Taoer!!!

I'll Be Your Memory

 

“You guys don’t have any schedule for today so you’re either free to do whatever you want or practice for the upcoming music video,” EXO’s manager announces to the group, “although I prefer you kids to practice the dance routine but…,” he closes the folder in front of him and glances up at the young men sitting and standing before him, “it’s your choice.”

 

“Alright then,” Kris says before anyone else in the room got the chance to say anything, “I have some important matter I want to discuss with Mrs. Wu so I’ll go see her at the building today.”

 

“Um…important matters?” the manager asks, cocking one of his eyebrows up.

 

“Y…yeah, important matters…reeeally important matters,” the leader emphasizes. The manager nods his head and slowly turns away from the crowd, “Alright then…in that case, I’ll be off to take care of my own things, you kids be good for today,” and with that their manager leaves their dorm.

 

“What important matters are you talking about hyung?” Kai asks, still sitting down on the sofa. Kris turns to face his group members and clasps his hands together, “Just some stuff, I’ll see you guys later on then,” he marches towards his shared room with Lay and enters. He makes his way over to the closet to change into another outfit. The door to the room opens and Lay comes walking in and closes the door softly behind him, “Hey babe,” he calls, walking over to hug Kris’s torso. Kris glances down at his boyfriend’s brown hair and smiles, “Hey you,” he cooes, wrapping his strong and safe arms around Lay’s petite form, “want to come over to my house?”

 

Lay inhales a whiff of Kris’s cologne and shakes his head, his hair tickling Kris’s chest, “I rather go and get the dance routine down,” he answers, placing light butterfly kisses on Kris’s chest. Kris chuckles from being tickled by Lay’s hair and rocks the both of them from side to side, “You sure?”

 

Lay nods, “Go and talk with your mom, I’m sure the both of you miss each other,” he murmurs against Kris’s chest then pries his head away from the torso he loved oh so much, “I’ll be fine,” he says with his warm smile. Kris nods and leans down to capture Lay’s soft lips with his.

 

---

 

“Wow…,” Mrs. Huang exclaims as Tao and her both make their way up the walking aisle of the Wu’s mansion, “this is…amazing,” she gulps. Tao rolls his eyes at his mother’s reaction and continues to follow her and the maid who was currently leading towards the front door, “Mom,” Tao calls.

 

“Yes honey?” Mrs. Huang answers, still examining every single little thing she saw. Tao puffs out his cheeks and runs to catch up with his mother, “About…about that manager position,” he begins but softly since he didn’t want the maid to over hear them.

 

“What about it?” Mrs. Huang asks, finally turning her attention to her son. Tao bites his bottom lip, “I…I think that my job I have right now is perfect for me…I really don’t need a new one…you know?”

 

Mrs. Huang chuckles loudly and pats her son’s back, “Oh honey don’t worry so much, you’ll love this job…trust me,” she grabs Tao’s hand in hers and drags her son towards the front door.

 

“And we’re here,” the maid announces, placing a hand on the door knob, “Mr. and Mrs. Wu are expecting the both of you,” she tells the mother and son with a smile. The maid opens the door and walks inside, “Welcome to the Wu’s Mansion,” she steps to the side to allow Mrs. Huang and Tao to enter.

 

“Wow…,” Mrs. Huang was left speechless. In front of her was a huge opening with a chandelier hanging right down in the middle of the entry way. Under the chandelier was a dark brown round wooden table with a vase of white flowers sitting in the middle. Behind the small brown wooden table was another smaller room which had a double door which leads to the back yard. Beside the double door were two windows that reached the top and bottom of the door. Beside the windows were two vase flowers that were placed right into the carving of the wall that was made to be shelves. Beside the carved in shelves were two entrances to two different rooms and beside those two entrances were more flowers. Now back to the main entrance where the chandelier was at, around the single and double antique sofas placed up against the wall and around that huge walking space were two stairs that curved along the wall which lead to the second floor.

 

“Go ahead and have a seat in the guest room, I’ll inform Mr. and Mrs. Wu that the both of you have arrived,” the maid leads Mrs. Huang and Tao into the guest room, gives them a bow and disappears.

 

“This place is amazing Taoer,” Mrs. Huang squeals as she pulls her son towards the sofa to sit down. Tao pouts as his mother drags him to sit and puffs out his cheeks even more, “Mom,” he whines but was ignored since his mother was too enthralled by the guest room as well.

 

The guest living room had crème colored walls with huge curtains draping down from the windows. The room had a total of three windows, two big ones and one small one. The small one was in a shape of a circle and was smacked dabbed in the middle of the two big ones. The two big ones were beside the small round window. The top of the two windows were a half shaped circle and then were connected with a large rectangle window that reached to the ground. Under the small round window was another double door which also leads to the back yard. Beside the door were two wall lights. In the middle of the room laid a rug, four single sofas and two three seated sofas. In the middle of the rug and sofas was a squared see through coffee table that had round corners. Beside the two long three seated sofas were oval shaped lamp tables at teach sides of the sofas. The ceiling had three huge lights that were shaped in a rectangle which started from one end of the ceiling and stretched all the way to the other end. By having that kind of lighting made the room much much brighter than it already was.

 

“This room is gorgeous as well Taoer,” Mrs. Huang tells her son and clutches his arm. Tao sighs and rolls his eyes at his mother, “Mom…you’re not paying attention to what I have to say to you.” Mrs. Huang turns to look at her son and gives him a cheeky smile, “Ah…yes, you were saying?”

 

“I was saying that…”

 

“Fang, Taoer,” Mrs. Wu’s voice came and cut Tao off before he got the chance to say anything to his mother. Fang, Tao’s mother, hops off of the sofa and runs over to greet her long time friend, “Chun!”

 

Mrs. Wu chuckles as Fang hugs her tightly, “How have you been Fanger?” Mrs. Wu asks. Mrs. Huang pries herself away from Mrs. Wu and jumps up and down like a child, “I’m doing great Chun jiejie.” Chun grabs Fang’s hand and leads her back to Tao who was still sitting down, “Taoer,” she calls. Tao stands up and bows to Mrs. Wu, “Nice to see you again ai yi.” Mrs. Wu squeals and runs up to give Tao a huge hug, “You’re still polite and adorable as ever,” she pulls away from Tao and pinches his cheeks, “and you’ve gotten much much taller.”


Tao chuckles and nods, “So I have ai yi.”

 

“Please have a seat Feng meimei and Taoer,” Mrs. Wu motions for the both of them to sit down.

 

“Where is Enlai gege?” Mrs. Haung asks.

 

“Enlai is still preparing some fruit dish for us to snack on, I was wanting to do that but he insisted on me to come greet the both of you,” Mrs. Wu answers. She reaches out and grabs a hold of Mrs. Huang’s hand, “So how have my meimei been hm?”

 

Mrs. Huang smiles widely at Mrs. Wu, “I’ve been good jiejie, just going to work and come back home to cook a healthy meal for my son,” she answers, glancing at Tao when she said that. Tao smiles at the both of them.

 

“And how has my Taoer been?” Mrs. Wu asks Tao this time.

 

“I’ve been doing really good ai yi. I’ve just graduated and…”

 

Mrs. Wu gasps loudly which caused Tao to stop talking, “Oh I forgot Taoer that you graduated last year,” she smacks herself on the forehead, “Sorry that your shushu and I didn’t get you anything.” Tao gives Mrs. Wu a smile and shakes his head, “It’s okay ai yi,” he says. Mrs. Wu lets out a heavy sigh and stands up, “Give me a moment, let me tell Enlai to go and buy you a present.”

 

Tao immediately stands up from the sofa and grabs Mrs. Wu’s wrist, “No aiyi it’s okay,” he exclaims, “it really is.” Mrs. Wu chuckles and pats Tao on the cheek, “Taoer, you remember what aiyi told before right?”


Tao gives her nod and averts his eyes to the rug, “Whatever aiyi says aiyi will do,” he answers.

 

“Perfect, aiyi will be back okay? You two just sit and wait for me,” she pulls away from Tao’s grasps before leaving him and his mother alone again in the guest room. Tao falls down beside Mrs. Huang and combs his hands through his hair, “Aiyi really didn’t need to do that,” he mutters. Mrs. Huang chuckles and pats her son’s back, “Aiyi only wants to give you something, don’t worry too much about it okay?” Mrs. Huang tells her son. Tao groans and buries his face into his hands.

 

---

 

Kris pays the taxi driver and exits the yellow car. He walks up to the huge squared double door gate with two circles carved onto each side of the gate and opens it. He walks down the cobbled stone walkway that leads him straight towards the mansion’s front door. He unlocks the mansion with the key he had and enters the mansion, “Mom!” Kris calls, not bothering to take off his shoes as he makes his way up the stairs to the second floor. Kris walks down the red carpeted floored hallway, makes a right turn and walks down another hallway until he reached a certain room. He knocks on the door first before opening it, “Mom,” he calls again but there was no one inside, “hm…I guess mom isn’t in her room,” he closes the door behind him and makes his way back downstairs.

 

Just as he reached the bottom of the steps, one of the mansion maid comes walking past him with a tray of fruit dishes, “Wait,” he calls. The maid jumps a little from Kris’s voice and turns to face him, “Yifan!” she gasps loudly and bows to him, “when…”

 

“Have you seen my mom?” he asks, not caring that he had cut the maid off before she got to finish her sentence. The maid nods and nudges her head towards the direction of the guest living room, “Your mother should be in the guest living room Yifan,” she answers him. Kris smiles, “Thanks,” he hops off the last step and quickly ran towards the guest living room, “mom,” he calls as he enters the room. Kris stops in his tracks as he sees two unfamiliar heads in the room, both of them obviously not belonging to his mother, “Who…”

 

Mrs. Huang glances up at Kris and smiles widely as she still remembers how Kris looked like, “Yifan,” she shouts happily, running over to give him a huge hug.

 

“Um…,” Kris glances down at Mrs. Huang and wonders who this lady is and why was she calling him by his real name and why in the world is she hugging him. Mrs. Huang pulls away from Kris and cups his face into her hands, “Ai yah you have not change since you were young,” she says.

 

“Uh…do I…”

 

“Yifan…what a pleasant surprise,” Mrs. Wu calls as she walks into the room with two maids following behind with trays in their hands, “go ahead and place those two trays on the table,” she orders the maids.

 

“Mom?” Kris calls.

 

Mrs. Wu walks up to Kris and places a hand on his back, “You don’t remember Mrs. Huang?” she asks. Kris glances at his mom and then his eyes widen, “You mean…” he averts his attention to the lady in front of him, “Aiyi!” he calls, scooping the smaller lady into a huge hug. Mrs. Huang chuckles as Kris hugs her tightly before placing her back on her feet, “How have you been aiyi?” he asks. Mrs. Huang chuckles and pats Krs’s face, “Your aiyi has been very well thank you,” she answers.

 

“Yifan,” Mrs. Wu calls again.

 

“Yeah?” Kris anwers. Mrs. Wu takes his hand and drags him towards Tao who was now standing on his feet, “You remember…”

 

“Taoer!” Kris calls excitedly. He wraps his arms around Tao’s waist and picks him up from the floor.
 

“GEGE!!!!!” Tao squeals from freight. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'll be doing double or maybe triple updates daily until I run out of time. LOL.