Yakuza's Daughter

Jar Of Hearts

Chapter 5: Yakuza’s Daughter

 

Aftre your guys’ fun pool party, you guys go to your rooms and, of course sleep…That is, everyone, but Daehyun. He propped open his laptop and researched what a Yakuza’s Daughter is. He considered that maybe it was only a tattoo, but to have Yakuza on one’s body is dangerous.

He searched it and what came up were pictures of 2 dead women with the same tattoo as you. He searched into it and got nothing but assumptions of how they died. Since you guys go back to school tomorrow, he decides to just ask your guys’ teacher about the topic.

---The ride to school was calm because everyone mostly slept, but you were uneasy. You took out your phone and looked at the wi-fi website records from the resort and found all sorts of stuff: fanfiction websites, email, , and…a websearch on Yakuza’s Daughter tattoo. You look at the ISPN code and traced it back to a laptop that had Daehyun written all over it.

‘He’s smart, and I’m screwed…’ you sigh a deep sigh. Youngjae, who is sitting across from you, brings you back to earth by tapping your shoulder.

“Are you ok?” he asks. You smile and nod. You look back at the screen and decide that you are not screwed, but lucky. With this you will be able to get closer to Daehyun by talking with him about your tattoo. But you cannot go to him first. You must let him ask you, so you decide to show your tattoo off a bit more.---

At school, Daehyun goes to the teacher and asks him about the tattoo.

“Annyeonghasaeyeo,” Daehyun goes into the teacher’s lounge to talk to their foreign history teacher who, in your opinion, wasn’t really all that smart.

“Yes! Daehyun-ssi!” he smiles.

“Teacher, do you know anything about Yakuza’s Daughter?” Daehyun asks.

“Yakuza’s Daughter? I know some information. Why? Here, have a seat,” he offers a chair that he takes. You were about to go into the lounge to talk to the science teacher, but you see that Daehyun was there. You sneak a mic in a pile that you lay on an empty desk near their table.

“We, as a government, don’t know much about gangs because of the secretive lives they lead. But we found that the tattoo the woman gets on her spine is lethal. There have apparently  been over 50 women like this. They get their tattoos, and 2 months later, she gets hunted down and killed! But why are you interested?” the teacher asks. You smirk in hiding listening to his description.

‘There have only ever been 4, not including me, and Yakuza’s Daughters don’t get killed. They commit suicide from all the pressure the society gives them. But I’m not like those b!tches…’ you smirk.

“I was just curious because I was watching a drama and I saw it…” Daehyun thanks the teacher and heads out of the room.

“She’s going to die soon…?” he tries to put the pieces together, but there just aren’t enough pieces.

---P.E.---

At PE, you go to the swimming pool to start swimming (it’s okay because the school swimsuits are back-covered). You have swim with Zelo and Yongguk and you notice that their bracelets are still on. You approach them.

“Aren’t you guys going to take off your bracelets? What if it breaks and drops in the water?” you ask.

“Oh, we don’t ever take them off,” Zelo says as he grips his bracelet tight.

“How come?” you ask, eager to get them to take it off.

“It’s a promise we made to the girls,” Yongguk  smiles at his bracelet.

“Oh? Ooo~ What is it? Is it anything special?” you ask with a smile.

“Yea… It’s special and important,” you saw a smile on Yongguk’s face and realize that he must have something going on with one of the three girls. It can’t be Ga Yul, because she’s his cousin, but it could be Jae Byeol since they are always spending time with each other.

“Is it from Jae Byeol-ssi?” you ask, smiling.

“Um…Hehe.. Yea.”

“Well, you wouldn’t want to lose it when you go swimming, right? I would feel awfully bad for Jae Byeol-ssi…” you shrug. Yongguk thinks about it, then takes it off and goes back to his locker to put it away. Zelo, unfortunately, doesn’t take it off.

The class starts swimming, but 10 minutes in, you talk to your teacher about having cramps from being a lady. He dismisses you and you go to the locker room…For boys. You take out the USB without finger prints and sneak it in your bag. You go back and swim.

---After swim---

You get dressed and wait for Yongguk and Zelo to get out so that you guys could walk to class together, but it took longer than expected.

“Is something wrong?” you ask when they finally get out of the lockers.

“Yea. Someone stole my bracelet,” Yongguk says with a worried and angry loo on his face.

“Oh my goodness! I hope it’s not because I told you to put it away! I was just trying to look out for you!” you make a worried and apologetic face.

“Don’t worry Ga In-ssi, I’m sure it’s not your fault. And I know you were just trying to look out for me,” Yongguk smiles a worried smile at you. ‘Stupid…’ you thought. Daehyun all of a sudden comes and pulls you away.

"I need to talk to her for a bit. Come with me," after excusing himself and yourself from the group, he pulls you down inside the hall towards the stairs and slams you against the wall.

"D-Daehyun-ssi...what's wrong?" you are genuinely shocked by this and you show it on your face.

"What's your real name?" Daehyun asks sternly.

'WHAT?!'