Change isn't always good.

Being Appa's Match Maker

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ 13 ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

 

Key wakes up to the smell of sizzling bacon and fried eggs. He scrunches his button-like nose to the aroma that fills his senses. The curiosity of the feline soon faded at the sight of beautiful angels sleeping beside him. Minyoung at the very end with the older boy whose arms laid comfortably at the youngster's middle. The smile that caresses both the youngster’s faces makes the small smile of the elder to widen. 

Kibum brings his body up, fixing his hair in to place. You never know Jonghyun might be the one cooking and Key wants to impress that elder as much as he possible can. Wiping the sleep from his closed feline eyes he checks the clock. It reads a bright and early 5:36. 

Soon the feeling of yesterday's aftermath comes back. The sadness, worry and insecurity as well as the undeniable rage of jealousy boils, filling the younger's empty stomach. 

What's worst he couldn't even hate her not one bit. The way she would smile was sickening yet sweet and admirable. The way she would hold Jonghyun's clothed biceps as they laugh was everything natural and most importantly the way she treats Minyoung with so much care, makes him feel like he wasn't loving the little girl enough and that hurts. It hurts, a lot for the feline to take. 

The thought of the elder loving and admiring such a beautiful woman or any beautiful women, is definitely something the younger blonde would constantly deny. Using excuses like 'No, Jonghyun's world revolves around his daughter to an extent where the elder would never dare get himself a girlfriend.' or 'Minyoung would never like her, so there's no need to worry.' probably come across as hypocritical. But sometimes excuses like those are the ones which keeps the younger sane and not a person who wallowing in his own self-pity. 

She is everything the word perfect symbolises for, and everything Jonghyun would be attracted to. Comparing her to Kibum, he is a mere speck which dirties her beautiful presence. 

She's everything the younger wished to be. 

Kibum promises himself that he will do everything that he can to be happy, because that's something not even she can jeopardise. He won't let her, even if it kills him inside. There would never come a day were his mother would fail to remind him just how much his happiness means. That if an obstacle would come in between him and his happiness then there would be no reason why the younger boy should even think twice of what to do. 

He wasn't fighting a losing battle. Yes, his chances of making the elder fall for him are close to nothing but he needs to think positive. Because at least he had some kind of chance, it isn't completely in vain. 

Plus the 22 year old would have worked so hard for this, putting so much effort in the little family the four of them are a part of. The family might not be completely official but it's still his family: Jonghyun, Minyoung and Yoogeun are his family. 

'I'm sorry Sekyung as lovely as you are… Jonghyun is out of bounds.' 

The younger smirks with the thought, he really can't bare the thought of not doing anything when it is his happiness that is taken away. 

With that thought engraved in his mind he graces a soft smile towards the two curved sleeping figures beside him. Hovering over them he places a chaste kiss on both of their foreheads. 

'Umma can't lose you, you're too important.' 

Kibum finds the big sweat shirt the elder had given him. Putting it on and smelling the husky yet sweet aroma of the elder the younger smiles. 

'I definitely can't bare to lose you.' 

Kibum stretches his slim lithe limbs before making his way out of the guest room. Jonghyun had always let both him and Yoogeun stay in the room whenever they were asked for a sleep over. It was a room Kibum came to love and adore. 

As soon as he makes his way down quietly towards the kitchen, the younger's heart drops at the graceful Sekyung making her way round effortlessly in a kitchen he called his own. 

It's as if the gods had wanted to shove it all up in his face, how he will never be enough compared to a real woman. He could nag all he wants, tell them to go to bed and eat their vegetables, he could pick out their clothes and cook them delicious food or even boss them around. But one thing is clear he'll never really be the mother that Jonghyun, Minyoung and Yoogeun crave and yearn for. Seeing the elder females long hair tied up into a louse bun, with the same pink frilly apron that would hug his waist, humming a cheerful song, makes that fact all the more prominent to the saddened blonde younger. 

"Hey Se~ Come up here for a bit and help me." The all too familiar call resonates his ears and the fact the elder woman were busily putting food into the plates tells the younger that he needed to hide before she sees him. So he dashes to hide behind one of the cupboards, out of the woman's line of vision. 

"Alright, I'll be up. Be quite will you?" The secretary nags, face contorting into one of annoyance and Kibum frowns, even her annoyed face looks cute. His annoyed face just looks... well annoyed and definitely not cute at all. 

Kibum notices how the older secretary had made a breakfast meal especially for the elder. It makes the blonde reminisces on the first time that he and Yoogeun had stayed over. It was some time in the early weeks of the November month, already been a few weeks since the four of them had been playing and hanging out together. 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Kibum is never really the one to sleep in, not even on weekends. So he finds himself waking as early as 5 o'clock in the morning. Gracefully and quietly he makes his way around the big spacious kitchen, with nothing but his pyjamas and cute cow slippers on. 

Soon enough the specious kitchen is filled with the most delicious of aromas and since it was a school day. He made chocolate chip pancakes just for the little ones topped off with whipped cream, bananas and strawberries. Cute lunch boxes: green, blue and pink one all lined up in the counter. He filled them to the brim with more delicious food. The blonde loved cooking, it’s something that calms him down and makes him feel in control. 

"Here I am thinking a robber just got into my house, well wouldn't you be every households dream?" A husky morning tone muses surprising the younger. 

"Good morning to you too, hyung." Kibum says, eyes avoiding the elder’s completely. The way the elder's messy hair flopped over his sleepy puppy like eyes or the way the elder's arm muscles were threatening to rip his t-shirt open or was it just the way the elder stood there with both hands cocooned inside his pockets? It didn’t matter, it made the blonde's cheeks redden and palms begin to sweat. In conclusion, Jonghyun didn't have to do much for the blonde younger to melt in to a puddle of pink goo. 

"How come you’re up so early, Kibum-ah? It's only half past five you don't have to wake up for at least another one and a half hour." Jonghyun asks walking over to the younger whose busying himself with filling the lunch boxes. 

"I'm a morning person, hyung." Kibum answers because it’s only polite to answer your elders but he purposely keeps his answers curt and short because gosh talking to the elder while using a knife, really won't have a very pretty outcome. He doesn't really think spraying blood would be very appealing in such an early morning. 

Jonghyun hums in response before inhaling smiling. How long has it been? 7 years? wow, a lot can change in 7 years. In those years a person could grow tired of deceiving, tired of a lot of things and being with Kibum, it showed Jonghyun how much he has been missing. 

Jonghyun could feel that sense of admiration swell big inside of him. The younger man may not be a girl with long hair and s but to him, Kibum looks absolutely magnificent. Then again it is only friendly admiration, well that's what Jonghyun would tell himself. 

It’s a wonderful sight to wake up too. The elder concludes as Kibum plates all of his deliciously cooked food when the wall clock reads 6 o'clock in the morning.

"Would it be alright if I eat now? I'll have to leave pretty early for work." Jonghyun asks as he tilts his head to look at the younger as he washes his hands. He refuses to believe that it was the younger's doing why he began to be so worked up about a single smile. 

"Of course you can hyung, and here… the green one is a lunch box for you." Kibum says with the same smile which confuses the hell out of the elder. Jonghyun wants to blame the sun for making the younger appears as if he is glowing. He can't do that because there is no sun to blame and so he just ends up blaming his eyes for acting up. He did forget to put his contacts in or wear his glasses, so it probably really is his eyes. 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

As the dainty woman makes her way up, Kibum had stealthily followed her. Left being unnoticed, he was always told to resemble much of a cat and in these times he can't help but agree. 

What he is expecting to see he didn't really know himself. Maybe the elder brunette looking for some lost documents while the chestnut coloured female aided him like normal business between a boss and his personal assistant. What he didn't expect was the event unfolding before his very eyes. 

The tears start to cloud his eyes and yet perfection is still all he sees. 

"Yah! You stupid, how can you get this all tied up wrong? You've been wearing ties for god knows how long." Sekyung says as her dexterous hands quickly entangling the knotted tie of the elder, who resemble a of kicked puppy. 

"Well, that's why I ask for help didn't I, geez..." Jonghyun then retorts placing both his hands in his pockets. 

Kibum really can't look anymore, it was always him that helped the elder. It is also him who nags him about ties and what colours suit with what. But know seeing Sekyung fiddling around with the elders tie, standing so close, height significantly shorter than the elder made him realise how much more perfect they look if it was him compared to his obnoxiously tall height and long hands. 

Knowing he can see all the details that makes him so unfit for Jonghyun the younger doubts his even one quarter of Sekyung's perfection. To think he was stupid enough to even believe that he is about to ruin everything by confessing, in a way he thanks the elder female for enlightening him to reality. 

The blonde clutches his hands around his mouth muffling the silent whimpers of pain. He tears his eyes away from the sickeningly sweet sight of a couple’s perfection. He stumbled his way inside the guest bedroom, where another sight of a different sort of perfection greeted him. Honestly he really tried to smile, he really did but he couldn't. Being an idiot is enough, he doesn't want to be a lunatic, smiling and crying at the same time. 

Moments like these are why Kibum hates his own personality the most. He’s far to open with his feelings and at times he wonders if the elder, even as naive as he is, has ever caught on to his real intentions. He shakes his head, 'Jonghyun couldn't be that cruel, to lead me on knowing that he wasn't planning to return the same feelings. No, he just can't and you're just paranoid Kibum.' the blonde argues to himself. 

Before waking up the slumbering pair, Kibum locks himself in the confines of the on suite bathroom connected conveniently with the guest bed room. He shuts his eyes as tight as he could. The mirror in there is far too big and clear, he'll end up seeing all his flaws and imperfections. So he opens the cold tap and starts to wipe his tears away. He doesn't once open his eyes, his fingers roaming around until they clutched into a nearby unused towel. Only then did he open his eyes as the softness of the towel touches with his flushed and moisten face. 

Kibum slides on the ground and curses because the effort of washing his face and wiping away his tears were all in vain as trickles of salty tears began cascading down his flushed porcelain cheeks. He doesn't mind it now. No one could see him and crying his heart out would be best. One final load of tears to cry for the elder, and this one should finally be enough. 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"So who ties your tie for you the last couple of weeks then, since it's been looking rather immaculate recently and it doesn't require me to have to nag at you anymore? Because from my sources Sunhye unnie hasn't been around much and Minho seems like the type of person that would even know how to." Sekyung asks while already knowing the answer but what she didn't expect is, the way the 24 year olds’ eyes begin to glisten in a form of sweet reminiscing hinted with the lightest glaze of admiration. 

"Kibum does it for me..." Jonghyun chuckles remembering how the blonde would scold him for ruining such a beautiful made tie as he finds the tie all wrongly. "His hands would work magic and they're kind of really pretty too, sometimes I stare but I don't think he notices, because he's too focused on tying my tie." Jonghyun adds in a daze and it confirms all of Sekyung's predictions and assumptions. 

Yesterday's dinner was all it had to take for the wise chestnut haired female to understand. She's silently sighs in relief to herself, that the younger blonde wasn't glaring at her out of dislike of her personality but for jealousy and she completely understands. When she first started to work for the elder, she'd be lying if she said that she wasn't attracted. Everyone in the company is already too busy doing the ogling for her. But soon she realises that the elder isn't someone who was looking for a lover especially with a cute adorable daughter to look after. She slowly understands that she was only admiring him, for his work and his kind and helpful personality. The thougth of anyone, not liking or even finding themselves the slightest bit attrcted to the elder brunette, is something rather weird and abnormal in the long haired brunette's most humble opinion. The young 24 year old female never really did think of herself as someone too special, yes she has her own unique qualities, but the reason why she can't stop the strong admiration she feels towards the elder is because of the way in which he would compliment her even though she knew how bad the meeting went because of her forgetfulness; that feeling of being constantly looked after and cared for, is what makes the elder such a wonderful man. She smile a bitter sweet smile, yes she would love to be the mother Minyoung wished to have and the partner Jonghyun could be proud of, but yesterday she could see how the younger boy and his nephew fit perfectly with the Kims' humble and small family.

So when Minyoung would scowl at her and glare at her whenever she came around to have a word with the elder on a project, she also begins to realise how the young girl is as protected of her father if not more. So she made it clear to the younger girl how she sees the elder as nothing more than a really good friend, a brother if you will. The way that the little girl smiles and beams at her now lets her know that it's that reassurance the little girl was after. Sekyung is no longer a threat to be suspicious of, in Minyoung's eyes and it makes it easier for the other lady to breath whenever over night work needs to be finished.

The last couple of months Sekyung has been intrigue by the elder's actions and behaviours. The way he would smile more genuinely. Even taking his time to actually stop working over lunch to eat from a green coloured container, or taking more days of to relax as the elder would kindly put it makes her smile widen because it’s obvious her boss was in love. 

She silently curses herself, because if her womanly intuition is right then… She just stopped the blonde from confessing. 

The blonde: Kim Kibum, the female smiled at the thought of the younger male. She had always had her assumptions of the elder's uality. She concludes that something must of happen to him in the pass which led him to act like that. When it's abundantly clear how the younger male is his ideal type. She couldn't fault the younger man, though she did try. Minyoung's acts towards him is far more friendly and welcoming than she ever was with her and once again it's a tell-tale sign how the younger girl already sees the younger blonde as her father’s other half. 

The blonde younger makes Jonghyun happy, and that's all Sekyung could really ask for; as a friend, a collegue and most importantly as someone who once admired the elder silently from a far.

It all fits quite well really, if you think about it.

"You like him don't you?" Sekyung says patting with the elders chest with both her hands, while she looks up with all knowing eyes. 

"I- uh I-..." 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Kibum couldn't handle this. It's all too much for his fragile and broken heart to handle. He already knows how unlikely his chances were but having to witness such an affectionate event between Jonghyun and Sekyung. The younger's heart just couldn't bare the thought of losing the elder. 

He unlocks the bathroom door, he stopped crying a while ago and his face seemed less bloated and flushed. So the blonde quietly makes his way towards the two still slumbering figures and he climbs before laying down joining them. 

He shuts his eyes trying to block all the unhealthy negative thoughts away. Closing them off hard to prevent himself from spilling unneeded tears as he hugged the two youngest closer into his embrace. But fate couldn't wait but to see the silently weeping blonde as Jonghyun appears in all of his handsome glory. Coat draped casually over his tanned caramel arms as a white tight fitting dress shirt hung on to his build physique, with that damned tie typed perfectly around his neck. A charcoal grey toned waist coat accentuating the elder’s broad shoulders, polished black shoes making their way towards the guest bed. Kibum stiffens as he feels the bed tilt into Jonghyun's weight. 

The elder smiles before bending down to kiss Minyoung's forehead and then to Yoogeun. Jonghyun gazes at the sleeping figure furthest away from him, before kissing his thumb, pressing it on the blonde’s forehead, all too lovingly. Kibum wants to scream and shout and tell the elder to stop. Stop playing with his feelings making him feel loved when the elder already has the beautiful curvy elder woman for himself.

"Take care. I'll see you soon." The elder says before making his way out of the silent room. The elder thinks that the room is silent, when it's clearly not. Silent whimpers of pain and cracking of a very fragile heart can be heard but the elder doesn't know that, does he? 

Causing the already crying other to cry more because he knows that it's all just empty words to the elder. However sweet, caring or absolutely heart-warming it might be. 

He really needs to get himself together. He can't always be falling in love more and more with the brunette. He needs to set himself straight, Kibum curses his own weakness. He can't always fall for the elder's sweet words and loving gestures of affection. Since at the end of the day Kibum would never be sure if Jonghyun would ever mean anything he says or does. 

He makes a promise to himself. A promise threatening to break the promise he first made with his clueless and naive self only a mere 2 hours ago. He needs to start avoiding the elder if he wants to forget about him, but that won't mean restraining himself from seeing the younger girl, who he loves far too much to even be in the category if his 'must-avoid list'. 

He wipes the elder's kiss away, he can't possibly be that weak, is he? 

Where is the confident Kibum, who would find it as easy as pairing clothes to dump a certain man who showed feelings toward him? Where is he? Kibum needs to look for him soon, because that Kibum knows how much it hurts to be broken hearted and he also knew the best way to forget. 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Jonghyun closes the guest room behind him, hands clutching his clothed clad heart. He inhales and exhales, with peaceful closed eyes. 

"I think… I think I might l-" 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Since the time Minyoung woke up she knew that something is already incredibly wrong. 

There was no 'Good morning baby.' with a motherly kiss nor is there the Ki-umma who would nag them to eat all their food. 

She looks confused at the elder boy sat beside her, "Is Ki-umma okay?" She whispers and Yoogeun shrugs with a frown, "I don't think he will be for a while." He finally says. Minyoung feels like ripping her hair out, what does that mean? What kind of response is that? 

Yoogeun doesn't bother telling Minyoung about the surprise, he too is left surprised. He just hopes that the blonde would soon regain back his hearty laugh and dimpled smile. 

His heart aches a little more, when the elder sighs as he straightened the younger's clothes. "Jonghyun appa wouldn't of liked me anyway." Kibum chuckles and Yoogeun wanted to slap the other awake. As much as he hates to even think about laying a hand on the elder, he can see the hurt and pain in his eyes and all he wanted was for his uncle to lean on him for a change. 

They got to school and soon enough both younger could see a change within the elder who smiled so brightly it blinded them. 

That smile is definitely fake, as bright as it was both youngsters concluded. 

Taemin didn't take long to catch up with what was happening with the elder blonde. Kibum had always been so transparent. In some ways more than Taemin being able to know what was wrong with the elder without having to utter a word towards the blonde, the one who seems to be frowning and sighing more frequently. 

He had a feeling that the elder's frown had something to do with Jonghyun. He must have been painting the dimpled smile on the elder from the beginning. He just hopes it's something small and aid-able that can be fixed with some reassuring words and loving gazes. Yet the embossed frown and constant sighing of the elder told Taemin otherwise. 

Playtime. It's playtime yet her usually playful Ki-umma isn't in the mood to play. While she and Yoogeun looked longingly at the elder from the playground swings. 

'I thought a little jealousy won't hurt nobody. Obviously it did and it hurt the person I didn't want to get hurt the most.' 

"Stupid, Kim Minyoung." The little girl whispers under her breath as she eyes the person who she had hurt the most whose to busy forcing himself to smile, to notice the little girl's worry filled glances.

 

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ 13 ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

And more sad unfluffy part of the story... :(

I'm sorry darlings but yeah... i don't really have much to say for this chapter... boring I dunno

I'm a massive troll hurhurhur :)

But i do hate Key baby being insecure ahh where is our diva gone????

Fact of the day- I based Jonghyun's in denial stupid with noticing things, character on myself and ahh the same way you feel about his is the same way my closes best friends feel about me, im seriosuly a hard nut to crack. I would deny and deny. So for the ones who feels this is slightly unreal, its not because im like this.

Another fact, i like to wallow in my self pity like Key does in this fic, so yeah a part of me stays with these characters... :3

and to that person who made me smile with her great analaysing skills, im sorry I let you down Sekyung is really nothing special, a normal girl who fell in love with someone she wasn't meant to fall for. I feel like crap, but dont worry I have plenty up my sleeves that will leave you -----> :o /dead/ ahahahah 

yep and so the avoiding game begins....

I'll see you guys next thursday people...

-iloveyou-

 

Sniff sniff Poor little Key! 

JongkeyWedding <3