Grandfather

One-Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So…” you awkwardly stretched out your hand and rubbed the back of your neck, “Where do you want to go then?” Daehyun’s eyes bore a hole through your skull as he glared at you. “I. Don’t. Care” he spat through his mask. I still wonder why he’s always wearing that…

The others had already gone off on their separate ways, Himchan and Youngguk muttering something about some new movie that they wanted to watch while the youngest went to the newly opened arcade down the block from Zelo’s house.

“We’ll we have to go somewhere…” you tried to say though you didn’t want to really spend the day with someone who loathed your entire presence. Right then, Daehyun’s phone vibrated. He looked at the caller ID and picked up, an outline of an irritated scowl visible on his black mask. “What do you want now, Youngguk?” he sighed.

“Make sure to take proof of you two having some fun. If not, be ready to face consequences.”

Dammit, ing Youngguk. Daehyun thought to himself.

You heard the terse conversation between the two and snickered a little to yourself. Youngguk really wants us to become closer doesn’t he? With a hopeful heart, you looked at Daehyun again. Maybe he and I can become friends? I don’t know, his accent is really adorable and he has such a cute demeanor… if he maybe took off that mask… unconsciously, you had been reaching for Dae’s mask the whole time whilst thinking to yourself. He hadn’t noticed your hand either as he was still texting furiously with Youngguk. You had almost managed to reach his face when, suddenly, Daehyun jerked back. “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING? I TOLDD YOU NEVER. EVER. TOUCH THIS MASK.” His voice bellowed in the house and echoed off the walls.

Your eyes grew wide-startled-, full of fear and worry. Frozen, you sat in your seat with tears b your brown orbs, threatening to fall. “I-I-I… I didn’t mean to…. I just got lost in thought,” whispers came out of your trembling lips. He seemed to notice your distress and slightly softened. His demeanor grew less rigid as he tried to make up for his sudden outburst. “So don’t touch me. Got it?” he said, softer this time. Daehyun pushed you up the stairs, “Go, uh, get ready or something.” It was evident that he felt somewhat guilty for making you cry. I might not like her, and I may not want to spend the day with her; but I don’t want to make her cry for no reason. The others will probably give me about it later. He thought.

In your room, you decided to fix your face from all the crying that had happened earlier. Since you were going to be with someone else, you decided it would be okay to dress up a little more, especially because you were going out. Picking out a nice flowing dress, with a high cut in the front and a low cut in the back, you matched it with a pearl and pink daisy headband and some white wedges. Decorated around the waist of your dress was a small light-brown leather belt, woven to form a cute wrap that fit snugly around your body. It was lined with a thin layer of gold, adding to the “goddess-look” of the dress. The dress itself was a beautiful cream color with tiny embellishments all throughout it. Although it was a quite simple outfit, on you it became something amazing.

After applying simple makeup and adding a touch of color to your lips, you decided that it was ready to head out with Daehyun. Where to go though…

You walked down the stairs and felt a pair of eyes ogling at you. Turning your head, you saw that Daehyun had his eyes stuck on you. “Why are you dressed up so much to go out?” he asked, “Wear something more casual.”

“But, this is casual wear…”

He rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”

After a little arguing, the two of you decided to head out to a café to “get to know each other” and then would head back after an hour or so. To be honest, you were actually a little excited. It was decided that you’d go to one of your favorite cafes. Not to mention, you wanted to get to know the mysterious boy a little more, though you refused to admit it and knew that he pretty much hated you.

~~~

You walked in front of Daehyun, skipping here and there as well as humming to yourself. You were in a better mood than you had the previous day and it seemed as if nothing could ruin it. Following behind, Daehyun unwillingly strolled down the same path as you, not wanting to lose sight of you because of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter