Usual Morning

Brothers for Life (Second Version)

 

Yunho opened his eyes to the sound of his doorbell. He growled into his pillow. And, when the ringing didn’t stop, he sat up and put his robe. He yanked open the door to see his grandfather’s bodyguards standing outside it with their stern uninterested expressions. The both of them bowed politely at him and gave him an envelope.

“Good morning, young master, your grandfather wishes to have a family dinner tonight. He gave us order to come here and ask if Young Master Yunho can make it,” one of the bodyguards looked him in the eyes and asked in a flat tone.

Yunho scratched the back of his head and lifted the envelope in his hand up. “What’s this?” he asked irritably.

“I’m sorry, young master, for not explaining it before. It is a case your grandfather wants you to handle,” the other one explained.

“Whose case is this?” Yunho asked again starting to show interest to the envelope and tried to take a peek inside.

“Your uncle.”

“Uncle Donghwa?”

“Yes. Every details are inside.”

Yunho sighed. What a good morning he had. He got a case to think about only ten seconds after he opened his eyes. It was from his grandfather and about his own father’s little brother. He really had to take it seriously. Well, it was not like he never took his cases seriously before, but he had to win this and win this fast. It was not like some cases he handled before. The pressure was too much.

“Fine, tell my grandfather I’ll be at his place and tell my uncle I want to talk about every details with him tonight. I’ll study this case during lunch.” Yunho waved the envelope to tell the bodyguards to leave him. He needed more sleep because he had another case to handle right now and he was staying in his office until late last night.

“Do you need any assistance, Young Master Yunho?”

Yunho massaged his temple and looked at them harshly. “Do I look like I need an assistance?!”

“Just making sure, young master,” they answered together like robots without fear.

“Good. Now leave.”

“Good morning, young master.” They bowed again, but Yunho didn’t see it because he already closed the door.

“Only a grandson of former Mayor of Seoul, but I feel like a royal prince,” he mocked his own life. He walked back to his bedroom and put the envelope on his working table on the way there.

“Who was it, hyung?” A voice held his steps back. Yunho turned around to find Changmin standing by the kitchen doorframe with a mug of hot chocolate. “You seem upset,” Changmin continued innocently.

“Why are you here?” Yunho looked at him sharply, “And why are you using my mug?”

Changmin shruged. “I just thought you’d have something to eat here in your apartment. But, when I came, you were still asleep. So, I serve my own self. That’s okay, hyung.”

“No! That’s not okay, Changmin! I’m not okay with you sneaking into my apartment without my permission!”

“I’m not sneaking into your apartment without your permission, hyung,” Changmin pouted like a child, his own way to take his hyungs’ hearts, “when I came, I went to your room and asked you if it’s okay to have a breakfast here and you said yes!”

“I was sleep-talking, Changmin! Jeez!” Yunho yelled and put his hands up in the air to show how frustrated he was.

“So, it’s my fault?” Changmin frowned.

“Yes-Wait! This isn’t really the problem. The real problem is how did you get in here?”

“You left your keys in my studio two weeks ago, remember?” Changmin rolled his eyes.

Yunho gasped and wanted to choke Changmin so badly. “So, that’s where my keys went, huh? Why don’t you tell me?! You could’ve called! And, we saw each other four days ago!!”

“Jeez, hyung! Stop with the yelling. It’s annoying.”

“You are annoying!” Yunho took a step and pretended like took his bag on the couch. “I should’ve known that Jae hyung would welcome me nicer than him,” he mumbled to himself and left.

Yunho sighed. Finally peace. He knew Changmin was upset because he treated him like that, but he wouldn't be mad for a really long time.

Why does everyone keep bugging me in the morning?

Ding-dong! Ding-dong! Ding-dong! Ding-dong! Ding-dong!

YAH!” Jaejoong yelled from his kitchen. He took the napkin and dried his hands with it. “Who doesn’t have enough manner to ring my doorbell this early morning?” he mumbled to himself.

When he opened his door, he saw Changmin's grinning at him. “Of course, it is you, Changmin-ah,” he said while stepping to the side to let him get inside.

“Yunho hyung kicked me out of his apartment when I asked for breakfast,” he turned around to look at Jaejoong and Jaejoong laughed when he saw the pout on Changmin’s face.

“Can’t make breakfast for your own self?” he asked while dragging him to the kitchen.

Changmin shook his head. “The microwave broke down yesterday.” He let his bag slips away from his shoulder and fell to the floor. Jaejoong’s apartment was like his own apartment and Jaejoong would never ever kick him out of it.

“Well, you still have a stove. What happens with it?” Jaejoong asked softly to Changmin like he was five again. He let Changmin go when he found the dinner table and sat down quietly.

Changmin shruged, didn't want to answer it because, he knew, Yunho and Jaejoong knew too, he was just too lazy to make his own breakfast in his apartment. Changmin prefered driving to some place to have breakfast rather than making it himself. He'd been doing it for the past year, ever since he got back from Italy for three years. Every morning he’d have breakfast in one of his hyungs’ apartments, his parent’s house, or his sister’s place, it depended on which of them were welcoming him with open hands and goof foods. The truth was Changmin just felt like he had missed three years of his life without them in Italy and he wanted to pay for that.

“How did you know I’m free?”

Changmin shruged again. This time, he looked up and watched as Jaejoong danced around the kitchen, cooking. “Heart to heart connection.”

Jaejoong knew Changmin was just teasing with his sarcastic jokes. But, he still let his heart flutters a bit. “Aaaaw~ did our Minnie hit his head on the way here?” Jaejoong teased back.

Changmin rolled his eyes. “Food! Hurry!” he whined, trying to change the subject. He knew these guys for more than a decade now, but he wass still ashamed every time they talked or acted sweetly toward each other purposely. The hyungs knew that and a lot about that.

“Here you are, young master,” Jaejoong said while putting the scramble eggs and bacons on the plate in front of him.

Changmin’s “WOHOO!” and Jaejoong’s laugh were all over the apartment. Until his doorbell started ringing again and Yoochun’s with his shade showed up in front of the door.

“Hangover. I need your coffee,” he said in low voice. Jaejoong just noded and let him step inside the apartment.

“Chunnie hyung?” Changmin called innocently from the kitchen with a cute questioning expression that Jaejoong wanted to squeeze him so hard.

“Yeah, it’s me, Min,” Yoochun answered lazily before he laid down on Jaejoong’s couch.

Changmin took his plate and brought it to the living room where Yoochun tried to rest his throbbing head. Jaejoong was making Yoochun some traditional recipe from his grandmother that he always gave to Yoochun whenever he came with hangover. But, Yoochun always thought it was coffee.

Yoochun lived only a few buildings away from Jaejoong’s apartment and he barely took care of himself. When he needed help, with food and everything, he’d go to Jaejoong’s right away.

“You okay, hyung?” Changmin whisperd, munching his breakfast.

Yoochun closed his eyes. His shade never left his eyes. “Just went partying too much with the stewardesses last night.” He smirked.

“Sure, you did,” Changmin replied without any interest to know more about it and went back to the kitchen at the same time Jaejoong went out with a hot cup of something in his hand.

“Drink,” Jaejoong wass giving him the cup.

Yoochun sat up and cringed a little because of the pain. He drank it and tried to control his own breathing. When he looked up, Jaejoong was eyeing him intensely. And, he knew it was the look of scolding in Jaejoong’s way. He was trying to say that you’re being immature and irresponsible and we’re not in our early twenties anymore and bla bla bla and, finally, grow up, Chun. Jaejoong was probably too speechless to even speak the words now since he'd been dealing with this ever since they were in high school and he knew, everyone knew, Yoochun would never listen when he was being scold about this.

“Don’t give me that look, hyung, you know it’s a mix of jetlag and alcohol. I just flew back from London before went to the party. So, I don’t hangover entirely because of the alcohol,” Yoochun looked away timidly.

“Just…when will you grow up, Chun?” Jaejoong rolled his eyes and left while Yoochun laid back to the couch and tried to get some sleep.

“Finish your breakfast, Min?”

“Yes! I just got an emergency text from Junsu hyung. He said I need to stop by at his place before I go to the studio,” Changmin was looking at the screen of his phone. “What do you think it’s about?” He looked up and stared at Jaejoong with his big brown eyes.

Jaejoong shruged. “I don’t know. If it’s you he contacts, then it must be about games or something. When he gets intro trouble, he must be already calling Yunho and Yunho’s probably calling my number by now. So, I guess, it’s nothing to worry about.”

Changmin frowned. “So, you mean I’m not important that he only texts or calls me about games?”

“Why are you so sensitive in the morning?”

“I am not!”

“You are.”

“Am not!”

“You are.”

“Am-“

YAH!” Yoochun yelled from the living room. Both Jaejoong and Changmin tilted their heads to the unmoving-but-can-make-a-loud-sound object on the couch. When they were sure Yoochun had calmed down, they continued their conversation.

“You wanna come, hyung?” Changmin asked like they weren’t arguing before.

“No,” he shook his head softly while checking through his laptop on the dinner table for an email or the latest fashion news, “I have a meeting around eleven and I have to take care that wounded pilot out there before I leave. Make sure he’s ready for his next ‘battle’.” He tilted his head again toward Yoochun’s direction.

Changmin noded. “Okay, I’ll see you soon, hyung, and thank you for the breakfast.”

“Alright. I love you, Min, drive safe.”

“Love you too,” Changmin walked out.

“You said you need my help. What is it?” Changmin steped inside the place once Junsu opened the door.

Junsu looked down to the floor. He knew exactly that this was the end of his pride because after this, Changmin would never ever forget that he was asking a favor about video game.

“I-I need your help.”

“What’s your situation?” Changmin asked cockily while throwing his body to the couch on the living room. He took the remote TV and looked through the channels.

“Can’t get through level 26…” Junsu bit his bottom lip.

Changmin snorted at the answer. “So, after this you’ll really admit my ability is waaay beyond you?”

Junsu nodded hesitantly. “I guess…”

“You guess? You know, hyung, I can leave now. I really have to go to the studio. I don’t want to waste my precious time because there are stuffs I need to finish before my-”

“Okay! Okay! You are better than me. Happy? Now help get through this because I need to get to the level 30 before Kyuhyun’s back from United States!”

Changmin looked at him weirdly then stoof up and walked to the game room. He knew precisely where could it be since he always came here whenever he needed someone to mess around and an enemy to play with. “What kind of CEOs are you guys?”

“Hey! You know that this is one of the unreleased games from Kyuhyun’s company! He-he wants me to test it before he sells it to the public.”

“You stutter when you lie, hyung. You’re just going to have a competition with him once he’s back from US and you know that he has got to level 30 when he stays in US,” Changmin said while opening the door of the game room and getting comfortable on the couch. He took the game stick and started to handle the monster on the screen.

The five of them really liked to hang out together in a club or some crowded place, that's for sure, but, sometimes, they just met each other in one of their apartments and it depended on what they really needed at the time. Jaejoong had the best kitchen among the five of them. So, when they needed a lot of good foods and, also, the best advice about fashion, they’d go to his place. Junsu had the most complete and the most advanced game room. His apartment was the first place they’d go to when they needed to relax and feel like they were still in junior high again. Yunho’s place was located in the center of the city; it was close to everywhere. So, when they needed a place to stop by, he’d be the first person they think about. Yoochun had the biggest apartment with so many extra rooms that he usually used for party. When they needed to sleepover and a place to stay, they’d go to him. Beside, he lived in the same neighborhood with Jaejoong. Changmin’s place was what they really called home with cozy and peaceful feelings and it was located the farthest from the center of the city. When they needed to get away, they’d definitely go to his apartment.

“You know, I only have an hour, okay? I have to go to the studio to prepare the exhibition. You’ll come, right?” he asked in the middle of shooting arrows to the monster’s head.

“Sure. We never missed your exhibitions before unless they’re overseas, right?” Junsu looked at him for a while. When Changmin tilted his head to look back at him and nodded, he continued, “Well, we’re not gonna start now.”

Changmin nodded again. He continued the game with full focus. But, he smiled unknowingly.

 

 


FIRST CHAPTER~ I hope you guys like the affection between them. Well, it's not much, but there's something, right? Subscribe and leave a comment please. ENJOY :D