Getting Close is Hard

Jar Of Hearts

Chapter 2: Getting Close is Hard

Your eyes widen in genuine shock. You take a napkin and start to brush the food off of him.

“I am so sorry! I didn’t mean to-“ Daehyun stops your hand, but says nothing. He looks at you and sighs. He says nothing and just heads to the restroom, Jun Hong following behind him. ‘What have I done…This will put the whole mission in jeopardy…’ You are struck by what you have just done. Ga Yul comes up behind you with a smile on her face.

“Wow...” she sighs. You shake it off and head to the office.

You walk in on your employer and the head laughing.

“Oh, Miss Han, you’ve come!” the head smiles at you. He motions you to sit down next to your employer.

“Your uncle and I were just talking about last night’s game,” the head smiles. You look at your employer, ‘Uncle, huh?’ you raise your eye brow at him and he raises his head cockily.

“Why did you guys want me here?” you ask.

“Oh, I called your uncle in to ask if it was okay to bring you along on the class trip. It’s  a reward for a few chosen ones who have a perfect record. I just wanted to make sure that you are okay since it is tomorrow…I believe…don’t quote me on that,” the head smiles. You look at your new found uncle and he gives you a slight nod. You look back at your head.

“I would love to go, Headmaster Kim! It’ll be a fun, new experience for me!” you smile and agree happily. Your “uncle” smiles a grim smile and nods at you, while the completely ignorant headmaster clasps your hand and twirls you round and round.

“Well, then I guess my job here is done,” your “uncle” says. Before leaving the room, he pulls you aside and whispers, "Bring your phone and keep me in contact." He walks out with his little goons trailing behind him. You smile at the headmaster and head to your next class.

You decided to go to your next class early so that you can have the teacher show you to your seat and avoid any more awkward and unnecessary chit chat with the teacher and students. She points to your seat and when you get there, the bell rings, commanding every student to get to their following classes. Your classroom is already filled, except for the empty desks on either sides of you, and there is no sign of BAP in sight. The late bell rings and the teacher start to collect last night’s homework. Two students suddenly barge in and hand their notes to the teacher. She makes a “fine, I’ll bite today” look and they sit on either sides of you. It’s Yongguk and Daehyun.

“Oh, it’s…um…Ga In! Right? Ga In?” Yongguk asks. You nod your head and smile at him all pretty-like. You then turn to Daehyun.

“Um, annyeonghasaeyeo, Daehyun-ssi. Han Ga In-imnida. I’m very sorry about the incident that happened today,” you “apologized” hoping you didn’t completely burn down that bridge. He just looked at you and said nothing. You were about to say something when he suddenly sighs heavily.

“Just, don’t do it again,” he says then gets up out of his seat and carries his paper and bag with him. He turns his paper in and leaves. Yongguk does the same. You tap the shoulder of the girl in front of you and asks her where they are going.

“Oh, they’re going to the field trip,” she said.

“Isn’t that tomorrow?” you ask.

“No. The bus leaves today at 8pm. They’re getting ready and getting work they’ll miss from their teachers,” she says. You sigh deeply and head towards the teacher to excuse yjourself to the head’s office. She pardons you.

Once you get to the head’s office, you tell him that you saw two of your classmates, who are going to the retreat, go early to pack and leave at 8 tonight.

“Oh dear!! Yes I remember now! Tomorrow is for the delinquents. We’re sending them to community service in Gyeongi-do. ANYWAYS! Yes! You must go now and pack then meet up here at 7:30pm. I would like to talk to you before your departure! Go!” he pushes you out of his office and you call your “uncle” to tell him the news. You have his goons take you to your apartment to pack.

“Just make sure that you don’t stray. The headmaster told me that the retreat is a good way for students who are new and don’t know many yet are able to collaborate with others. I want you to get as close as possible to those boys. If you don’t, I’ll-“

“You’ll have my head on a silver platter for your sick, sadistic son to practice his sniper on. I know the drill. I’m not an amateur. I’ve been doing this for 10 years now,” you point out then hang up on him unannounced. You sigh heavily. ‘I hate my life…but it’s the only one I have so I can’t blow this like I did Mrs. Granger’s ex-husband’s head…’ You guys reach your apartment and you go in and pack for your trip. You pack the usual clothes, underwear, shoes, hygienic necessities, and your gun, combat knife, and trusty brass knuckles. Perfect. You still have 2 and a half hours until you go back to school so you just decide to read the boys’ records.

2 hours later

You wake up to the sound of your door bell being rung. You look at your clock and see that it’s already 8:50 pm. You rush to get yourself ready when you hear your door bell again. You brush your hair as you go to the door to open it. You didn’t even bother with checking who it was. You look and there standing before you is BAP, Ga Yul, Jae Byeol, and Ha Nah (you met them during lunch).

“Headmaster Kim sent us here because you never came. We’re here to drive you there!” Jae Byeol smiles. She opens your door father to go inside.

“Do you live all by yourself?” Ga Yul asks as she enters your house. You nod your head then remember the files scattered around your house. You quickly go to your desk and ex out all tabs on all of your computers and shove their files under the table.

“Where are your bags?” Yongguk asks. You point to them next to you. Yongguk and Jong Up picks them up and takes them to the car. Ha Nah and Jae Byeol link their arm with yours and drag you out.

“You’re sitting down with us girls! Ga Yul’s driving,” Jae Byeol smiles at you.

“Oh wait my phone,” you quickly return before being stopped by Young Jae.

 

“No. No phones allowed. Only the dorm head can carry the phone that was given and our dorm head is Yongguk-hyung. So no phones,” he says. He pushes you toward the car for girls and you guys are quickly on your way.