Off Limits

SPECTRUM (discontinued)

“Please don’t think I’m crazy when I tell you this!”  Sehun blurted out the instant Jongin opened the door.

“O…kay…”  Jongin furrowed his brows as the other enter his apartment even without an invitation.  “What’s going on?”
 
“Jongin, I’m going crazy.”  Sehun settled himself on the couch and looked down at the floor.
 
“You just told me not to think you’re crazy and now you’re saying you’re crazy?  What the is going on, Sehun?”
 
Sehun shot his head up to look at his best friend, who was now standing by his side, and swallowed hard before revealing his problem.  “I think I like him.”  He reverted back to looking at the ground.
 
Jongin didn’t know who “he” was but the thought of Sehun liking someone shocked him.  He hadn’t reduced himself to “best friend” status just so he could watch Sehun fall for someone else.  No.  He had stuck around and did everything he could to make Sehun happy in hopes that his partner would realizes his feelings some day.  He didn’t care if the things he did made him look like a fool or a bad guy, it was all for Sehun’s happiness.
 
Jongin sat down slowly next to Sehun and put a hand on the other’s lap.  “Who is it?”  He asked, trying not to sound angry and too affected.  Sehun didn’t look at his partner and just groaned while shaking his head.  “Come on, tell me.”
 
“Someone I shouldn’t like.  Someone off limits.”  Sehun lifted his head and finally looked at his partner.  
 
Jongin squinted his eyes and thought for a moment before taking a guess.  “Kris?”
 
Sehun chuckled lightly at Jongin and shook his head.  “Promise me you won’t kill me?”
 
“I promise I won’t kill you, now spill.”
 
“...Luhan.”  Sehun his lips nervously after saying the boys name, he could only wait for Jongin’s reaction.
 
“Well,”  Jongin began as he got up and took a few step away from Sehun.  He put his hands on his hips and turned his back to Sehun, “that was unexpected, but you do realized he’s just a boy, right?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“And also part of the Chinese Mafia?”
 
“Yup.”
 
“And you’re ready to get your balls chopped off by them?”
 
“Jongin!”  Sehun grunted.  “It’s not like I want to get in his pants.”  He tried to explain but it wasn’t entirely true.
 
Jongin turned around to look at Sehun with his knowing eyes.  “If I remember correctly, you haven’t had anyone since our last escapade, so don’t tell me you’re not ually frustrated and don’t want a piece of his !”
 
“Okay, fine!”  Sehun admitted angrily.  “Yeah, sure, I want to get in his pants but I know my limits.  I’m not a stupid, hormonal teenager anymore.  I just…” he sighed, “…needed to get it out..”  Sehun just sat there, looking at the ground again while Jongin looked at him.
 
“So, what are you gonna do now?”  Jongin asked.  “Do you need me to get on all fours for you again?  It’s been awhile, you know?”  He chuckled.
 
“I’m not that desperate,”  Sehun laughed at his best friends joke, “and that’s not what I meant when I said I needed to get it out.”  He leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes as he rested his head against the back.  “Don’t worry, I’ll do my job, you just have to keep me grounded.”
 
Sehun was unaware of the expression Jongin was wearing, hurt and longing and pain but Jongin also had fire in his eyes; he wasn't about to let Sehun get taken away from him by anyone.  He would make sure Sehun stayed rooted to him.
 
#
 
Jongin returned to school the next day.  Sehun had stayed the night at Jongin’s and they had talked a bit more about Sehun’s situation but moved on to teasing each other to lighten things up.  Sehun couldn’t help but tease his partner about getting hurt by a metal door though and Jongin hadn’t been too happy about it but he played along because it made Sehun laugh.
 
When Sehun arrived in first period, Luhan wasn’t there but his bag and books were set on his desk.  The detective sighed in relief; he needed to mentally (and maybe physically) prepare himself before seeing the beautiful Chinese boy again.  He went to sit at his desk and could only wait for Luhan’s return but the boy wasn’t back even after the bell had rung.  Sehun got a little worried after waiting for another 10 minutes.
 
“Mrs. Park, may I go to the bathroom?”  Sehun stood up and asked, already making his way to the door.  Mrs. Park just signed and gave him permission with a wave.
 
Sehun practically ran through the school halls, looking in bathrooms and empty classrooms to see if there were any signs of Luhan.  Maybe he was overreacting but if anything happened to the boy, Sehun and Jongin would here from the Commissioner and who knows what Luhan’s father would do.  He continued to run through the school, hearting racing from running and worry.  Just when he decided to take a break against the wall, a female student came running to him.
 
“You’re Sehun, right?”  She asked, breathless.  “Luhan’s friend?”  Sehun could only nod while trying to catch his own breath.  “Um…I just saw Chun and Chon take him to the boys bathroom on the far East side.  I think you should hurry!”
 
 

Yay, here it is!  THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!  Sorry, no SeKai ! xD I know~ it's a short chapter that has a bad cliffhanger BUT you love it anyway, right!?  HAHA!   gettin' real now, yalls! xD Just kidding.  Okay, I feel like this story is moving kinda fast now that I'm kinda rereading through it.  Anyone think it's going too fast?  Or too slow?  Or...anything?  Mmk well, see yall in the next chapter, whenever that is =P

Thank you to everyone wishing me to get better!  I think it did the trick 'cause I'm feeling quite a lot better now!

QUESTION:  Do yall want the HunHan relationship to start yet?  Or do yall still want this awkward going on?  Because I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna have to start writing as I go.  It's all in your hands~ you tell me!

Thanks everyone! <3

I'll make a poster for this story later =X