So much blood

Work and Romance

     Realizing all of this is breaking you, even more than before. To think that you had only been annoying him all this time and you were even FLIRTING with him.      

You feel ashamed and take a step back from him.  As your mind is spinning with all these thoughts and you have to really  concentrate to stand on your own.      

He has a smile on his face. Like he feels really sorry for you. 'What a terrible and fake smile' you think.  You feel rage building up in you and it's almost to much.     

You can't take it any more and turn back to the stairs and make way over, you take only a few steps before he grabs your wrist. You stand there frozen half surprised and still a extremely upset.      

You turn your head to look a his hand over your shoulder frozen in time for a solid beat.  You yank your wrist from his grip once your surprise settles and anger rises.  You want to hate him but your heart had fallen for him already. You respected Halmeoni to well to go off on him or anything of the sort.      

You thought it would simply be better if you left. This house and THEIR family would be a lot better  the faster you could get out of their lives.  You ran to the steps to get away from him but fell down on your face, darkness observing your vision. 

 


 

Hoon's POV

     Ajumma went to make lunch a few minutes ago and left me and Ae-cha to our selves. She had been silent all day I couldn't wait to here her voice again. I had even started to like the sound of her voice.      

She is so cute, and the sunlight shinning in on her newly reddened hair and soft milky skin, made her seem absolutely stunning.  We sat and chatted about random things for a little while, then I noticed that I hadn't heard much about her family before she came to stay here. I wonder what they where like. So I ask her "So...what was your family like?".    

  She goes still again and I worry I've touched something sensitive. Her cute little face scrunched up an she looked sad and worried but very thoughtful.  The creases on her forehead made me want to reach out and smooth them down, but I'm not sure if that would be okay...if she would let me.     

  opened and closes like she wants to say something but can't form the words and a single tear falls down her face.  I slip down off of the counter and stand by her side wrapping my arms around her shoulders "hey now, don't cry.  It'll be okay, just tell me about it." What did I do? Did I remind her of something she didn't want to think about, was there something wrong?   

  Tears started flowing down her face faster ad faster and I nearly panicked. She looked so torn I couldn't stand it. I spun her around to face me so quickly that I thought afterward that she would have fallen over to the side if I hadn't caught her.       I hugged her tight and felt her legs go weak after being swung around, so I held her up like this.        

She smells good, really good; like a sweet soap and lavender.  Why is that the first thing I notice? What happened to her, her family? I really shouldn't have said anything. I feel bad now, I have broken her sweet little heart.   

  I rest my head on her head for a short second but I don't think she notices she is crying so hard. This is my fault I just can't think but to blame myself. This poor little broken angel, I just want to hold her like this right now but I wish so much that she wasn't crying like this.    

  I can't believe this, I hate that all this has happened to her and it makes me furious. I want to go out and find her horrible excuse for a ex-husband and kick his . I'm boiling with angry for a moment and when Ae-cha pulls back slightly I look down to her (not noticing that my face looks pissed still.)  

She cringes in I think pain and shock. I give her an apologetic little smile. I feel so bad for her, yet I want to hold her even still.     

  She starts to step back from me and my smile fades, she looks mad, upset and a bit hurt. Did I really upset her that much that she would be mad at me for asking that, I mean I didn't know...     

I guess I don't blame her though it had made her cry so much. So with that I put up another weak smile trying to will her back to me. Why don't I just say something...I am just about to but she turns to the stairs.  I reach out quickly to stop her from going on, grabbing her wrist. This made her freeze and and her back stiffened. I can't tell I have shocked her, but why isn't she talking to me? She stands still for just a second more then turns to look at my hand. 'what's wrong?' I want to ask put she pulls her hand away and ran for the stairs.   She gets about half way there before tripping over her own feet and landing on her sweet little face.      

I gasp in air and scream her name. She doesn't respond and my heart freezes. I run to her side and she is still face down. I turn it to the side to see the damage and almost break into tears my self.    

  "Ajumma!" I start screaming "Ajumma come quick help!". Ae-cha was undoubtably unconscious and her little nose had swollen already twice it natural size and blood flowed from her puffed lips and broken nose; she was already turning light purple.   Oh God what am I going to do?!