News as the manager.

I'll Be Your Memory

 

“Alright you guys did a wonderful job today,” EXO’s manager announces as he walks through the door with a tray filled with cups of water, “drink up,” he places the tray on the table and one by one, each member in the group approached the table to grab their cup. He clasps his hands together as he watches the young ones grabbing the cups. His eyes scan among the young men before frowning, “Where is Kris and Lay?” he asks.

 

Chanyeol, another EXO member, halts the cup before it touched his lips, “I saw them walk out,” he answers. The manager frowns even more and places his hands on his hip, “I thought that before I left this room, I had made it clear with all of you guys that none are to step out until I come back.”

 

“Don’t worry hyung,” came another voice from behind Chanyeol, “Kris told me that they’re going to go use the restroom.”

 

“In that case I’ll go find them,” and with that the manager leaves the room to find Kris and Lay.

 

---

 

Lay walks out from the restroom stalls and approaches the sink to wash his hands. He gives his lover a smile before turning on the faucet and shoves his hands under the cold running water. Kris walks behind Lay and snakes his arms around the younger Chinese member and places his chin on Lay’s right shoulder, “You did a wonderful job today during the dance break,” he mutters. Lay chuckles and turns off the water, “And you did a wonderful job at rapping today,” he comments back. Kris chuckles at his boyfriend’s words and turns him around so that the both of them were facing each other, “I love you,” he says.

 

Lay cups Kris’s face into his hand and leans in, “I love you too,” he replies, closing his eyes for a kiss. Just before both boy’s lips were able to meet each other, there was a loud knock on the door, “Kris! Lay!”

 

“,” Kris curses and pulls back away from Lay, standing beside his lover and acts as if they weren’t doing anything suspicious. The door opens and their manager walks into the restroom to see both of Lay and Kris standing side by side, “Are you two done using the restroom?” he asks, crossing his arms against his chest. Kris clears his throat loudly and nods, “Y…yeah,” he answers their manager.

 

“Great, now hurry up and get your butts back into the dressing room to change, we’re leaving this place in 20 minutes,” he tells them and glances down at his watch, “and I still need to talk to Mrs. Wu too,” he mumbles. Kris ears pick up what their manager said and quickly walks over to him, “Why?” he asks.

 

Their manager looks up at the tall blonde and sighs, “I’ll be resigning from my position as your guys’ manager,” he tells him.

 

“But why? You were doing a wonderful job though hyung.”

 

Their manager chuckles and sighs heavily again, “Well Kris,” he places a hand on Kris’s left shoulder, “there are times in your life where…you just have to let the most wonderful things go.” Kris up and eyebrow at their manager, “Say what? I don’t quite understand you,” he says. Their manager chuckles and removes his hand away from Kris’s shoulder, “What I’m saying is, my wife and I, and along with our children, will be moving back to her hometown.”

 

“Oh…and that is preventing you from traveling with us?” Kris asks.

 

“Apparently so young one,” his manager sighs, “anyways, get your butts back into the dressing room while I have a talk with Mrs. Wu over the phone,” with that the manager turns on his heels and takes off back into the hall. Kris glances at Lay over his shoulder and shrugs, “ right?” Lay asks.

 

Kris gives his boyfriend a nod, “I wonder who our future manager would be,” Lay ponders, leaning against the sink counter. Kris’s eyes widen and his mouth hangs open, “I wonder if hyung knows,” he quickly dashes out of the restroom and runs down the hallway to catch up with their manager, “hyung!” he calls, stretching a hand out grasps their manager’s shoulder, “hyung,” he says while panting and forces their manager to face him.

 

“Aish Kris what do you want?” their manager asks, pulling his cell phone away from his ears.

 

“Do you by any chance, know who our future manager would be?” he asks. Their manager gives Kris a shrug of his shoulders and starts to dial again, “Don’t have a clue kid,” he answers, “anyways, Mrs. Wu isn’t picking up the phone,” he mumbles before walking away from Kris. Lay walks out of the restroom and approaches his boyfriend, “So?” he asks. Kris spins around to face Lay and gives him a shrug, “Don’t know, hyung doesn’t have a clue.”

 

“Why don’t you ask your mom then? I’m sure she’s the one hiring our future manager,” Lay suggests. Realization hits Kris straight on the forehead, “That’s right…why am I making it so hard on me?” he asks while chuckling. Lay shakes his head and grabs a hold of Kris’s shirt then pulls him down, “You’re indeed an idiot,” he murmurs. Kris smirks and snakes his arm around Lay’s waist, “Your idiot only though,” he retorts back before kissing Lay deeply and fully on the lips.

 

---

 

Tao walks up the steps to his apartment with his mother and unlocks the front door. He switches on the lights, enters the apartment and kicks the door shut with his right foot, “Mom!” he calls, juggling the bags of groceries and other things in his hands, “mom!”

 

“I’m in my room darling!” his mother calls from down the hallway. Tao succeeds at taking off his shoes, slips on his house slippers and walks into the kitchen, “Gosh these are heavy,” he complains quietly and places the bags on top of the counter. He dusts his hands off from the imaginary dusts and then proceeds to walk down the hallway to his mother’s room, “Mom?” he calls again, sticking his head inside to search for his mother.

 

“ZiTao you’re home,” his mother says and walks up to her son, “how was work dear?” Tao walks into the room as his mother drags him inside, “Tiring,” he answers and sits down on the bed, “did you take your medication yet?” he asks.

 

“Of course dear,” his mother answers, taking a seat beside her son, “Tao I have something to tell you,” she grabs her son’s right hand with her left hand and rubs the back of his hand with her thumb, “You remember my old friend Wu Chun right?”

 

Tao glances up at the ceiling and slow nods his head, “I think I do,” he replies, giving his mother a slight nod of his head. His mother smiles at her son’s response and continues, “She gave me a call today.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“And well,” he mother takes in a deep breath and tightens her grasps on her son’s hand, “we had a lot to talk about…about how our lives are going and such.”

 

“Mom get to the point,” Tao tells her. His mother chuckles, “You’re always so impatient Taoer,” his mother slaps him lightly on the arm, “Mrs. Wu is wanting to give you a great position at her entertainment.”

 

Tao slowly looks at his mom and squints his eyes together, “What kind of position? Janitor position?” he asks. His mother lets out a laugh before slapping her son across the head, “No but would you at least listen to what I have to say before asking?”

 

Tao pouts and nods, “Okay.”

 

“Mrs. Wu’s manager for the group that her son…you remember Yifan correct?”

 

Tao blushes once his mother mentions the name, “Y…yeah,” he answers, looking down at their hands. His mother grins and nudges her son against the arm with hers, “You’re still in love with him aren’t you?” she teases Tao. Tao’s head shoots up and faces his mother, “N…no,” he stutters, “I…I just haven’t seen gege for a long time…that’s all.”

 

His mother chuckles and pats his hand with their right hand, “Oh no need to hide it but since you won’t admit to it then okay, mom will take that as an answer for now.” Tao pouts even more at his mother before looking away, “Ai yah Taoer.”

 

“Just go on with what you were trying to tell me awhile ago,” Tao says without facing his mother.

 

“Fine fine, so anyways, Mrs. Wu would like you to become the manager to Yifan’s group because their current manager they have right now will be resigning.” Tao turns to face his mom with his eyebrows furrowed inwards, “I have no experience in those kind of things,” he says.

 

“No worries Taoer, Mrs. Wu is willing to teach you how,” she smiles at her son and lets go of his hand, “tomorrow we’ll be visiting the Wu family to discuss more about this.”

 

“What?!” Tao shoots up from the bed, “are you serious mom?”

 

“Every single word I said,” his mother replies without facing her son, “now get some sleep for tomorrow.”

 

“B…but mom…”

 

“No buts Taoer,” she pulls out her pajamas from the closet and faces her son this time, “now get some sleep, we’ll be leaving around 12 in the afternoon tomorrow.” Tao gives his mother a heavy sigh before dragging his feet out from the bedroom. He enters his room and shuts the door then slides down against the door onto the floor, “But…I like my job I have now…,” he mutters. Tao glances up at the wall at the poster of EXO and his eyes lands on Kris, the member standing in the middle while his group members stood on each side of him, “Yifan gege…”

------------------------------------------