Shopping with Min-hae

Work and Romance

The shop is already closed up and you can see a dim light coming from upstairs that tells you Halmeoni is probably in the living room upstairs.  You close and lock the door back behind you clasping your hand over your lips.  Had that really just happened? Why did I push him away? That was so amazing..   You let these thoughts linger through your mind as you make your way upstairs to your bedroom.  Sitting on the bed you remember the snow globe that Eli had given you. It was beautiful but you knew that Hoon was the clear choice after what had happened.  You change your clothes into some soft cotton pajamas and curl up into your bed letting those perfect few moments replay in your mind.  How could a man be so perfect? And know exactly what to do and say?

 

The next morning you wake up to the sun outside your window. You look over to your clock and see its 8:23.  Still a fairly early morning start you thought even though Halmeoni has opened the store bellow. Sitting up in bed and stretching slightly, you decide today is a good day to try and hang out with Min-hae, and maybe you could use that trick with the card numbers, buy a new wardrobe today.  The more you thought it over the better the idea seemed to become in your mind, so you threw yourself out of bed and but on a decent outfit to hit the town with. 

 

Heading downstairs you grab the slip of paper with Min-hae’s number on it so you can call her from Hlameoni’s phone downstairs.

 

“Halmeoni.” You call about half way down the stairs.

 

“Yes dear child? You’re finally up?” She responded

 

“Neh,”

 

She laughed and turned her face to you as you finally got down the stairs “What plans do we have for today?” She asked noting your choice in clothing.

 

Okay so yeah, you felt bad because all this time here you haven’t really stayed to help around the shop much, but you had revenge to seek today.  “I’m about to call Min-hae, see if she wants to do anything today.” You explained

 

“You cant take old Hlameoni with you?” she teased

 

“Of course I could but then who would stay here and tend the shop?” You pointed out to her.

 

She nodded “I know child, I know.” She waved you away in the direction of the phone on the other side of the wall where you then placed your call

 

“Yabosayo?” The voice on the other side of the line answered.

 

“Minhae! It’s Aecha.  What’s going on?”

 

“Aecha? Oh girl you will not believe what happened last night with Eli! He was hitting on me sooo hard, but girl he is so cute!”

 

You laughed “I know, and I would believe it too.”

 

“So what are you up to?”

 

“I was actually calling to see if you wanted to hang out today, have a girls night out like we did back in high school.” You said     

 

“Oh, okay, well I don’t have work today so what do you feel like doing?”

 

“I was hopping we could go shopping and then grab some lunch after a while, Does that sound cool?”

 

“If by shopping you mean window shopping, I thought you were broke? I know I am, I could hardly afford rent this month.”

 

“Don’t worry about it. I can buy you anything you like.”

 

“Wha- girl did you rob a bank? Where are you getting money from.”

 

You explained the new system that many stores had adopted for credit card users and how you still had your card number memorized.

 

“Oh, dang girl.  I didn’t know you had that in you.  But ill help however I can, and by that I mean momma needs some new boots!” She sounded excited.

 

“Okay well I’ll meet you downtown at that old boutique that we used to like in say, thirty minutes?”

 

“Okay, see you then.” She hung up.

 

You ran back upstairs and grabbed Eli’s number, The first thing you would get is a phone, then you could get Hoon’s number from Eli!  You were really starting to love the way that you thought.  After applying a light bb cream of Halmeoni’s you went back downstairs.  “Bye Halmeoni” you called as you rushed out the door to meet Minhae.

 

When you finally got downtown to the boutique you spotted her standing at the entrance, obviously having walked.  You smiled and greeted her then entered the store.  You saw dress after dress and outfits and more outfits so adorable, you had to buy them all.  And you even bought a few outfits for Minhae.

 

After about an hour in the boutique, and spending about 200 dollars, you told Minhae you wanted to go get a phone, some make-up, and a good camera.

 

She just laughed and nodded, walking you over to a good shop nearby that sold her favorite bb cream.  You tried it on and you fairly likes the way it looked so you decided to get it, some eyeliner, and some mascara, blush and light bronzer.

 

After makeup was the technology store.  You and Minhae spent hours picking out the most expensive and best quality camera they had, then you picked out the most up to date phone with the best, most expensive, plan you could get, and an adorable case for it. Overall spending well over 500 dollars. 

 

You stopped and thought, 700 dollars wasn’t that big of a nick out of his paycheck to be honest, so then came lunch.  You took Minhae out to the best place in town.

 

“What do you want to get from this place?”  You asked her

 

“I don’t know I’ve never been here before”

 

So you both sat down with a copy of the menu and compared prices of each item.  The most expensive was escargot, and neither one of you wanted any of that so you got the next best thing.

 

“I can’t believe we’re getting away with this! It  feels like stealing” Minhae wore the biggest smile and was jittering ever so slightly.

 

“It’s not stealing technically I should get half of his money, so it is technically mine.” You told her matter-of-factly.

 

“Oh,” she said calming down “Well thanks for taking the fun out of that factor.”

 

You laughed “I’m just glad he hasn’t thought to take my name off the credit cards yet.”

 

“That was very fortunate for us.”

 

You laughed together and your food arrived shortly after.

 

“Oh my God this smells so good.” Minhae said

 

You took a bite “Omo, taste it!”

 

She did and her eyes went wide.  “This was the best idea you have ever had.”

 

You finished your meal and flushed another 300 dollars down the drain.  This was proving to be a good day, maybe It would be a good day to visit uncle Xander.

 

“Hey I want to run by some place to see my uncle, is that okay with you?”

 

“I don’t mind where we headed?”

 

“My uncle’s bakery downtown.”