Wavering Emotions

Jar Of Hearts

"I'm Han Ga In. I don't understand what's going on here," you take a deep breath and recollect yourself before answering him your lie.

"I don't think you're Korean. What does the tattoo on your back say?" Daehyun leans in closer.

You push him away aggressively and you straighten your jacket, "It was a temporary tattoo. It only meant 'whatever will be, will be'. Is that why you're treating me like this?" You go back out to the roof to take your things and leave to make a phone call. When you go back into the hallway, Daehyun grabs your wrist.

"If you really are who you say, them convince me. If not, leave us alone," Daehyun warns. You release yourself from his grasp and leave.

---BACK OF THE SCHOOL---

"Yazu, get me a tattoo cover makeup artist. Make it waterproof," you say to one of your henchmen.

"Hai! (yes)" he says. You go to the nurse and get your acting on.

"Unh...please. My stomach- uf uf- hurts so much..." you clench your teeth and your stomach. 

"Ok ok! Lie down here and let me check your temperature," the nurse lies you down and puts the thermometer in your ear. Prior to going in the office, you heat your ears up with a hand warmer and ear plugs.

"102! (farenheit)" the nurse's eyes pop out and she immediately looks through your records for a relative that can pick you up, and found your "uncle's" phone number. 

About 20 minutes later, your uncle comes and takes you out of school to the base they have in the same building as your apartment. The tattoo coverup artist is already there when you get up. The moment you get trhough the door, you take of your shirt and show her your tattoo.

"Cover this," you demand.

"Of course. This is going to be waterproof makeup, but it can be taken off using this oil solution," the artist hands you the oil, but Yazu takes it instead. After only about 10 minutes, the tattoo is completely covered up. 

"Why the sudden need for this, Yoon Hee?" your uncle asks.

"I was careless and one of the boys from BAP saw that I had a tattoo during our retreat. He started researching about it and had interrogated me today; asking about the Yakuza and my identity. I told him it was a temp-" SLAP. Before you could even finish your sentence, Uncle slaps you and you nearly fall to the floor. You stand back up and lock glares with him. 

"Don't [#^@%] up next time. Or I will kill you myself," he storms out of the room and down to his car. You put your shirt back on and were about to leave if it weren't for Yazu pulling you back.

"What?" you ask irritated.

"The makeup bled on your shirt," he says.  You take it off and see the makeup on the shirt. You look back at the artist who is as pale as dead. 

"I thought this was waterproof. I sweat a little bit on my back and it bleeds? Don't tell me that it can be taken off with sweat," you throw your shirt to her and grab her by her collar.

"I-I'm very sorry! I must have mistaken the sticks! Please forgive me!" she looks at you frightened. You push her back and tell her,"Do it again. Properly this time." She takes of the makeup already on your back and, with trembling hands, applies the waterproof one. She also takes off the makeup on your shirt and gives way to you. You go down to your apartment only to see Ga Yul, Jae Byul, and Ha Na waiting at your door.

"Guys! What are you guys doing here?" you ask, containing your irritance and showing some excitement. 

"We heard that you went home early because you were sick, so we wanted to visit. The boys'll be here soon," Ha Na looks at you concerned.

"And look! We got food!" Jae Byeol smiles as they hold up their lunch boxes.

"OH! You guys didn't have to come! Really. I just have a slight fever," you open your house.

"102 is not slight," Youngjae comes up behind Jae Byeol and smiles. You smile back, but your intentions are different from theirs. 'This could actually be a good thing.' You think to yourself. They go inside your house and you were about to close the door, but Daehyun stops it with his foot.

"Not gonna let me in?" he asks.

"No. Please go on in," you open the door again and he goes in. You take a deep breath and follow Daehyun in.

"How do you feel?" Ha Na asks as she and Jae Byeol ready the food that you guys are going to eat. 

"Better. You guys really didn't have to come you know," you smile at them.

"Nonesense! We are friends, and we don't let friends hurt by themselves. Now, LET'S EAT!!!" Ga Yul pats your shoulder. She motions you to sit next to Daehyun and gives you a bowl of jajangmyun and places a dumpling on top. You smile a genuine smile that you haven't shown in a very long time. It felt nice to have someone call you a friend and have your back when they need you. But you know not to fall for that and clear your head of everything but your mission once again. You grab your chopsticks and you were about to pick up your dumpling, but Daehyun steals it from your chopsticks and eats it.

"Oppa!!! That's for Ga In-ssi! Here Ga In-ssi, eat this one," Ha Na places another one on your bowl and you both glare at Daehyun. 

After eating, everyone took the liberty to look around your condo and examine how you lived.

"Your place is so clean, Ga In-ssi!" Ha Na goes into your bedroom and then your bathroom then your kitchen...basically everywhere. You just stay seated next to Daehyun, drinking your drinks.

"Daehyun-ssi, about what you said last time, what exactly were you talking about?" you ask.

"Why are you all of a sudden interested?" Daehyun lifts his eyebrow and looks at you from the side.

"I just wanted to know why you were so angry yesterday..." you look at him like you were actually concerned.

"That tattoo on your back. It says Yakuza's Daughter doesn't it?" Daehyun asks you seriously.

"No. At least I don't think so. I already told you yesterday. It was a temporary tattoo that I got before we went on the trip. The guy told me it said, "Whatever will be, will be'. Why?"

"I read Japanese and it read Yakuza's Daughter. I asked our history teacher about it and he said it was a practice that the Japanese do. They would tattoo that on the target woman's back and would kill them right after. I was just...a bit concerned, you could say," Daehyun explains. 

"Concerned about...me?" for some odd reason that you cannot explain, you automatically asked this. You didn't think about it and just asked it.

"Ani. For my friends. My real friends," Daehyun look you dead in the eye. His phone rings and he puts down his drink and goes outside to take the call.

"Guys, I'm going out for a second," Jae Byul follows Daehyun and closes the door behind her.

"Ohh~ are those two going at it again?" Ha Na smirks and nudges Ga Yul.

"Probably. I saw them go to school together yesterday and today," Zelo comes over next to Ha Na.

"What's going on?" you ask.

"Oh, so before, Daehyun and Jae Byul dated each other. They were never a real couple, just dating. They really like each other but the drifted away because Daehyun didn't feel like going steady with Jae Byul yet, but she was ready. Now, lately they've been getting together and looks like this time around, things are going to work their way," Youngjae explains. You nod and understand the situation quickly.

"Speaking of couples," Himchan goes over to you and puts his arm around you, "Will you go out with me?"

You look at him, surprised, "Excuse me?" He scoots you over on the couch so that he can sit next to you, all the while keeping his arm around you.

"I said, will you go out with me?" Himchan repeats.

"Are-are you being serious right now?" you ask in disbelief.

"Dead serious. Since you're not saying no, I'm going to take that as a yes and I will pick you up at 7 tomorrow night. Dress pretty. Thanks for having me over!" Himchan takes his coat and heads out of your house after a quick peck on your cheek. Everyone around you stare in utter amazement.

"He just asked you out...He never asks girls out. They usually go to him and ask him out..." Ga Yul eyes are wide as she approaches you.

"Really? Aww, I feel kinda special now," you smile. 

"We should go now. Oh and Ga In-ssi? Have fun!" Ha Na nudges you. They all leave and you see them out the door. Once you close the door, you clean up a glasses that they used while drinking juice. In the bathroom, you see a bracelet and take the oppurtunity and hide it with the other one you have already acquired from Zelo. Since it has Himchan's initials on it, you cross him off of your list.

-o0o-

Sorry I haven't updated in such a long time you guys! I was really busy with all the senior work and finals and projects etc. I hope you guys forgive me! I will do my best to update more often now and don't worry, I will finish this story!!! Please subscribe, comment, and keep reading! Luv you guys!