Well, see you at school Minnie, rest well and behave okay." Kibum says, while flashing dimpled cheeks towards the girl who smiled and nodded. 

"I miss you already umma and of course I will." Minyoung says returning the elder’s warm smile before kissing his cheeks goodbye. 

"I'll see you at school oppa." The little girl says waving and smiling at the elder boy who was also cheekily grinning and waving back.  

Jonghyun closes the passenger door before carrying Yoogeun and walking the younger blonde like the true gentleman. It makes the younger try to hide the blush which seems to never leave his cheeks whenever the elder was around. 

As they got nearer to the blonde’s home, Jonghyun places the younger boy down before ruffling his hair. "Sorry we didn't really get to play a lot today." He apologises with a small frown, but the younger boy with wide eyes shakes his head. "No, I had fun today with you appa." And that in itself was enough to get the elder back to his usual grinning self.

Kibum unlocks the door to let the tired already worn out little boy to rest inside, before placing his bags at the side to keep the door open. 

Jonghyun looks at how the younger seemed to still have that glaze of guilt on his beautiful feline eyes. 

"I'd be lying if I said that I didn't blame you even if it’s just a little bit, because I did. But you have to understand that it's okay, it's in the past." The elder says trying to look straight towards the younger's eyes who seemed to be finding a hard time trying to focus on him. So his hand automatically reaches for the younger's cheeks gently forcing him to look at him, meeting his eyes finally. 

Kibum will never forget this day and he feels that this will forever haunt him but at least he knows that Jonghyun is forgiving him. For being so stupid and careless and oh is he even fit to be a teacher if he can't even look after one single child? 

"I'm sorry, I don't even know what to say. Please don't think that I'm not fit to look after Minyoung. Please don't take her from the school." Kibum pleads because every single negative scenarios’ are plaguing his mind. 

The elder chuckles before flicking the younger's forehead. "Saying that you're sorry is enough, Kibum-ah and how can you even think that. Don't think that it was completely your fault. Things like these happen and sometimes it can't be helped. Plus Minyoung would hate me if I even begin to think of separating the both of you." Jonghyun says making the small smile on the younger's face widen. 

"Thank you, Jjong." Kibum says hugging the elder, trying to show his sincerity through his actions. 

"I'll see you soon Bummie, although next time I think it's better to play in the park or at home instead." The elder muses earning a playful slap from the feline boy in front of him. 

"I'll see you round, hyung." The feline says as he waves the elder goodbye. 

Just when the blonde’s foot makes their way inside the dimly lit house his arms get yanked gently pulling him into a strong chest before a chased pleasant kiss was planted into his forehead. 

It took a good few seconds before everything was finally able to be registered on the younger's mind. 

'Did, did Jonghyun just, no he was probably dreaming, dreaming a very nice drea-'

"I'll see you soon, yeobo." The elder shouts waving at him while the younger stood there dumbfounded, mind completely in a frazzle. 

'For goodness sake Jonghyun, and I actually made myself believe I was getting over you and then you me up back into your abyss. It’s like your god damn hobby.’ Kibum's internal voice seethes in an annoyance and anger, yet the prominent blush that colours his cheeks says otherwise. 

Jonghyun did know why, heck he probably wasn't even thinking straight but it felt right. The younger's soft skin beneath his lips or his touch. Somehow it always felt right, even though he knew that what he was doing is worse than all sorts if wrong. 

He was meant to be the man in his eyes, what would be what his best friend would say. 

But for now he lets himself have the satisfaction of being rebellious for once, because after today he deserved it. 

He hops into his car, smiling at his sleeping angel before humming a soft tune while driving back home.  

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"U-Umma... I don't know what to do, appa is shivering and his forehead is so hot. I think his sick!" Minyoung sobs in to the phone sobbing, with her uncle not in the house and Sunhye leaving this morning when she was told that the four of them were going out for the day. The caretaker too, was not in the house and the younger was already so worried to begin with. 

Minyoung has never witness her father look so afraid, so terrified and paralysed with fear. She knows that her father loved her, but the little girl never knew that the elder loved her that much. He cared for her to an extent that even that thought of someone hurting her was his absolute hell. 

Minyoung's afraid that she had never had even given the thought of telling her father how much she loves him. How much she cares thinking that she had a whole life time left to tell the older the exact same thing. But the little girl soon realises that maybe that shouldn't be the case. That every time the elder was around; she should take the incentive to tell him just how important he is to her. Because that's what her father deserved and more.

"Minyoung honey, calm down. Umma will be there as soon as I can okay, but firstly I need you to go to your appa and tuck him in real good, okay?" Kibum instructs, voice trying to mask his worry for Jonghyun. He knew this was going to happen, the way the elder ran out in the pouring rain to find his daughter with everything he had, not caring whether he was going to get sick or not. 

Kibum on the other had a stronger immune system and so even after being under the rain for quite a time had only managed to catch a small migraine and a cold. Jonghyun on the other hand probably had never suffered something as bad as what he had gone through today. Anxiety, utter and fear plus the down fall of such heavy rain was enough to cause the elder to get sick. 

"Umma please come quick, I think his getting worst." The younger pleads in between broken sobs.

Minyoung just couldn't take the torture of seeing his father so weak a feeble like this. Never once has she seen her dad sick to such extent even after 3-4 days of working non-stop. 

"I will baby, just stay by his side and open the door for me when I get there okay." Kibum had already placed the younger boy inside the taxi that had already been instructed where to go. 

"I will, Umma just please, get here soon." That is the last thing the feline hears before he had said goodbye to the younger. 

Kibum was more than happy to make the elder's well-being his priority. It was his fault the other resulted to being so careless about his own health just to try to find his daughter.

"Hyung-umma, is Jonghyun appa going to be okay?" Yoogeun asks wide eyes glazes in worry, as he looked up to his mother, who was drawing calming circles in his shoulder. 

"He'll get better once we get there, but I need you to keep Minyoung distracted okay? Tell her everything will be alright like the big boy you are." Kibum instructs his nephew, reassuringly patting small shoulders. 

'Just wait for me, Jjong. I'll be there as soon as I can.' The blonde thinks as he brings the younger boy’s body nearer to his own.

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ 09 ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Yay, a happy ending... I think at least our baby Minnie is back and seriously people i dont think our jjong could ever lay a finger on our kibummie how could you think that :(

Thank you for he awesome comments, i surely had some of you crying ahahaha but dont worry everyhting is better, but with our puppy sick, what's going to happen next???

You awesoem people are awesome seriosuly thank you, you all made my day <3 <3 xxx

-iloveyou-

 

So there you go, this one is check better. sorry for the crappy job I did last time. I wasn't done then.

I didn't ever get to update my own story!

but yeah I hope this is better!

see you next time

Jongkeywedding