CHAPTER 4

Hello, Daddy!

Okay so before you kill me for not updating for so long, here's an update first xDD

Maybe if you liked it you might forgive me? 

Not proofread, sorry >.<


CHAPTER 4

 

To say that Hyukjae is utterly confused and shock would be, well, could possibly be the understatement of history.

Okay, not really.

But hey, how are you supposed to react when your ex-lover just suddenly appeared on your front door one 3AM in the morning and then there’s this freaky little kid who suddenly jumps at you and happily proclaims that you’re his beloved Daddy?

Hyukjae stood there dumbfounded, gaping at the little boy like a fish.

The real fish Donghae widens his eyes at what his three year-old is doing. “Jihyuk!” he exclaims, immediately crouching next to his son in desperate attempt to untangle the pair of small arms away from the legs of a completely terrified Hyukjae.

With little JiHyukkie whining and flailing on his arms wildly, Donghae slowly looks up while mentally praying that Hyukjae’s not that traumatized yet. “Sorry, he really gets hyper when excited.” He explains, chuckling nervously. But Hyukjae only stared at him like he’s some kind of a ghost.

Donghae heaves a deep, shaky sigh,

“Hyukjae, can we talk?”

---

The first thing that Hyukjae did, because in all honesty he couldn’t think of anything, is call his brother.

While it’s true that Sungmin is a y princess, the pink bunny is definitely better in handling this kinds of uhm let’s just say, ridiculous situations than Hyukjae himself.

But before he could properly form a coherent word for greeting, a not-so-happy Kyuhyun was already barking on the other line, swearing tons of profanities and sweet nothings. Hyukjae decided it would be best to leave the sleep-deprived idiot alone, seeing that the stupid man won’t obviously let him talk to the bunny at any possible cost.

Hyukjae places the receiver down with a heavy groan. Closing his eyes and slowly opening them willing his self to relax.

It’s not working.

.

From the corner of his eyes he sees his ex-boyfriend visibly flinch and looks away. He awkwardly averts his eyes away and it landed on another set of orbs. The thing is bashfully staring back at Hyukjae with his wide, bright eyes practically shimmering in glee and it made Hyukjae’s entire body trembling and weak.

 Hyukjae coughs, “Erm…I’ll get something in the kitchen first.”

He splutter, half running towards the kitchen area before he could even get a response from the brunette.

Idiot! Hyukjae grimaces as he clutch on the edge of the kitchen counter so hard his knuckles grows white.

This is a terrible nightmare, Hyukjae mutters shaking his head as he ran a handful on his hair. This is insane. He refuses to believe about the things that Lee Donghae told him a while ago.

“I know it must be a surprise on your side to see me again. I know I brought you so much misery in the past, and please believe me that I never intend to break that promise I made when I told you I’d never show myself before you ever again. It’s so pathetic and foolish for me to be doing this but Hyukjae; I desperately need your help.”

Tapping his foot against the marbled floor with a hand clasped on his waist while the thumb of the other hand is currently getting nibbled in between his lips, Hyukjae tries to think of comprehensible reasons why Lee Donghae would need his help. It’s a crazy and pointless request. Why would he do it? They’re relationship ended so many years ago. He’s got nothing to do with all this anymore.

 

My wife died three years ago on an accident after shortly giving birth to our son. I—you know I’m gay Hyukjae, and I’m not attracted to girls. But then I met this girl after we broke up, she’s utterly devastated to learn that the man she loves cannot reciprocate her feelings. She’s left broken a-and…pregnant. I tried my best to console her, but she has been depressed to the point where she attempted to take her own life away. I can’t think of any means to help her so I, I don’t know why I did it, but since I still feel guilty for having to leave you knowing that I couldn’t turn back all of the things that I’ve said when I left you I decided…to be responsible once in my life .I told her I’m willing to be the father of her baby.”

 

He gritted his teeth. Just tell him it’s none of your business anymore, just tell him to go away and find some other person to do the favour for him Hyukjae. You don’t give a flying , remember? The devil in his mind tells him.

 

“She died on a car crash, the same day she asked me to sign some papers…she wanted divorce. I still don’t know why she’d do that but—after her funeral I had nowhere else to go. I decided to return to Mokpo to start a new life. Jihyuk, our son, I raised him up together with my cousin. But as Jihyuk grew up he starts asking me for his father. It pained me, to know he doesn’t think of me as worthy of being a father figure for him. He never called me appa. He always addressed me as his Mommy. The things could’ve been okay, but then I would always see him staring at those kids together with their father with saddened eyes. And then that day, he saw your picture Hyukjae. He started thinking of you as his father.”

 

It doesn’t make sense. Donghae could’ve told the kid that no, the man on the picture isn’t his father and then spare the trouble of actually seeing each other again.

 

“I know it’s too much to ask, but for the sake of a child who longs for a man whom he’s been wanting to meet for all this time. Can you set aside what happened between us in the past for a while…just to—grant me this request, please…Hyukkie?”

 

Hyukjae gave himself one last sigh. He grabs a mug, filled it with coffee alongside his favourite pink sweet liquid filled carton. He stares at the wooden tray on his hand; the closest thing to the request you’ve been asking…the closest thing…that I could give….Hyukjae ran his thumb across the outline of the last pink carton on his stash.

 

 I’m sorry Donghae.

 I can’t.

 

He carefully took strides outside the kitchen and silently wished for the heavens to give him strength to face this whole ordeal.

Hyukjae halts on his way though, frozen on his feet as he witness upon the scene that unfolds before his very own eyes.

---

 

Little Jihyuk can’t help but bounce on top of his Mommy’s lap, whining to be released.

So he can attack show his love to his Daddy, hehe >:D The three year-old cheers internally. He is very happy! He finally sees his Daddy for real. Little Jihyuk smiles to himself as he imagines all the fun things they could do together. He’s been waiting for this so bad. Now the poky feeling inside his chest whenever he would watch his playmates together with their own Daddies will finally go away.

JiHyukkie pouts, giving his Mommy his very cute puppy eyes, wanting to gain the attention of his Mommy because the elder is obviously not listening to him.

JiHyukkie want to cuddle with Daddy!” the three-year old demands, pouting even deeper.

 “JiHyukkie, behave.” Donghae anxiously whispers to his three-year old, waiting for Hyukjae to be back from the kitchen. It’s been taking him a lot of time. Donghae worries for Hyukjae as Jihyuk keeps complaining and squirming. He asks himself if it’s the right decision to make.

 It’s a gamble on Donghae’s part. There’s almost zero chance that Hyukjae would help him. Albeit the consequences, he took the risk, now the only thing he could do is wait. Wait not for Hyukjae’s answer, but something to change Hyukjae’s mind.

Donghae’s grip on his son tightens, the tension in the air slowly suffocating him.

“Mommy?”

Donghae was startled, he stares at his son, “No.” he slowly shakes his head. It’s not for the demand; it’s for some other things he doesn’t have the courage to say. He scoops the dejected little boy’s frame and turns it towards him. He hugs Jihyuk tightly.

“I’m sorry baby,” he whispers on his son’s ears. Mommy broke his promise.

JiHyukkie feels something wet drops on his left cheek. The three year old bites his thumb and begins trembling. “I-is it because of JiHyukkie?”

Donghae quickly wipes the tears with the back of his hand. He gently held Jihyuk’s trembling shoulders. “Sweetie…”he calls out, his voice breaking in the end, laced with worry and concern. “What are you—“

 Little JiHyukkie slowly lifts his head; his brown pupils glazed with unshed tears “If *hicks* JiHyukkie did not tell Mommy he want *hicks* to see Daddy….if JiHyukkie only listen when Mommy *hicks* tell JiHyukkie I cannot see Daddy *hicks* Mommy will not cry. I am sorry Mommy…but, but JiHyukkie really *hicks* really want to see Daddy *hicks* I just want see him not only *hicks* in picture I want to see him for real *hicks* JiHyukkie just want to kiss and *hicks* hug him for real tell him how I love him even if JiHyukkie never see him *hicks*” Jihyuk sobs, burying his face on Donghae’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry Mommy…” Donghae hushes his three year old, wrapping the little frame around his arms firmly as he tries to desperately calm the poor child.

Warm hands are touching from the side. Donghae looks up, his eyes widening as a pair of muscular arms pull JiHyuk’s fragile frame away from him.

 

“Shh, my little JiHyukkie’s crying? Come on baby, cheer up. Daddy Hyukjae is here.”


 

 

A/N: HEEEEEEEEY~  yup, I'm back^^ Sorry to keep you guys waiting~

 

Woah, i really thought Hyukjae would throw poor Jihyukkie and Donghae out.

so this chapter basically gives you a glimpse of the past. It's important to remember the details because err, Donghae might have been telling some kind of a twisted truth in there~ LOL I didn't say that this fic is an mpreg, didn't i? *wiggles sshibrows* whatever....

Anyways, the chapter is kinda angsty for me idk...it's suppose to be fluffy but i ended up writing the whole thing this way >.<

I've been having this writer's block before I could even went for vacation, i'm just so happy i finally manage to write this *sobs*

And before i go, please comment!! Okie dokie? :DD Your thoughts give me confidence and inspiration <3

 

I izz goodbye to watch EunHae~ BYEEE~!!