Kris isn't sure what got to him.

I'll Be Your Memory

 

Tao opens the double door to the guest living room and storms inside, his face still flustered from the previous event that just happened minutes ago. He marched up to where his mom was sitting at and took a seat beside her. Mrs. Huang notices the dip on the sofa beside her and turns to face her son, “Taoer, what’s with the different clothes?” she asked, slightly frowning from the attire Tao was currently wearing. Tao pouted and crossed his arms across his chest, “Gege got me all wet outside, he pushed me into the swimming pool all because I was curious how deep the pool was,” he explained.

 

Mrs. Huang chuckled at Tao’s explanation and pats his head, “It’s okay honey, Yifaner only wants to play with you.”

 

Speak of the devil, Kris comes walking through the double doors as well in a different attire. He makes his way over to Tao and sat down beside the pouting boy, “Yifan,” Mrs. Wu’s strict voice rang out.

 

“Yes?” Kris asked.

 

“That was not nice of you, Tao could have drowned in the water,” she scolded the older one. Yifan gave her a roll of his eyes and leans back into the sofa, “As if, I’m sure Taoer knows how to tread water right?” he placed a hand on Tao’s left thigh causing Tao to jump from the sudden contact, “why are you so jumpy?” he asked.

 

Tao swats Kris’s hand away from his thigh and scooted closer to Mrs. Huang, seeking for that feeling of a protective mother. Mrs. Huang chuckled at how Tao was reacting and wraps an arm around her son’s torso, “Don’t worry honey, Yifaner was only playing with you.”

 

Kris smirked and tugs onto the hem of Tao’s shirt, “Yeah didi, I was only playing with you,” he teased in a weird tone of voice. Tao shoots Kris a glare before turning his attention back to Mrs. Wu.

 

“Oh Chun jiejie,” Mrs. Huang begins, “about that position you were offering to Taoer.”

 

“Mm…yes,” Mrs. Wu placed her cup of tea down on the coffee table and straightens her posture, “Taoer, I’m sure your mother has already told you about the position I’m offering you at my work place correct?” she asked and Tao nodded.

 

“What position? How come I’m not aware of this?” Kris chimed in.

 

“Shush Yifan,” Mrs. Wu scolds her son again, “anyways, what do you think of it? I know you don’t have any prior experience in this kind of field but it’s an easy job and you really don’t need any sort of experience to get this kind of job.”

 

Tao bites the bottom of his lips and fidgets in his spot, “Well,” he begins, “I well…I’m not sure aiyi because I think that my current job I have right now pays well enough.” Mrs. Wu chuckled at Tao’s response, “Oh Taoer I know well that the job you have right now pays exceptionally well but,” she picks up her cup of tea and took a sip from it, “I’m willing to triple that amount you’re getting paid right now if you work with me.”

 

“But…”

 

“Taoer, what Chun aiyi is doing is giving you a well pay job and plus this is a nice offer, this kind of offer only comes once in a lifetime,” Mrs. Huang cuts off her son.

 

“Yeah Taoer,” Kris chimed in again.

 

Tao glances at his mother to Kris and then back to Mrs. Wu, “Um…okay, I’ll take the job,” he mutters.

 

“Perfect!” Mrs. Wu squeals, “just come by my place tomorrow at 8am and I’ll have the previous manager show you how things are run.”

 

Tao gave her a nod before going back to just staring into space. Kris picks up a fork and stabbed it into a piece of fruit then brought it to his mouth but stops, “Wait…mom,” he looks at his mother, “what position is Tao working as?”

 

“Oh that,” she again placed her cup of tea back on the table, “Taoer will become your group’s new manager,” she announced. The fork in Kris’s hand drops to the rug and his mouth hung open, “Yifan!” Mrs. Wu shouted, “maids!”

 

In a matter of seconds, three maids comes running into the guest living room to see what the commotion was, “Yes Mrs. Wu?” the oldest looking maid asks. Mrs. Wu sighs loudly and rubs her forehead, “Fork…ground…fruit,” was all she said. The elderly maid gives her a nod and orders the other two younger looking maids to grab things to clean up the mess.

 

“Yifan,” Mrs. Wu calls for her son again. Kris snaps out of his trance, “WHAT?!!!” he shouted. Tao shoved his fingers into his ears, Mrs. Haung did the same, and Mrs. Wu glared at her son, “Keep your voice down Yifan,” she calmly said.

 

“Can…can you say that again?” Kris asked.

 

Mrs. Wu gave her a son a roll of her eyes, “I said, keep your voice down.”

 

“No not that…what you said before that.”

 

“Oh? That Taoer will be your group’s new manager?”

 

Kris nodded and leans back into the sofa, “Why? Is that a bad thing?” Tao’s soft gently voice rings out as he turned to look at his gege. Kris looks up at Tao and slightly nods his head and a hurtful expression flashes through Tao’s face. Kris notices this and immediately sprang back up to explain his answer, “No no…it doesn’t mean that I don’t want you to…well…,” he rubs the back of his neck, not quite sure what kind of words he should use at the moment.

 

“Well…if gege don’t want Taoer to know gege at work then we can act as strangers and co-workers okay,” Tao suggested. Kris let out a heavy sigh and rubbed his face, “No…that’s not what I mean…I…”

 

“Either way,” Mrs. Wu chimed in from behind the two, “doesn’t matter if you don’t approve of it or not Yifan, I’ve already made the decision therefore Taoer will be your group’s new manager.”

 

“But mom…Tao has no experience in this kind of field, he doesn’t know what he’s getting himself into,” Kris reasoned with his mother.

 

“I…I think I’ll be able to handle it,” Tao piped in, “I don’t think it will be that hard…right aiyi?”

 

Mrs. Wu gives Tao a nod of her head, “Of course Taoer, and if anything happens, come to aiyi and aiyi will fix it for you.”

 

Tao immediately smiled and nods his head, “Okay.”

 

Behind Tao, Kris grunted and falls back into the sofa.

 

---

 

After having a nice lunch with his family and the Huang family, Kris walks outside towards the waiting car with Tao following him. He stopped in front of the black car and faces the younger one who was still trudging behind. Once Tao reached Kris, Tao stopped and looks up at the older one, “It was nice seeing you again gege, after all of these years,” he said with a smile. Kris nods and walks up to Tao, “Taoer,” he begins softly, reaching over and taking a hold of Tao’s hands, “For a guy, your hands are pretty small,” he joked. Tao chuckled at Kris, “No I have normal hands, your hands are just big for a guy,” he joked back. Kris looks up at Tao and swipes some hair back behind Tao’s left ear, “Taoer…,” he said softly again.

 

“Is there something wrong gege?” Tao asked, tilting his head slightly to the side when he was confused. Kris lets out another sigh and pulls the boy over to the nearest garden. He leads Tao over to bricked walk way water laid beneath it. He walks up to the edge of the walk way and stares out among the ponds of water, “Gege?” Tao asked, walking up to his gege.

 

“This job you’re getting yourself in,” Kris begins.

 

“Are you still on that?” Tao asked. Kris heaved a sigh, “I’m worried about you Taoer,” he turns around to face the young boy, “What if…what if something bad happens to you and I’m not there? What is gege supposed to do then?”

 

Tao chuckles and smacks Kris lightly on the forehead, “Funny gege, I’m not the small young Tao back in the days, I’m much older now and I can take care of myself.” Kris pouts and crosses his arms across his chest, “I refuse to believe that,” he argues. Tao rolls his eyes at the older one, “Maybe you’re the one who is still a kid.”

 

Kris gasps loudly at Tao’s response, “You just did not call me a kid.”

 

Tao smirks and places his hands on his hip, “Oh yes I just did, what are you going to do about it?” he asked. Kris smirks and within seconds, he had Tao leaning over on the edge facing the water while the younger one screamed for his life, “GEGE! STOP! NO! I DON’T WANT TO GET WET AGAIN! ESPECIALLY IN THIS KIND OF WATER!”

 

“Take it back! Tell me that I’m not a kid and that I’m the most handsome guy you ever met!” Kris shouted.

 

“Okay okay! I take it back and gege is the most handsome guy I ever met,” Tao repeated the words back to Kris. Kris smiled in satisfaction and pulls Tao away from the water, “There, now that’s all you needed to do,” he said, patting Tao’s shoulders. Tao takes in deep breaths before glaring at the older on, “You’re the ugliest person I ever met!” he shouted and stomps on Kris’s right foot. Kris yelps in pain, clutches onto his right foot and jumped around in circles, “Tao…you…” he points a finger at Tao who was now laughing at the older one.

 

“I what?” he asked, sticking a tongue out at the older one.

 

“You’re going to pay for this and if I was you right now, I would be running,” Kris threatened.

 

“Oooo I’m so scared of…AH!!!” Tao screams loudly and sprinted off as Kris chased after him. Tao ran into another garden and looks behind him to see Kris closing the gap in between them. He gasped and tried to pick up his speed but failed to since his legs were starting to give up on him. Kris smirks once he sees that Tao was starting to slow down, “You slow poke,” he mutters to himself. After chasing Tao for another minute or so, Kris was then able to close the gap between him and the younger on and tackles Tao onto the grass.

 

“Ah!” Tao yelps as he collapsed on the grass with him under and Kris on top, “yah! Get off of me!” he screams, punching Kris on the chest. Kris chuckles, grabs both of Tao’s hands and pins them at the top of Tao’s head, “Not only are you er at running, you also have weak punches,” he teases. Tao glares at the older one and struggles beneath him, “Let go of me gege,” he demands.

 

“No,” Kris refused, “tell me didi, if I’m not the most handsome guy you met on earth then who is it?”

 

Tao smirked, “Byun Baekhyun,” he answers.

 

“Byun…Baekhyun? Who is that?” Kris asked, confused.

 

“A cutie plus hottie at my college, we had classes together and we always hang out with each other and…ow!” Tao yelps in pain as Kris squeezes his wrist tightly.

 

“Just you watch Taoer, I’ll have you admit that I’m the most handsome guy on earth one of these days.”

 

Tao rolls his eyes and struggles, “Sure whatever gege, I’m sure you get that a lot from your fangirls already.”

 

“Actually I do,” Kris says, matter of fact.

 

“See? Now you don’t need to hear that from me.”

 

“But I do though,” and Kris pouts, “after all you’re my didi and…”

 

“No, didi will never admit that gege is handsome now get off of me damn it you heavy pig.”

 

“You just called me a pig!” Kris shouted at the top of his lungs, “you’re so going to get it now,” he brought down his hands and tickle attacks the side of Tao’s stomach. Tao squeals and laughs as Kris tickled Tao to oblivion, “Gege…gege…stop!!” Tao says while laughing.

 

“Take it back! Take it back!” he shouted.

 

“Okay okay! I take it back!” Tao laughed loudly. Kris stopped tickling Tao and watched as Tao lie on the grass, showing off his side profile to the older one. Kris blushed as his eyes examined every single little detail on Tao’s small and sharp face. His eyes lands on Tao’s open mouth and his tongue darts out from his lips to his dry ones, “Taoer,” he calls softly.

 

“Hm?” Tao shifted his head and gazed right into Kris’s stare, “gege?”

 

Not know what got into him, Kris leans down and closes the gap in between the both of them. His lips landed on Tao’s soft one, his eyes closed immediately and his mind goes blank as the softness of Tao’s lip takes him into a whole new world. Tao’s eyes are wide as Kris continues to ravish his still closed lips. He opens his mouth to say something and when he did so, Kris takes the advantage to shove his tongue into Tao’s mouth. Tao gasps loudly as his tongue was met with Kris’s tongue. His hands shoot outwards and push Kris away from him. He immediately scramble onto his and moved away from the older one.

 

“Taoer I…,” Kris didn’t know what to say to the younger one. He didn’t know what exactly washed over him for him to kiss Tao like that, especially when he already had a lover waiting for him back at their dorm.

 

Tao gazed down at the grass beneath his leg and didn’t reply to Kris. After a quiet silence of not saying anything to each other, Tao stands up from where he was sitting, dust off his and walks pass Kris, “I…I’ll see you tomorrow gege,” he said before leaving Kris alone in the garden. 

-------------------------------------------------