CHAPTER 3

Hello, Daddy!

A/N: Yow! Chapter 3~ for real xDD (Not-proof read/ rush)


CHAPTER 3

“Call me when you get there! Do you understand?” Heechul sternly reminded his dongsaeng. “Do not trust any suspicious stranger; remember to hold Jihyuk all the time. You better be alert all the times okay? It’s very dangerous to travel at night when you have a kid with you.”

Donghae remains silent, staring thoughtfully at his hyung. They stood at the train station waiting for the train that would bring them to Seoul to arrive any minutes now.

“Damn that ticket lady, I demanded her to get me two afternoon tickets not of the last train schedule! I swear I’m going to kill her the next time I see her! Yah, Lee Donghae!" The elder narrowed his eyes.

"Are you not listening to me I told you—”Donghae hasn’t let his hyung finish his sentence when he took a step forward, reaching for the elder and enveloping his hyung on a warm embrace.

“Aish jinjja,” Heechul stops rambling as he sighs, wrapping his slender arms around the frame of his favourite dongsaeng.

“Thank you for all these years hyung, I…JiHyukkie…we …” Donghae sniffs against the elder’s shoulder, trying to convey his heartfelt gratitude towards the man that willingly took him and his son with open arms during the times when they’ve got nowhere to go.

“Shh, you’re such a cry-baby.” Heechul shush the weeping Donghae. He too, even though he wouldn’t show it, feels sad.

“Yah,” He scolded, “Stop crying already, you’re messing my favourite shirt!” although he can’t help but smile fondly at his favourite dongsaeng. Donghae embarrassingly nodded his head and cutely wipes the tears away on his cheeks.

“Uncle Beauty…” Heechul feels something clung on his legs. Little JiHyukkie has his head bowed down but Heechul could definitely tell the kid has been trying to prevent himself from wailing out loud in the way he desperately bites his plump, quivering lips.

Heechul squats down so he can be within the level of JiHyukkie then he clips his thumb and index finger on the kid’s chin so he could look at him in the eyes.

“Hey,” he calls out.

JiHyukkie sniffles and looks at his uncle beauty with large, glassy eyes. Heechul felt his heart swell.

“JiHyukkie, you must always listen to your Mommy, okay? Uncle Beauty promise to visit JiHyukkie and his Mommy when he gets the chance. In the meantime Uncle Beauty cannot protect JiHyukkie and his mommy from bad people, will JiHyukkie promise to protect his mommy for Uncle Beauty?”

Jihyuk nodded his head vigorously. He brought his tiny right hand up, “JiHyukkie promise.”

“Good boy,” Heechul smiles contently and ruffles JiHyukkie’s head, “now give me a bobo.” He opens his arms and JiHyukkie is more than willing to throw himself onto his favourite uncle, his petite arms immediately circling on the elder’s neck before he gives Heechul a sloppy kiss.

Donghae watches through the side, smiling with tears in his eyes. Heechul sees this and stands up, bringing little JiHyukkie up with him. He motions for Donghae to come closer. Donghae did, knowing what exactly Heechul wants. Heechul wraps his free arm on his precious dongsaeng as Donghae buries his head on JiHyukkie’s back and draped his arms on Heechul’s shoulders.

They hug each other like this until the hoot signalling the arrival of the train interrupted them. Heechul was the first one to react, telling the two boys to hurry up.

“Don’t forget to call.” Heechul mouthed for the last time when to his dongsaeng is about ready to board on the awaiting train. Donghae, still a little teary, keenly nodded while he took their baggage and his son’s hand on the other hand.

JiHyukkie waved at his uncle beauty sadly.

Heechul sighs and put up an encouraging smile towards the three year old, waving back in the process.

The door closed and the train started moving, leaving Heechul and the good old town of Mokpo behind. Donghae and his son had settled themselves on their respective seats with heavy hearts.

Is this really worth it? Donghae started doubting himself. It was a bold decision to come back with all the things that had happened in the past.

Back then, three years and a month ago, with an infant sleeping peacefully on his arms, he swore he would never come back. He is leaving Seoul for good. He would raise Jihyuk all by himself and they would start a happy life in Mokpo, Donghae’s place of birth. He found a new home through his distant cousin Heechul, who willingly accepts them.

But as the years pass, Donghae realized there is no way he can run away from the past.

Jihyuk turns two at that time and began asking him where his father is. It pains Donghae whenever he sees the longing on Jihyuk’s eyes whenever he would stare at those children together with both of their parents.

He has tried to explain that he is also a man, technically and properly, he should be addressed as a father but the kid has never called him Daddy. “MNOOO! Mommy is pretty, cannot be Daddy!” Jihyuk always insist.

And then it happened that one morning, when Donghae was busy rummaging through his old college books and something fell in between the pages.  Little Jihyuk is there to pick the fallen object for him.

The kid scrunched his nose and stared at the picture with large, sparkling eyes, “Daddy?”

Donghae snapped his head to his son. His mouth fell dry and he felt like his heart dropped to his stomach when he saw Jihyuk beams at him, immediately showing the picture of Hyukjae in his tiny hands.

Donghae realized it’s not actually the main problem that Jihyuk found Hyukjae’s picture. The real problem was when he accidentally met Sungmin.

Donghae was supposed to buy a cake for Valentine’s. It’s been a ritual for him that started way back ever since he and Hyukjae got together on their second year in college. He’s not even sure why he still does it, in all honesty. Jihyuk was with his uncle Heechul, looking through the pet store situated beside the shop.

“Y-you.” He hears someone suddenly said behind him and when he turned, he got the greatest shock of his life. Sungmin, the older brother of Hyukjae, was there glaring at him and as equally shock.

Learning what happened to Hyukjae after they broke up made Donghae extremely bothered and guilty. It wasn’t even Hyukjae’s fault to begin with. Although he deeply feels sorry for what happened, he couldn’t tell Sungmin his true reason for leaving Hyukjae, because that would mean he would have to break Hyukjae’s heart once again.

Fate has a different perspective though, because the moment Jihyuk ran up to him. Donghae knew there’s no way he could continue running, he’s finally caught on a dead end.

“Mommy?”

Donghae awoke from his reverie when he felt a small hand over his tense, fisted ones. He glanced towards his son and realized Jihyuk giving worried looks beside him while he restlessly chews on his right thumb, a mannerism.

Donghae shook his head, “I’m fine,” he assures his three year old before bringing up the tiny hand on his lips to kiss it.

“JiHyukkie want cuddle.” The kid announced, jumping from his seat and climbing up Donghae’s lap. Donghae smiles at his son and wrapped his arms around the small frame, kissing Jihyuk’s forehead tenderly. Jihyuk buried his face on his mommy’s chest.

Donghae watches through the glass window as the sun begins to set, rays of yellow and red fills the sky,

Who cares if it’s worth it or not, you can’t run away forever, right?

---

Hyukjae bites his thumb, a mannerism he has whenever he can’t decide on something. He paced back and forth the living room of his apartment. Choco watches him from the side, following her master’s movement with her head.

“Aish so frustrating!” Hyukjae groaned tiredly, he finally slumps his entire body on the sofa. Choco barks, strolling towards her master and sniffling on Hyukjae’s ankles.

Hyukjae peeks below and sighs, he scoop the brown ball of fur by her arms, bringing her in front of his face. “Sungmin wanted me to go on the blind date.” Hyukjae tells his dog with a straight face. Choco let out many unrecognizable noises and squirms, attempting to paw his face. Hyukjae brought the brown Pomeranian on his lap.

“Worse is I actually said yes.” He dramatically admitted, pulling his hair out of frustration. “I’m so stupid” he moans, in which Choco barks once again, clearly agreeing with her master.

I hate this day, I swear.  Hyukjae thought miserably. He’s actually been saying this same sentence for almost every-day now, nothing’s new.

He drops his dog down and headed to the bedroom, realizing that sleep is what he needed to fix his mind. He grimaced on the piece of paper on the side table, deciding that he doesn’t feel like staring at it, he put it in the drawer lazily.

 He flops himself comfortably on the bed not even caring to change into pyjama or even wash, gross.

Hugging his favourite Chopper pillow close to his chest,

He was knocked-out to sleep in no time.

.

.

.

Hyukjae wanted to kill someone right now. Like, seriously. What person in their right mind would ring someone at 3AM!

 He just hopes that whoever‘s decided to his precious doorbell in an ungodly time of the night isn’t a drunken Kyuhyun—or worse—a drunken, mopping Kyuhyun kicked out by a PMS-ing Sungmin.

So he forced himself away from his favourite Chopper pillow and dragged his unwilling feet out of bed and into the living room, more than ready to yell at the stupid person who won’t stop pressing on the damned bell.

But as soon as he opened the door he was welcomed by the face of the person the least he expected to see the most.

“Uhm, hi?,” the all too familiar brunette started with a nervous smile on his lips.

 

Well hi,

 

Its Donghae.

 

Before the shell-shock Hyukjae can even manage to recover from the shock of seeing his allegedly nowhere to be found ex-boyfriend who left him broken hearted for the past three years stand in front of him, something, or rather someone, was already clinging on his legs.

Hello, Daddy!” A snotty kid with exact carbon copy of Hyukjae’s gummy smile beamed at him.


A/N: Sorry if it's late though, this guy is keeping me from writing >.<

 

 

Who among you guys watched King Of Dramas? OTL, Siwon is freakin' great in it  why am i only watching it now? T__T

 

 

 

The truth is already wrote the chapter 3 last thursday but iwasn't happy with it so i deleted it. LOL

Anyways,

 

 

See you in the next chapter!!!! xDD

 

 

GRACIAS!!!

 

*credits to the owner*