Cold.

♪ Piano Love ♫

The 20-year-old smiled to himself as he wore his boots. "Hwaiting!" He yelled out before going out of his house to his university. It was -6 degrees for today but he didn't even bother to find a bus and instead walked all the way to university. He liked winter. It was his most favorite out of all the other seasons.

He liked how there was fog whenever someone talks because it tells people how warm they were , how animals would look fat because of their thick feather or fur , how kids would wear big clothes that made them look even smaller because of the coldness and how couples would share their clothing like gloves or muffler. It was cute to see. 

He chuckled before setting a rhythm to walk. It was 7 am so not many people were around and it looked quiet lonely to him , even though he always walked at this kind of time. He stopped at his usual cafe for hot chocolate and continued walking afterwards. Finally , he arrived at his music university. Yup , he's a music student - a part-timer piano teacher too.

He sneaked into one of the piano rooms in his university and settled his bag beside it. There were no other students except him because he was always the first one to arrive school in order to spend more time on his piano. He loved to play the piano because it always calm him down though he frowned when the room is warm.

He missed being out in the cold though he took off his winter jacket and hanged it. He pulled the piano open and sat on the bench. 30 minutes of practicing Beethoven , the door of the studio was pushed open. "Ah! It was you Hyukjae!" His friend yelled out and hugged him from behind. The said name smiled.

"Hi Jungsu hyung. How did you know it was me?" He asked as he patted the spot next to him on the bench. "From the way you play it! And you're so cruel! How could you leave without me again?" Hyukjae chuckled. "You were sleeping like a log so I didn't know whether to wake you up or not." The older pouted and cling onto the younger more.

"I wonder what makes you love winter so much. I would rather spend the whole day buried in my warm thick blankets and just sleep." "You mean my  warm thick blankets." The older nodded. "Yup." "Geez , hyung. When are you going to settle things with your boyfriend? You guys have been fighting for over a month now."

Jungsu chuckled bitterly. "I know. Just don't be like me okay Hyukjae?" The younger looked at him confusedly. "How is that?" "Just fall in love and get married. Don't be so insecure of your feelings like I am.." "But you are there when I'm in confusion right?" Hyukjae asked and the older smiled at him before ruffling his hair. "Of course." And they both smiled.

It was already 10 pm though , Hyukjae waited. '30 more minutes!' He thought and waited. "11:01 pm" He read and sighed. Guess Jungsu won't be staying over his house for tonight. The dinner he cooked was cold already and he put them into his fridge. He didn't like to eat alone and would prefer not eating when it comes to that.

Hyukjae lied in his blankets and heard a grumble coming from his stomach. "Sorry mister , but we're not eating for today." He said and closed his eyes , trying to sleep. The next day was the same as before , no Jungsu and no eating as well. His stomach grumbled again. "You're lucky we have coffee for today Mr. Stomach." 

He said though , his stomach grumbled even more. "You're not hungry." He repeated and continued to walk to his class. Maybe Jungsu had settled things with his boyfriend and was now happy was what he thought. Even when he was with his friend , he couldn't bring himself to ask him to stay.

"Have you been eating? You don't look well." Jungsu asked with a worried expression. He wanted to say 'My stomach hurts' though , he replied with a smile and nodded. "Really? Hmm , then don't spend too much time in the cold." He nodded again and it was silence again. "Have you settled things with your boyfriend?" 

The older looked at him. "Kinda..? Though , we'll fight again after a few days so don't worry! I'll still sleep over at your house when that time comes." The younger nodded. Today was the same , no one at home. The pit of his stomach started to hurt but he ignored it by studying. Sick of it , he went to sleep in pain.

The next day , he woke up still feeling tired even though he had slept more than 8 hours. He groaned every time he moved. His whole body hurt. It was Saturday , he remembered that he have a piano class to teach and tried to wear clothes quickly. He tried to run but his legs were too tired and he walked slowly , the urge to vomit was there.

Suddenly , a tall guy bumped into him roughly that caused his music sheets to scatter around the floor. "I'm so sorry!" He had apologized and picked up the music sheets. He didn't even feel his fingers when he picked up the papers and just realized that he wasn't even wearing gloves.

The guy who had bumped into him picked the music sheets too but after some minutes , he groaned. "Are you okay?" He asked with a worried expression. The other had nodded and he smiled to himself. What a kind young man helping him pick his papers. The tall guy handed him his papers and he put them into his files. "Thank you." He said , smiling tiredly and afterwards , his sight blackened.

O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.

Kyuhyun sighed as he lifted the smaller around the neighborhood. How did he even ended up in this situation? Bad luck it is. It has been over 30 minutes of trying to find the other's house and he sighed again in defeat. He thought about taking the other to his house and decided it was the best thing to do for now.

The other was burning up with a fever and Kyuhyun took a damp cloth to lower his temperature. The other's temperature was not going down and he decided to cool down the smaller's body with the damp cloth. He took off the smaller's jacket and t-shirt and rub it on the other's chest , back and neck. 39 degrees. At least it went down. 

He washed the other's clothes and made him wear his for the mean time. Why were he even out in the streets with a fever? It was dangerous. He decided to ask that later when the smaller can move around. He ended up sleeping by the other's side in case if he need anything when he wakes up.

The smaller was still unconscious the next morning and Kyuhyun began to worry. He was beside the smaller when his eyes fluttered open and he sighed in relief. The other looked at him with sleepy eyes and tugged at his sleeves. "Have you eaten anything?" The other shook his head. He was about to get some food when the other's grip on his sleeve tightened.

"Stay." It was more of a lip movement but he caught what the other had wanted to say. "I'm just going to get some food. I'll come right back okay?" The grip loosened and he went into his kitchen in search of food. He made an instant soup and plain water before going into his bedroom again.

The smaller had problem in moving and Kyuhyun had to lift the other into a sitting position while leaning against the bed headboard in order to feed him. After eating half of the soup , the smaller shook his head while covering his mouth. "You don't want to eat anymore?" He shook his head again.

"I won't force you to eat but you really look like you need it." The other kept quiet. "Can you speak?" He nodded. "Drink then talk if you want." The smaller complied and it took a while for him to talk. "Thank you." "You should eat more." Kyuhyun said as he looked at the pale person in front of him.

"Nah , I'm fine." He said and was about to get up when Kyuhyun pulled him to sit back. "You shouldn't move around too much. I don't even know your name yet." The other hesitate to sit but did so. "Lee Hyukjae." "Cho Kyuhyun." They timidly shook hands. It was weird for Kyuhyun because he was known with his cold and ignorant personality.

Hyukjae has a warm and friendly personality. It's just , he was not that sociable. Jungsu is the only friend he got now while others went to study abroad. "Are you a music student?" The other nodded. "Piano?" A nod again. "How did you know?" Finally , Kyuhyun's attempt to hear the other's soft voice succeeded.

"I can.. Read notes? Just a little bit though!" "Why little?" The other asked , tilting his head to the side in confusion and Kyuhyun swore , it was the cutest sight ever. He scratched his nape. "I used to learn piano for 4 years but stopped. It was stressful." Hyukjae smiled and nodded. "I guess so." 

He looked up at the ceiling and smiled brighter. "But if your spirit to learn piano is high enough , you can continue until you finish the grades because I did." He looked at the other with an amused expression. "It's still not late if you want to continue playing piano." He continued and Kyuhyun found himself doubting. He really missed playing piano but would he be able to handle the stress?

In the end , he said that he'll think of it. "I better get going." Hyukjae said and was about to leave when Kyuhyun halted him. The smaller looked at him in confusion. "I'll go with you." He said in determination. "No no , it's okay. I troubled you by sleeping in your bed and ate your food so no need to walk me home. I'm okay."

The taller eyed him doubtfully. "You're still pale so I'm going with you." The smaller sighed , knowing it was useless because he himself still felt sick in his stomach. "Oh! So this is your apartment!" Hyukjae looked at him weirdly. "What? I tried to find your home with the address but didn't found it so in the end , I brought you to my house."

"Well , my other friends also said that my apartment was hard to find so it's not a surprise and thanks for letting me sleep at your house. I might have died if someone had let me be in the cold." The smaller said as he ushered the taller to enter his apartment. "OMG Hyukjae! I thought you had been kidnapped!" They heard a voice and in the next second , the said name was embraced by his friend.

"J-Jungsu hyung?" Hyukjae squeaked in surprise. "You weren't here when I come and I thought you were teaching one of your students but you didn't came home that night. I really thought you were kidnapped or something serious like that but now I'm glad that you're fine." He said in one breath and squeezed the other even tighter.

Kyuhyun frowned at the sight. Of course his other friend would be worried but does he just have to hug him by the waist?! He cleared his throat in order to gain some attention. "Ah? Who's this?" "This is Kyuhyun. He helped me when I collapsed." Jungsu's eyes widen. "You fainted?!" Hyukjae tried to calm the other. 

"I did but Kyuhyun took care of me so don't worry. From a sight where Hyukjae can't see , Jungsu glared at Kyuhyun. The smaller was forced to lay on his cushion while his friend cooked and the taller was just observing the piano. "You can play a piece you remember." The other said as he look at Kyuhyun. "How old were you?" "17." 

Kyuhyun did play a piece but just a simple one. "You know , if you continue your piano lesson now , you can be a pro at the age of 20 but of course it's still up to you." Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun thought for a while. Did he want to continue his piano lesson? What about the stress? But seeing someone fragile as Hyukjae can handle it , he decided to give it a try.

"Okay , I'll continue my piano lesson." Hyukjae smiled. "But the teacher would be you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay! Finally~ /sigh/ okay I seriously need to eat right now , my stomach has been aching and it limited my movements (it hurts /sobs/) I just wanted to write a FEW but how did it become over than 30 paragraphs?! Did you enjoy this chapter? ^^