Five (Part 2)

Between You and Me

  “With who?” Onew gasped as soon as Key walked through the door. Raising an eyebrow, Key shook his head in exasperation – if his cousin wasn’t a singer, he would have excelled in the acting field, what with his dramatic reactions.

  Oh, or maybe he could do both. Just like Lee Joon (or at least that was what Dongwoon told him). Hm, and wasn’t Onew close to Joon? He could get some tips from his friend…

  “Kibum,” Onew whined. And while it was amusing to see a grown man act like a child, he snapped back to attention immediately; he’s had enough of childish adults already (read: Kim Jonghyun).

  “If you know the answer, why do you keep asking me?” Key questioned. If the situation wasn’t in this time and place, perhaps he wouldn’t be so evasive. But it had been Woohyun, and he was tired from the day’s observations.

  A disgruntled look appeared on the other’s face. “Oh come on,” he muttered. “You can do better than that. Even Dongwoon…”

  “I have no idea what that means, and I have no intention of finding out. Now if you will excuse me, I have to review the steps for Infinite’s new dance. Night!”

  Before Onew could reply, he strode over to his room and locked the door shut.

  He sighed softly as he leaned against the wall. There were many words he could use to describe Woohyun, and “confused” was probably one of them. Key was wishing and putting his hopes up high, yet something in his blood told him that there was something odd about the whole thing.

  Because as paranoid and insecure as he may sound – he had a feeling Woohyun wasn’t confused about him.

 

  The date had started out fine, like all others did. Woohyun bought him to a café, bought him a drink, made small talk. All was great.

  Then Key brought up the worst possible thing he could have at that moment: The Other One.

  (Or was he the other one instead?)

  Well, he didn’t do it directly. He had simply said something simple (“I didn’t know you were in Infinite”) and it was perhaps too heavy a question. In his defense, he hadn’t expected The Other One to surface so quickly.

  When Woohyun dragged Key to the amusement park, the conversation turned back to The Other One. Yes, he did ask about Key and yes, he did smile and did all the boyfriend-ey things with Key, but –

  It was all The Other One.

  They went into the Haunted House together. (“We went here before and I got so scared! He had to hug me the whole way through! You’re lucky I came here before, or I would be doing that to you too” maybe Key wanted that treatment “and you would be dying. At least that’s what he told me, anyway. That I was suffocating him.”).

  They got onto the rollercoaster (“Are you still afraid of heights? Oh, did you know that he still is? He claims to be fearless, but what is this, seriously? He’s so cowardly, right?” Yes, Key replied, not knowing what he was agreeing to.).

  Woohyun held Key’s hand and they made their way to the fortune telling store (“He told me not to believe this sort of things, but it’s all in the name of fun, I tell you. I don’t actually trust this stuff.”)

  Or was Key being too picky?

  It could just be the attachment talking. After all, they were in the same group, and they had been for years. Like if Key was going out with – well, say Jonghyun. The guy would surely be on about SHINee.

  It was alright.

  But just say. If his suspicions prove to be true…he would lose the fight for Woohyun. It wouldn’t even be a competition. Woohyun was, after all, just another boy who needed someone who would be there all the time. Someone who would (stop, Key, stop) hold his hand when they were standing on the stage together.

  Seriously?

  Key couldn’t compare himself to Kim Sunggyu.


I had a sudden inspiration and I finished this half chapter in 15 minutes. I have a mountain load of assignments and homework and the impending exams...ugh. Btw, I had to add in one other of my otps because I was so stuck like jongkey jongkey jongkey. And have I mentioned the pile of work sitting next to me. I don't feel like doing anything and I have no idea where this story is going. I had a plan and then it flew out of the window so now you're reading legit . I don't believe anyone's reading this aha. 

I hope you have enjoyed this chapter (somehow)! Please comment if you liked it.