Chapter 5

Difference

A/N: Do read and comment! Probably subscribe too, if you find this fic okay and want to read the rest of the chapters. :) Thanks!

*****************************************************************************************************

Song of the Chapter: E.R. by Dalmatian

 

 

[Present; Jongsuk’s POV]

 

I dashed into my room, feeling sick. I lied on my bed, closed my eyes shut and focused to my own breathing. The last thing I want to care was the world or whatever around me. I had to refocus a few times before I could find peace.

 

I was raging. Whatever had happened in the forest behind my house, I didn’t want to remember it.

 

Who does he think he is? There were a million of people in the planet but why me? Have I met him before that happened? Did I ever touch him until just now? Because of his boredom and his bloody hundredth birthday, I’m cursed with this life.

 

Tears fell. Those tears meant nothing now anymore. What can I cry over? I lost my life and I can’t even get close to my family and Woobin and Soojung. I had to kill to live, this monster in me. I’m always thirsty for blood. I had to separate myself from my old world just to protect the people I care.

 

Lee Jongsuk is a stranger to himself. He can’t do any good for anyone including himself. The only thing that he took with him was his name. When time comes, he had to leave everything behind… even his name. Is that… reality?

 

I felt lonely. There was no one to talk to. I’m now alone. Woobin was the only friend I had and I had a family. In one second, everything was robbed from me. My happiness, my future, myself…

 

Damn that Daniel Choi.

 

“Damn me?” A voice said.

 

I shot up as soon as I detected the familiar voice. My eyes were wide. “How the heck did you get here?”

 

“Easy,” he said, smiling sarcastically. “I followed your smell. A typical vampire’s, but yours filled with hatred. You hate me?” This damned vampire laughed.

 

My fist wanted to punch that face so much but I restrained myself. “Get the hell out of here,” I said darkly. “If you don’t, I’ll make you or kill you.”

 

“Oh! I’m afraid,” he scoffed.

 

“You asked for it, you son-of-a-.” I caught him by the collar but he grabbed my wrist and twisted it.

 

“I know how you feel and it’s not your fault but it was mine,” he said, sighing. His strong grip didn’t leave my wrist. “I came here to say I’m sorry and I was wrong. I was too immature with myself and I, like you, wanted a pal. Hundred years was hard enough, travelling here and there but I hadn’t found an acquaintance. All I met was the creator – the first ever – and the person who made me into this. I wanted answers. He lived in the dark and far away from we are now.” He let go of my wrist.

 

He went into my room and sat on my single bed. “I was like you too at first. I didn’t expect anything to happen too but it did. When I met the person who turned me into this, I killed him.” He laughed a little. “I killed him and I vanished from this place to another until I settled here again nine years ago. I met the original one in early twenties. He was young, a little bit older than me and he wasn’t cold like how I pictured him. Actually, I thought he’d look like Dracula. But he was good-looking.”

 

He paused. “Did I just tell you my story?”

 

“You did.”

 

“You wanna listen to more? Have you…?”

 

“I don’t care and yes, I have.”

 

He smiled. “Well then, good boy.” He stared at his hands. He looked like his mind was already way back in the past. “When he grabbed my hand, he told me: ‘Be strong’. Of course I was strong; I lived for a hundred years now. I was born in 1886 and that ing vampire turned me in 1913. Well, I killed that ing thing in… was it two or three years after I was… born again?” Daniel shrugged. “I can’t be bothered of his pleas, begging me not to kill him. He was capable of killing me but… probably he’d seen me as his son.”

 

I wet my lips. “Aren’t you aware that I want to kill you too?”

 

He chuckled. “I can sense hatred in your voice and even your aura. But you should know that I can kill you too. I don’t even care. Anyway, can you do anything special?” He asked.

 

My brows furrowed. “Like what?”

 

“Everyone called it a special gift, but I call it the sixth sense. It’s an ability that one possessed. But only some,” he explained briefly.

 

“No,” I shrugged. “I thought those belonged in movies and TVs.”

 

You thought, but I could sense aura and such. And before you ask what kind of ‘such’ is such, I could see the past, like how those vampires on movies and series sees the future.”

 

I shrugged. “I don’t know, I’ve never discovered them. And why are you asking me questions now? Can’t you go home or something? Go travelling then, we’ll see each other in a few years and I’ll kill you then.” I made my way downstairs.

 

He raised his voice, tagging along in my back. “Why are you being rude to me? I said I was sorry and I wanted to be good right now. To make things straight and right, to explain and defend myself.”

 

I stopped. I breathe in and yet, my breath was shaky. “I’m just like you were. I hated my creator but I don’t think killing is a solution. I don’t see you as a father just because you made me into this. I hope you don’t see me as your son. Just get out of here, while I’m still being nice.”

 

There was silence. “Okay.”

 

I heard Daniel’s footfall began to fade behind me and the entrance opened and closed.

 

I could breathe better now. Shaky but better.

 

His bulls made sense now. Daniel now saw me as his son but I don’t view him as a father. My father is my father and he is not Daniel. Not and never in forever as long as I lived.