Three

Between You and Me

  “Mr. Kim Kibum?” The blond haired lady at the front table asked.

  Key nodded politely, giving her a sweet smile that had her blushing immediately. Onew, who was standing behind his cousin the whole time, tapped his foot impatiently. Of course he loved Key (how could he not), but seeing the boy flirt with people so randomly made him question the thought.

  “Come on,” he muttered, pulling Key away from the receptionist, “you have a job to do. So go and do it instead of trying to get the lady.”

  Without asking for directions, he dragged Key along with him. It was almost as if Key was a magnet, he thought. It wasn’t just that Key could charm people so easily; he could also make people fall for him just by existing. Somehow, that fact bothered him a lot. Perhaps it was because he had to take on the role of a responsible older cousin (which he could do rather well. After all, he was the leader of SHINee) or perhaps he was afraid that Key could possibly take away his chance of getting together with his crush.

  If that ever happened, he had no problems with acting like Minho and Jonghyun. None at all. He had loved her from afar for such a long time; he couldn’t let Key steal her away. In fact, he would even fight with his cousin.

  But, he said to himself, didn’t you just say that Key was a magnet? Then wouldn’t he be her first choice? And wouldn’t –

  “Where are we going?”

  Onew blinked in confusion as he looked around. He wasn’t even sure where they were, but it was definitely not anywhere near the practice room. At all.

  …Oops. Maybe he should have seen where he was going. He could hear Key’s exasperated sigh at the side of his ear.

  “Honestly hyung. Why did you drag me all the way here when you don’t even know which is the right direction? Seriously, I’m going to be late and it’s your fault hyung. It’s your fault now. What if they fire me? What –“

  “Hey, are you our new dance coach?"


  The man behind them looked at them curiously. Key felt a light pink paint itself across his cheeks. Did he hear Key complain and whine to Onew? If that was his student, then he hoped that the answer would be a “no”. Because honestly, it really ruined people’s impressions of him when he did that.

  Letting out a small cough to clear his throat, he said, “If you in Infinite then yes. I’m your dance coach.”

  The man smiled happily and grabbed his arm. “Come on. You’re at the wrong end. Our practice room is at the other side.” He laughed, shooting Onew a short glance. “But based on your earlier words it isn’t your fault.”

  So he did hear Key complaining. But he didn’t see the guy walking away, so he supposed it was okay. Either that or he was just desperate to have someone teach them how to dance.

  (But then again that couldn’t be. Infinite was good at dancing. Why they decided to hire Key was a mystery to him.)

  At the corner of his eye, he saw Onew stealthily slipping away as the man started to speak.

  “You know, you aren’t late. I don’t even think the rest are prepared. Oh, my name is Dongwoo by the way. You’re Key right? Yeah. And why was Onew hyung with you?”

  Key chuckled internally when he saw the light and curiosity in the other’s eyes. “He’s my cousin.”

  Dongwoo’s eyes widened in surprise as he turned to Key and gasped. “Really? He’s such a nice hyung. You’re so lucky to have him as a cousin. And I really – oh look we’re here! Morning hyung. Look who I found! He’s our dance coach!”

  As Key looked towards the other member, he froze and blinked slowly.

  ….Nam Woohyun. He’s in Infinite?

  .


  Even though he wasn’t facing the group, he could feel someone’s stare burning through him. Or more specifically, Woohyun.

  How annoying, he thought. They were just a dance coach and a student, nothing more. It wasn’t like they knew each other anymore.

  “We’ll take a break,” he announced. “Five minutes.”

  Immediately, the members scrambled around, either rushing to take a rest somewhere comfortable or to play. Key smiled internally: it seemed as though they had unending energy when they did that. They seemed so young, lively and –

  “I like the name Key better than Kibum. More character. Fits you more,” a voice said from behind.

  A sigh escaped Key’s lips as he turned to face Woohyun.

  “Really now? Why don't we play a game? This is our first time meeting. I'm a teacher, and you're my student. How about that?” he muttered.

  “What if I don’t want to?” Woohyun shot back.

  Key’s eyes hardened as he glared at Woohyun. Taking in a deep breath to calm himself, he asked, “What do you want?”

  “You.”

  Woohyun his lips and continued before Key could reply.
  “Look, I’m sorry about what happened okay? Please, just. Okay I. Go out on one date with me,” he said firmly, “One date, that’s all I’m asking for. If you don’t like it I won’t bother you anymore and I will just be your student. If you do, then well… Maybe we could go for another try.”

  Should he? Or should he not....

  Glancing at his watch, Key realized that the break time was almost over. And Woohyun was still in front of him, asking for something he once had years ago. Just like what Key used to dream about (and still did): another go.

  He shook his head softly to himself and called out to the others, “Let’s go. We still have to learn part four of the dance.” Then, as he walked past Woohyun, he said, “When you look so pitiful I can’t say no, can I?”

  He didn’t have to look back to know that Woohyun was smiling, just like how he did when he first said yes.


 

I don’t know. I’m so so sorry guys. I was gone for so long and I really don’t have any excuses. I was just too busy with my assignments and my mid year exams to write I suppose.

I'm so sorry

I hate myself so much for taking so long and then finally putting up a chapter as bad as this. /cries