Two

Between You and Me

 

  Onew woke up early. (Or at least it was earlier than usual off schedule days.) After all, what kind of cousin would he be if he did not check up on Key?

  …A bad one, obviously.

  “Oh. You’re up,” a voice shook him out of his thoughts. Key smiled at him as he flitted around the room, picking up pieces of fallen clothing and tidying the bed sheets while Onew blinked slowly, in an attempt to wake himself up.

  “Did you have a good sleep Kibum?” Onew enquired, sitting cross-legged and looked up at the younger with doe eyes.

  “It was great, I mean I got to sleep at a perfectly expensive couch,” Onew laughed guiltily at that, “and don’t you call me Kibum. Now go wash yourself up, I’ve prepared breakfast for your group.”

  Ushered out of his own room, Onew stumbled towards the toilet.

   Hopefully Jonghyun won’t be up until I’m done. I don’t want to have to deal with his flirting before I’m even properly up.


  “You prepared all this?”

  Key tilted his head to the side, expecting to see Onew, but was instead greeted with the sight of one of the members. He had large, round eyes, dark hair, and he was tall, towering over Key easily.

  “You…are Minho?” he guessed. Based on Onew’s descriptions, he was right.  “And yes, I did make all of this. I didn’t know what you would want to eat, or how much you’d want. So…”

  He glanced at the table full of food. There was hardly any space left to actually put down their bowls. Well, he did go a little overboard with the cooking. Only a little though.


  One thing one should know about Choi Minho was that he didn’t believe in the “love at first sight” thing. After all, how could one fall for someone without knowing them properly? Impossible, he had thought, impossible.

  He was starting to take back his words. Because the only word he could find to describe the man before him was “perfect”.  Onew had more of a handsome quality to his looks, but Key was beautiful. Prettier than even, maybe, Taemin. And that was saying something.

  The amount of times the maknae had been called gorgeous was infinite, but Onew’s cousin could probably push Taemin off the charts.

  Of course that was just Minho’s opinion. (And he had a feeling that Jonghyun hyung thought the same.) He wasn’t blind; he had seen the jealousy in Jonghyun’s eyes when Son Dongwoon held Key.

  “–O? Minho?” Key waved a hand over his face, “Are you okay? You spaced out?”

  Embarrassed, Minho shook his head and chuckled, “Yeah. Yeah, I’m fine.”

  Key smiled sweetly at him, before hurrying him to sit down. “I assume Taeminnie will be up soon. Onew hyung is in the bathroom and I don’t know about the other guy? I think he’s name is Jonghun? Is it? Oh wait, it’s Jonghyun right?”

  Minho nodded silently, hiding a smirk. Key knew his name, and not Jonghyun’s. It probably seemed like a childish thing to be happy over, but. Well. His hyung was always the one who could steal hearts in less than a second, and even though Minho could be considered as “handsome”, he would come second. Even those who were decent and sensible. Even Shin Sekyung…

  Perhaps Key would be different. Perhaps Minho would be able to keep Key for himself. If he fought hard enough, it would be possible.

  He was sure of it.


 

  Oh, is that how you want to do this?

  With arms crossed, Jonghyun glared at the two sitting in the kitchen.  Now, Jonghyun could be rather dense (he didn’t try to deny that fact anymore, since it was true.) but he knew this was Minho’s way of saying “I’m going to fight for this”. And Minho was competitive, that was something they all knew.

  Not that he was worried or anything.

  Because he wasn’t. He got Shin Sekyung, and well. She had at first been enamored with Minho. In a month, he had managed to get her to date him. Needless to say, Minho was bitter.

  So it wasn’t really a surprise that Minho was trying to charm Key. Minho, being the observant guy he was, had no doubt caught on.

  Forcing a polite smile onto his face, he walked in.

  “Good morning Key,” he greeted, “Minho.”


 

  “Good morning Key, Minho,” Onew heard Jonghyun’s voice ring through the hallway. The stiffness was clear in his voice, and Onew groaned mentally. If Jonghyun and Minho were going to have another one of their fights, over his cousin, what’s more, they were going to get it.

  Their fights were legendary. Onew had personally witnessed an argument they had over Jessica; it was traumatizing. And Jessica wasn’t even on the top of their list. (Though Jessica was nice, and pretty, and cute.)

  (But perhaps he was a bit biased about the whole Jessica issue.)

  (Or maybe just Jessica.)


 

  “So…do you have plans for later? Do you have, like, work, or are you free,” Taemin asked, feeling awkward with the tension between Jonghyun and Minho.

  After swallowing a bite of food, Key replied, “I actually have to go to work. At wherever Infinite is at. To, you know, teach them the dance they have to do. Because I’m a dance coach?”

  Taemin hummed in response, quietly returning to his food as he glanced up at Onew for help. Minho was already about to break the metal fork into half while glaring at Jonghyun. Jonghyun, on the other hand, wore a calm and collected expression, which irritated Minho even further.

  Clearing his throat, the leader started speaking, “Um, Jonghyun, do you ---“

  “I have a meeting,” Minho interrupted quickly, “with manager hyung in half an hour. It’s urgent, he said. I should leave now.”

  He rushed out of the kitchen, and they could hear an audible bang of the front door closing. At the corner of his eye, Taemin could see Jonghyun’s victorious expression. They are so childish, seriously. At least I have Onew with me.

  The kitchen was silent again, other than the clinking of forks and spoons against the plates and the soft munching of food. For a moment, Taemin could eat properly without having the urge to throw himself onto the floor.

  “I had a dream,” Onew said over a mouthful of food, “that I was a fairy God Mother and that Jessica was Cinderella. And then Minho was a mouse. I thought it was real, I really did.”

  But it’s not like that is much of a help.


No, I don't know what I'm doing. Yes, this is a failure of a chapter. (If you don't like it, you may unsubscribe.) (I'm not kidding. I'm being serious. I don't want to waste your time.) (That made me sound sarcastic.) (But I really don't)

Thank you guys so much for subscribing and commenting! I feel so honoured. The amount of people who subscribed... I'm not joking when I said I almost teared up when I saw the number. And thanks to rhoofy who upvoted this.

(I'm so scared you will be disappointed when you read this chapter. Sighs.)

Please comment and point out the mistakes I have made! (I really want to improve...)

And I love you all! <3