CHAPTER 7

Hello, Daddy!

Chapter 7.....anyone? :)

Warning: Not proofread


CHAPTER 7

“So,” Hyukjae adjusted so that his back was comfortably supported on the headrest. He curiously turned to the three-year old. Jihyukkie is still wrapped around his waist securely, a big silly grin on his youthful face as he looked up to his beloved Daddy.

“Tell me about it,” the elder says as his arm unconsciously moved to wrap it around Jihyukkie’s small frame.

After his injury got treated by cold packs and Jihyukkie’s sloppy kisses, that is. Donghae timidly asked if he could use the kitchen and prepare them food. Hyukjae just mind-absently nodded, because Jihyukkie had managed to straddle him to the bed, animatedly exclaiming that he shall tell his Daddy the kind of life they had in Mokpo.

Jihyukkie hummed and taps his little index finger on his cheek as if thinking really hard where to start. And Hyukjae laughed at the kid’s adorable face.

“How about you tell me about your house in Mokpo first?” he suggested.

Jihyukkie’s big brown eyes sparkled. A burst of energy coming out of the three year old, “Uncle Beauty have house is like this~~~~!” Jihyukkie happily says as he spreads his little arms so wide, demonstrating the size of the house he was describing.

Hyukjae thoughtfully nodded, amused. “Who is Uncle Beauty?” he asks the three year old.

Jihyukkie grinned, “Uncle Beauty is cousin of Mommy! Uncle Beauty always talk very loud and dance to SNSD!”

“SNSD?” Hyukjae muttered dumbly. Now, why does that sound awfully familiar?

“Daddy do not know SNSD? They are many noona dancing like this~!!” Jihyukkie sits on both knees, wildly flailing his limbs as if he’s shooting arrows. And Hyukjae has to laugh and snort at the same time because oh gosh, that’s why it sounded so familiar! He tells himself, cringing as traumatic images of a dancing Sungmin on a cowgirl outfit came popping on his mind.

Jihyukkie grins, big brown eyes happily watching as his Daddy breaks into a gummy smile. His Daddy looks like a monkey! A very handsome monkey!

“Alright, alright…tell me something else.” Hyukjae tells the child when he finally recovered from his laughing fit. He was not even aware that he just had his longest laugh for like what? Three years? There’s no explanation about it. Jihyukkie have this certain effect on Hyukjae. Poor guy, need a little knock on the head to realize it.

Jihyukkie is more than happy to have a bonding time with his Daddy. This is what he’s been longing for a very long time.

He cheerfully told the elder of the beautiful beaches in Mokpo and how he was always brought there by his Mommy to swim, about how he felt so jealous over his friends who have their own Daddies that would piggy-back and teach them how to ride a bike—“But Jihyukkie not jealous anymore because Daddy is here.” The three year old shyly mumbles with chubby cheeks glowing as he snuggled close to his Daddy’s side.

Hyukjae felt something in his chest constrict, “Hey Jihyukkie,” he drawls, “You’ve only seen me in a picture right?” He felt the child nods quietly.

“How are you...” With gaze wandering and far, eyes falling on the curtain that is softly being blown by the wind Hyukjae swallowed and tries again, “How are you…”

Uncertainty…Hesitation…A bite on the thumb

“…so sure that it’s me?”

He finally tore his gaze from the window.

And as he looked down, he was met by Jihyukkie’s pair of bright, soulful eyes. The three years old wears a genuine smile on his plump lips.

“Of-course Jihyukkie is sure!” Jihyukkie says proudly, bringing up his small hand, the three years old gingerly placed it on top of Hyukjae’s chest.

“Jihyukkie felt it in here, Daddy.”

---

Donghae sensed the weird aura radiating off Hyukjae but having the lack of confidence he decided against asking about it.

He turns to his son and felt grateful that Jihyukkie behaved this time, sitting on the stool next to his Daddy but messily munching on his boiled potato.

They continue to eat their awkward lunch (mostly on the both elder’s part) when….

“OH WHERE ARE THOU MY LOVELY BRO, THY BROTHER IS HERE!!!”

Hyukjae almost fell out of his chair. Seriously, can’t his brother get any weirder?

He steps out from the kitchen, with Jihyukkie and Donghae cautiously trailing behind.

“Sungmin-hyung hyung could you please—“

“BUNNY AHJUSSHI!” Jihyukkie happily shouted, quickly wriggling out of his Mommy’s grasp and running towards the unexpected visitor that was none other than Lee Sungmin.

“OH MY! It’s you little angel!” Sungmin exaggeratingly says, like he’s in a musical or something, scooping the fluffy frame and gathering it by his arms. Jihyukkie giggles and pressed his chubby cheeks against Sungmin’s fat ones for a hug.

Hyukjae stayed rooted there, eyes wide and mouth hanging because okay, what the hell is going on here?!

A zombie looking Kyuhyun steps on out of the doorway, “Sungminnie here wasn’t too happy when he learned about your call last night.” The lethargic boyfriend muttered.  Just passing through everyone without a care and plopping his big fat on the couch.

They all sat on the living room minutes later, with a fuming monkey in the name of Lee Hyukjae, a nervous fidgeting Donghae, a clueless Jihyukkie and a smug looking Sungmin.

“You little piece of—“

“Nah-uh~” Sungmin cuts him, wagging his manicured nails at his fuming brother. “No cursing with a minor in this house, mister.”

Hyukjae huffs indignantly. Whatever, he rolls his eyes. He has all the right to be mad. His brother just told him about the incident in Mokpo, how the cake he ate that Valentine’s was actually bought by Donghae, how his brother had persuaded his ex to return to Seoul and even gave his address.

Shissus! Hyukjae seriously think he’s going to have a headache.

There was a pregnant silence before the bunny turns to his lazy boyfriend, “Yah, Cho Kyuhyun. Play with Jihyukkie.”

“But Ming! I don’t do well with kids!” Kyuhyun tries to protest but immediately cowers in fright when he sees his bunny cracking his knuckles not so merrily. The terrified boyfriend fled with a confused Jihyukkie on his shoulders within seconds.

“Now people,” Sungmin dramatically flips his hair and looks at the two remaining people in the living room. “Time for real talk.”

“I can’t believe you’re the mastermind behind all of this!” Hyukjae bellowed, not amused at all.

Sungmin rolls his eyes, “I can’t believe you’re an idiot.”

“Me? Me? Excuse me! I’m not the one who went and talked with my ex and told him I could pretend to be the father of his son?!”

“Excuse you, I only—what?” Sungmin looked dumbfounded for a second. He stared at the brunette who has yet to say a single word, gaze confused and questioning as he completely ignored the rambles from his idiotic brother. Donghae’s mouth remained shut, eyes desperate and pleading. Sungmin sighed.

“Alright, alright, I’m sorry okay? I’m terrible and all.” He waves Hyukjae off, “But in the end you still got the final decision and what you did was to accept.”

Hyukjae shut his mouth at this, not having any argument to retort. He scowls instead.

“Now be a responsible citizen of this country and deal with it.”

“But I can’t do it forever!” Hyukjae grits his teeth, “Eventually, Jihyuk has to know that I’m not his real father. We have to tell him somehow!”

 “That,” Sungmin secretly glanced at Donghae, “We’ll talk about that later on. But for now dearest brother, stop being childish and do your role diligently.” Sungmin shows his pearly white teeth, “Okie dokie? And—oh!” the bunny gasps, “I suggest you start now by finding those two, Kyukyu is really bad with kids you know.” He pouts sweetly.

“Whatever.” Hyukjae hissed, stomping out of the living room to find Kyuhyun and Jihyuk, nonetheless.

It was when he was sure that his brother was completely out of sight that Sungmin finally drop his act.

Donghae,” he demanded, “What is this ‘pretend to be Jihyukkie’s father’ thing all about?”

Donghae averts his eyes, body language scared and fingers fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

Sungmin sighed, “You should’ve just told him that Jihyukkie is his real son.”

“I—I’m scared Sungmin-hyung.” Donghae explained, “If I tell him the truth, then I also needed to tell him about Jihyukkie’s mother…and then I would have to tell him the reason why I left, too. I don’t want him to be upset hyung. I don’t want to be a reason for trouble anymore.”

Sungmin’s face softened, “Donghae listen to me,” he holds the brunette’s hands. “Whatever that old man said to you three years ago, forget about them. Hyukjae loved you so much. You know that right? You’re never a failure for him. He never thought of you that way.”

Donghae sobs, “I—I don’t know S-Sungmin-hyung. I—if I never left, would he still pursue his career? Look at what he is now. He has food to feed his stomach, a stable job. I’m just a poor boy who was disowned by his parents for liking men, an ungrateful friend who stole his best-friend’s boyfriend. I don’t deserve him h-hyung I….I’m just g-going to destroy his life...”

“Hey there,” Sungmin cups the brunette’s face and wipes the tears away, “Love isn’t about who is who or what is what…it’s all about fighting for what you feel and simply...being happy. My brother was happy with you Donghae. I saw it with my own two eyes. When you disappeared, Hyukjae changed. And he isn’t happy Donghae…these past three years…he isn’t happy without you.”

Donghae remained silent.

Sungmin brought out a piece of paper and inserted it on Donghae’s palms. “Donghae, I’m doing this because I care for the both of you. I can see it in your eyes, you're not happy too.”

Donghae opens the paper, not understanding what the written date, place and time means.

 “Bring back my brother Donghae…” Sungmin smiled—a hopeful one.

 

Make Hyukjae happy again.”

 


A/N:

Hooray for Sungmin and this fast update!!!! :D

You remember the date he was fretting about right? right?

Anyways, a big thank you for upvoting, subscribing, and commenting to this piece of although the author is crappy and often break her promises.

See you in the next chapter!!!

 

 GRACIAS!! <3