Why can't he, be old, bald and wrinkly?!

Being Appa's Match Maker

 

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ 01 ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

 

"What's your name?" A man in his mid-twenties asks as he pulls the pink cardigan down into place; doe wide eyes staring questioningly towards a pair of smaller more feminine yet undeniably cute replica.

"Kim Minyoung. Mi or Minnie for short; age 7, block 5; Kim Residence, Itaewon Seoul South Korea-" The pocket size, pig tailed haired girl sighs in dramatic relief as she was stopped for reciting an all too familiar answer.

"Okay, okay I get it; you're Miss Know-it-all and I'll just have to be that young undeniably good looking daddy that has to deal with his baby girl being all grown up." The guy with a slightly pained expression praises himself as he thoughtfully pulls down on the little girl's skirt, which was too high for his liking.

"Daddy, I'm a big girl now, I'm practically 8 so no need to worry." The ironically only 3 foot tall girl says as she reassures her father.

Needless to say the 7 year old, clad in a baby pink cardigan and denim skirt, is undeniably adorable. With round doe like eyes resembling much like her father's, as well as chubby pink tinted cheeks, that people would just love to pinch. Yet that was not all; the sight of straight blinding white teeth tugged into a dimpled smile, she could have anyone wrapped round her finger.

The little girl would find herself sighing, little fingers pinching the bridge of a button like nose while her brown silk-like hair clad her head shined as she tilts it backwards- 'Is it so hard to be like one of those, bald, wrinkly, old dads that had been unfortunately given the oh-so-important job of taking their kids to school'- honestly Minyoung couldn't get her head around it. Adding to keeping away rabid-like single mothers from trying to chat up her dad; it would have been so much easier if he was one of those old, bald and wrinkly men.

With every women that will throw themselves at her father, she needed to think of a way to step away in the pride of her 'Planet Protection' badge.

There was no use denying it, Kim Minyoung even at the height of only 3 foot and 3 inches would turn bitter, it would be fair to say that the girl was picky; very picky. Whenever it came down to her father, the girl even at the barely developed age of 7, was smart enough to know that her father is the perfect catch; loving, caring plus being an ultimate heartthrob. Everything is perfect about him. With the bonus points, which could also been seen as a minus factors: One, he was a loving and hardworking father, and Two, it’s all that he seems to want to be, a loving caring, undeniably good looking dad.

With that kind of attitude the younger's job became even more impossible. She can’t exactly force him to like, let-alone love someone, not even if it was for his only daughter. He needs to find happiness on his own. But helping him find it quicker is okay... right?

"I don't care. Whatever you say or do. You’re still going to be daddy's little girl; a little girl that needs her daddy to drop her off on her first day of her second year in elementary school." Jonghyun shakes his head playfully, smiling as he tucks a piece of loose hair behind his daughter's ear before caressing pink tinted cheeks lovingly.

"No dad. I told you, you can't go inside! You have to stay behind the gate when you drop me off."

'And that's if you ever get the chance', the little girl wanted to add, shaking her head in annoyance while slipping one arm inside her cream fur coat. The request makes the older an eyebrow, eyes hazed in complete irritation.

"Why is it that you always seem to find a reason to shoo me away? Ever since last year when it was your first year in elementary, you wouldn't even let me go anywhere near the school heck being inside it." Jonghyun asks his daughter voice slightly raised, completely oblivious as to why the young girl was forcing the fact that she didn’t want her dad accompany her in.

'If you only, knew dad, the things I go through for you.' the little girl thought with a hidden sigh.

Just as the girl began to open a tall figure appeared in between her opened bedroom doorway, "Mi, you ready for school?" Asked the dark haired, tall, kerero eyed man, who was in his early twenties, Jonghyun looked up in confusion, "You're taking Minyoung to school, Minho?" He asks, the taller boy nodded, "She asked me to take her to school yesterday, said you had work so you couldn't do it." For the first time in her life, she doubted her favourite uncle's intelligence. Wasn't the shocked eyes and shaking of her head enough to show him that it was only an excuse so that her father wouldn't have to come more than a one metre near the school?

Before the eldest out of the three even had the chance to ask for a good reason why his sweet innocent baby girl was lying to him, the 7 year old had already kissed him goodbye and was running towards her uncle. "I'll see you after school daddy, love you!" That was the last thing Jonghyun heard before the sound of a door closing resonated around him.

Jonghyun sighed, plopping himself down to his already made daughter's bed. The calm baby pink colour of the walls was soothing his annoyance. 'Why is it that him and school could never go hand in hand, in his daughter's mind' he ponder, though he would be lying if he said that it was the only thing which bothered him.

It's been two years since he started working for the company again and yes maybe him and Minyoung didn’t have the time to talk about everything like they usually did when Minyoung was still a babbling 2 year old. But still, now he felt like his daughter was drifting away from him. If it wasn't school, it would be the playground or the shopping mall. The seven year old would refuse the offer to go with him, and he seriously didn't understand why.

He wasn't like the other dads who doesn't know the meaning of fun. Heck, he was a fit, 24 year old any kid would want to play with. Yet his daughter couldn’t even spare him the thought. Even Minho seemed to spend more time with Minyoung than he did.

Minho, if he was not studying or going out with his own friends, would be found right beside Minyoung be it school, the playground or the mall.

Jonghyun as bad as it sounds is starting to feel jealous, "What am I going to do with her, Sooyoung?" Jonghyun whispers, his forearm covering his eyes.

Jonghyun never forgot to remind his daughter just how much of a great person her mother was and he didn't think Minho would pass an opportunity to tell his niece just how awesome his sister was either.

That could be the reason why, Minyoung never looks for any mother figure. The girl was content with her dad, uncles and aunt. Well that was the fib Jonghyun got from her. She never talked or complained about being the odd one out in school. She seemed to be fine without a mother figure since Sunhye, their caretaker did her best to provide for all of the younger’s needs.

But that fact could also be why Jonghyun is so desperate to step foot inside his daughter's school, to meet the one person his daughter can never stop talking about. That is her Ki-umma.

However, Jonghyun doesn't have the time to be thinking about others when work started calling him, the older got up stretching himself awake before closing his daughter's door. Walking up to his room to get change for work, 'Oh the joy' the older sighs.

Jonghyun goes to work with slump shoulders and jutted lower lip in irritation because he knew that it was suppose to be his job taking his daughter to school, telling teachers to take care of her; not her uncle, not Minho.

On the other hand, Minho feels great about take his niece to school. All the more reason to meet-up with his 4 month long lover. Who just happened to be Minyoung's assistant teacher.

"Are you gonna tell me why you chose me instead of your dad, who looked like an abondoned puppy just now, to take you to school?" Not like he was really complaining, but the wide eyed elder is curious, taking his eyes of the road to glance at the younger seated beside him.

"The same reason why I used to hate you picking me up from school," the 7 year old replied casually looking out at the beautiful autumn scenery. Auburn coloured leaves all scattered in the ground while birds happily chirping in their home. It's not like she didn't want her dad to take her to school. No seven year old would pass that kind of bonding time. 

Minho nods in agreement because he knew exactly why the little girl beside him was always so hesitant in bringing her father… anywhere.

"I just really don't like it. I absolutely hate it. Women are meant to be feminine, delicate innocent creatures, not wild beast ready to pounce on new good looking meat." Minho smiles and takes the time to caress the seven year old's soft cheeks; whose lips are currently drawn together in an irritated pout.

"Hey, what's with the pout, I know it's irritating and really annoying but don't let it get you down, have fun today it's your first day back." the older cheered, glancing at the girl beside him, nodding in response.

"I can't wait to meet Yuri, Jaesun and Umma and Taemin Seonsaengnim!" 

The difference in the mood of the little girl who slopped down on the seat beside him earlier compared to the lively cheerful girl now made the smile in Minho's face wider. How adorable.

Although, Minho himself can't control his undeniable happiness, for the first time after two weeks of not being able to see each other (damn essays), the elder can finally see his equally adorable lover. School .

Minyoung as young as she is, knew and supported her loved up uncle, she could even be called their match maker because in reality it was her, which allowed Minho and her cute assistant teacher to meet and get to know each other.

Unlike other children who were brought up by narrow minded parents. She was taught that no matter what you believed in, who you are or what you are. Everybody in this world has the choice of loving anyone that makes them happy, regardless of age, gender or religion.

Seeing her uncle's happy face as they pull up in the school’s car parking lot, where the said assistant teacher is happily greeting and smiling at the in coming students, just makes her little heart flutter in happiness.

"I'm guessing you want to personally walk me over there." The girl said in amusement making the older hung his head in embarrassment, nodding his head. Was he really that obvious?They both hopped out of the car and held hands, walking towards the front of the school where a cute feminine looking male with brown wavy hair and slim body was busy welcoming everybody in.

"Taemin-Seonsaengnim!" The little girl called out, body already running towards the said boy whose arms were already extended waiting for the younger.

"Minnie, how have you been?" The brown haired boy said as he lifts the younger up in his arms.

"I missed you Taemin oppa, but I know who misses you even more."

The brunette's cheeks instantly glowed with a pinkish tint at the words of his student; who was already down on the ground searching for her 'Umma'.

Leaving the two older alone, both their cheeks tinted with pink and heart’s pumping in excitement. They were left to catch up with each other or more realistically to stare at each other while trying to utter a word of welcome. The thought of two stuttering adults left all by themselves amused Minyoung completely.

"Minnie, umma missed you so much." The young girl's eyes grew wide at the sound of the voice that called for her, immediately running towards the person's waiting embrace.

"I missed you too, umma."

"How was your holiday, baby?" The male voice asked with a contagious dimpled smile.

"It was amazing umma, daddy bought me a new doll and took me to Disneyland for a week, I had so much fun." Minyoung answered happily sharing the fun time she experienced with her father. Though most of the time it was her scowling at French waitresses because they can't seem to get anything right when a hot costumer was in front of them. They were hopeless the little girl thought.

"I'm glad you had fun darling." The person Minyoung happily called her umma said. Showing the most endearing smile that displayed cute dimples along with it. Minyoung can't help but wonder when a girl like her umma would come along for her dad to marry. She hopes that she would come soon.

 

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ 01 ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

 

Yay, chapter one is completed!!! *throws confetti*.

I really hope that everything is okay (sorry if i dissapointed anyone of you lovely people), and please if you see any grammer mistakes, don't hesistate to correct me, I really do appreciate them.

Please comment and tell me what you think and i hope my way of writing makes sense, lol sometimes I don't know whether I even make sense or not.

I hope you find the characters cute, I personaly do like Minyoung ahahaha

And to anyone who is curious; this is my inspiration for this story....

From this you can tell he's going to be that awesome dad and ahh seriously my blinger feels went ott when I saw this, I would put the gif but yeah I at tagging things in tumblr so I can't find it :(

Plus Key in the recent 'Fire' MV; seriously they're going to be such amazing dads.

I shall be updating this fic every Sunday, its a realistic plan so yeah but if im feeling nice then I'll update twice a week, ahahaha.

Chapter two you will meet Key and how his Ki-umma role came about.

Thank you again xxx

-iloveyou-

P.s Jongkeywedding

approved!