Confrontation

Two Best Friends

 

Jae Eun POV:

“You go talk to him,” said Yoona nudging me.

“I can’t,” I said ducking behind Soo Young.

“You go talk to him,” said Yoona poking Soo Young.

“I’m eating,” said Soo Young munching on a candy bar.

“Aish! You’re always eating,” said Yoona folding her arms.

The subject of our attention was our classmate Lee Tae Min. We had spent the last half hour of our free period watching him and his friends. Yoona and I both thought he was cute and wanted to talk to him, but Yoona had no intention to approaching him.

“He’s so… so… cool,” said Yoona sighing. She turned around to pout at me.

“Okay, okay,” I said giving up, even though I did want to go. “I’ll go.”

“Really?” Asked Yoona getting up and jumping up and down.

“Don’t run away and stay here,” I said feeling a bit nervous.

I slowly walked towards Tae Min and his friends. I looked back to make sure that Yoona and Soo Young were still there. ‘Go’ they both mouthed at me, I nodded turned back.

“Excuse me,” I said clearing my throat. “Are you Lee Tae Min?”

“Ne,” said Tae Min looking up. “But you can call me Tae Min like everyone else does.”

“Ah, really… okay,” I said nervously. “I’m-“

“Lee Jae Eun,” said Tae Min smiling. “Art Major, right?”

“Ne,” I said surprised. How the heck did he know that?

“Hey guys, I’ll be back,” said Tae Min talking to his friends. He got up and motioned to me. “Let’s go?”

“Ne,” I said nodding like an idiot before following him.

I had barely moved a few steps when I felt someone grab my arm. Annoyed, I turned around but when I saw who it was I gulped.

“Who are you?” Asked Hyuk Jae glaring daggers into Tae Min.

“Oppa,” I whispered embarrassed. I tried to pull my arm away from his grasp; he didn’t let go.

“I’m Lee Tae Min,” said Tae Min looking uncomfortable, answering formally. “Dance Major, Freshmen Year.”

“Nice to meet you,” said Hyuk Jae coldly. With that Hyuk Jae dragged me away, leaving Tae Min standing awkwardly alone.

“Oppa,” I complained. I ducked my head in embarrassment when I passed by Tae Min’s friends. I could feel my face turning red.

“Aish! Hyukkie Oppa!” I said louder. “My arm hurts!”

Hyuk Jae stopped when he heard that and let go of my arm. I rubbed at the spot where he had grabbed my arm. It was already turning red.

“Seriously Oppa!” I whined. “What was that for?”

“Where were you going with some guy you don’t know?” Asked Hyuk Jae folding his arms.

“Who said that? Of course I know him,” I said trying to bluff.

“Haha. You can’t fool me. Yoona already told me,” said Hyuk Jae pointing.

I turned and saw my friends coming; Dong Hae Oppa was with them too.

“Hyuk Jae-ssi,” said Yoona. “You just ruined her chances in getting a boyfriend.”

“She didn’t even have much of a chance to begin with. Now all the guys will think that you two are really dating even if you’re not,” said Soo Young backing Yoona. “Guys won’t even talk to her if they know you are around.”

“Good,” said Hyuk Jae.

“Oppa!” I exclaimed. I pouted.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Dong Hae POV:

“Don’t you think you were being too hard on Jae Eun?” I asked.

“No,” said Hyuk Jae taking a sip from his water bottle.

We were taking a break from a group dance lesson. Some reason Hee Chul Hyung was missing. All the better, I needed to talk to Hyuk Jae.

“Come on Hyuk, if she wants, she should be able to date someone. Your mom said that once she turned 18, she could date,” I said trying to be reasonable. “Besides, you started dating Hye Si around her age. Remember?”

“Hae,” said Hyuk Jae turning to me. “Have you seen my sister?”

“No, I haven’t,” I said being sarcastic. “Why do you ask?”

“Funny. She’s too cute for her own good,” said Hyuk Jae worried. “Some random guy will just try to take advantage of her. She’s too naïve.”

“She knows more than you think. She’s learnt a lesson or two.”

“What!” Exclaimed Hyuk Jae standing up. “When? How?”

The visiting dance instructor and the rest of the students littered around the room stared. Hyuk Jae stared around awkwardly for a minute and then apologized for his outburst. He quickly sat down.

“She dated someone and told you? Just wait until I find this guy,” said Hyuk Jae cracking his knuckles. I chuckled. Hyuk Jae was so cute when he worried about Jae Eun.

“I meant that she’s learnt from your relationship with Hye Si.”

“Oh,” said Hyuk Jae slowly.

There was silence between us. I debated whether or not to bring up our agreement. I decided to do it now instead of later. Later, it would be more difficult.

“Speaking of dating,” I said slowly getting Hyuk Jae’s attention. “We should go out tonight and hangout somewhere.”

“What?” Asked Hyuk Jae pretending not to remember.

“The thing we talked about on Saturday,” I said slightly agitated. “You have to go this time. You’re not allowed to bail like on Saturday night.”

“Hae, I appreciate the thought but maybe-“

“It’s not just for you Hyuk,” I said sighing. Hyuk Jae looked surprised. “It’s for Jae Eun and me. It’ll make us feel a lot better.”

“Why are you always siding with Jae Eun? Aish,” said Hyuk Jae frustrated. “Fine, I’ll go, just so that the two of you stop pestering.”

“Promise?”

“Fine. I promise.”

“Asa! You said you’ll go,” I said grinning in triumph. “You can’t back out of your promise.”

I ducked as Hyuk Jae tried to hit my arm.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Jae Eun POV:

“Gosh. Hyuk Jae-ssi is so protective of you,” said Soo Young staring at me. “I wish I had someone that was that worried about me.”

“Me too,” said Yoona dreamily.

“Snap out of it,” I said pouting. “It’s torture. I can’t even talk to guys, let alone like someone because Hyukkie is completely against it.”

‘But still. He just came in all cool and totally scared Lee Tae Min,” said Yoona resting her chin on her hand.

“That’s cool? Now Tae Min will nev-“

“Ooo! It’s Tae Min now is it?” Asked Soo Young a little too loudly.

“Choi Soo Young, Im Yoona, Lee Jae Eun. Stop talking and go stand outside,” said Teacher Kang suddenly looking up from the board.

“Oops! Busted,” whispered Yoona. We quickly filed out and stood outside the classroom.

“Aish,” I said frustrated. “Hyuk Jae’s going to kill me if he finds out I was sent out of class.”

“At least it shows he cares,” said Yoona.

“Sometimes, I wished he cared a little less at the right times,” I said sighing.

“Isn’t that Hye Si?” Asked Soo Young pointing.

The three of us looked down the corridor. Indeed it was Hye Si. She was talking to a teacher, a male teacher. Well, talking was the least of it.

“Teacher Wong, I’m sure we can come up with some agreement. You know it’s illogical for a senior to have to redo a project from last year,” said Hye Si being sickly sweet.

I gagged.

“Hye Si. You know this project is required for you to be able to graduate,” said Teacher Wong nervously. “It’s part of the curriculum.”

“I’m sure it is but I hope you can make an exception for me,” said Hye Si purring.

“You know I don’t have that kind of authority, Hye Si.”

“Please Teacher Wong? Can’t I-“

Just then another student turned the corner. Seeing the student, Teacher Wong immediately straightened up.

“I can’t help you. If you really have a problem, take it up with the office,” said Teacher Wong hurriedly before he escaped as fast as he could.

The three of us started laughing quietly as Hye Si glared at the student who had interrupted them. Unfortunately for us, the student walked by us and Hye Si spotted us laughing. We stopped laughing when her glare was meant for us.

“Well, well,” said Hye Si crossing her arms as she approached us. “If it isn’t the trouble maker.”

“I think that’s a song,” I said undaunted. Yoona and Soo Young resisted the urge to laugh as they stood behind me.

“Very funny,” said Hye Si snapping. “For someone who’s so keen on cheating on her boyfriend.”

“Me?” I asked a little surprised.

“Who else?” Asked Hye Si smirking. “I heard that Hyuk Jae can’t trust you around any guys.”

I groaned inwardly. I couldn’t believe that the story had already gone around to Hye Si.

“So sad, looks like you’ll only give him trouble when group projects come up,” said Hye Si pretending to be sympathetic. “If only you were a girlfriend like me.”

I scoffed. A girlfriend like her?

“If I was a girlfriend like you, my boyfriend would have so much more trouble,” I said shaking my head sadly. Hye Si narrowed her eyes.” At least I’m just talking to classmates. Does Min Jae-ssi know that you’re going around trying to seduce teachers?”

“Yah! You little-“

*Ring*

Students poured out of class and Teacher Kang called us back in to give us a stern warning. If the bell hadn’t rung right then, I’m pretty sure that Hye Si would have tried that hair pulling habit of hers again.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Hyuk Jae POV:

“Yah Lee Hyuk Jae,” said Min Jae leaning against the wall.

His gang of friends stood around him. I wasn’t in the mood to talk to him. I pretended not to hear anything and continued walking with Dong Hae, Hee Chul Hyung, Yesung Hyung and Si Won.

“Yah! I was talking to you,” said Min Jae louder as he moved so that he stood in our way.

I could feel Dong Hae tense up next to me. It looked like the classic start to a gang war, just less people.

“What do you want Min Jae?” Asked Hee Chul Hyung agitated.

“I wasn’t talking to you, Princess,” said Min Jae almost hissing the last word before turning back to me. “I need to talk to Hyuk Jae about a little problem.”

Hee Chul rolled his eyes.

“I was unaware of any problem,” I said calmly.

“You know precisely what I want to talk about.”

“If he says he’s unaware, then maybe you ought to elaborate because as far as we know, there is no problem,” said Dong Hae through gritted teeth.

“Just tell your girlfriend to stay the hell away from mine,” said Min Jae pointing at me. “Or I might have to take care of the problem myself.’

I burned with anger. Did he just casually bring up Jae Eun like that? If he even was a hundred yards close to her with the intention of going any closer, I would break his face. What face? His arms, legs and the rest of his body. I could feel Dong Hae grab my arm.

“Stay the hell away from Jae Eun!” I shouted angrily trying to advance towards him. “If you get even close I’ll-“

Dong Hae pulled me back. Si Won and Yesung Hyung grabbed my arms and dragged me away as I attempted to curse out Min Jae.

“I suggest you stay away from Jae Eun or the least damage you’ll be getting from anyone one of us will be a broken nose,” said Dong Hae furiously. “And tell that girlfriend of yours to keep clear of Hyuk Jae’s little sister. You heard me right, little sister. Get it into your thick head.”

With that Dong Hae turned our little group around.

 

---------------------------------

Yay!!!! Next Chappie is up! :P

I am like super super super duper happy with my of subscribers!!! Thank you for reading my little story. :D Thank you for the comments.

P.S. - In case anyone is re-reading this chapter, I did change Tae Min's major from Art to Dance. Even though he's not in Jae Eun, Soo Young and Yoona's major, I'm sure that they would know him.