Day in Down

Dealing with a Diva

"Surprise!" Key shouted, holding a large, gift-wrapped box out to his boyfriend.

"What's this?" Jonghyun laughed, taking the box and shaking it lightly.

"A present!'

"Why?"

"What, can a guy not surprise his own boyfriend every so often?"

Jonghyun laughed again, setting the box down on the dining room table in front of him. "Alright then, but I'm not sure if I can trust you," he joked, and Key gave him a playful shove to the shoulder. "Can I open it now?"

Key glanced briefly at the clock, which read 7.30 pm. Turning back to Jonghyun, he nodded vigorously. "Go ahead! You'll have to wait until after dinner to use it, though~"

Jonghyun grinned and tore through the paper, causing Key to giggle at how puppy-like his boyfriend looked.

The last bits of paper fell away to reveal a large down comforter wrapped in plastic with a white label stuck to the side identifying it as queen-sized--exactly the bed size that happened to be in Key and Jonghyun's room.

"Oh, so this is actually for you!" Jonghyun teased, a grin painting his features as he shoved his boyfriend playfully.

"It's for both of us! And I thought that I might make it into a little thing since it's been while since I did something for you, but you do stuff for me all the time, so you know..." he trailed off, looking at the floor sheepishly.

Jonghyun smiled and came forward, dipping his head down and tilting his chin up so he could capture Kibum's lips in a sweet kiss, his fingers coming up to the blonde's chin. Pulling back, he smiled warmly at his boyfriend. "Thank you. I love it, and I can't wait to use it with you tonight," he said, and Kibum's smile was enough to make Jonghyun feel like his heart was about to beat out of his chest in happiness.


Later, after a very rushed dinner and two lightning-fast showers, the couple worked together to pull all of the old, worn-down blankets and quilts off the bed, replacing them with the thick, white comforter. After changing into pajamas--a grey t-shirt and flannel pants for Key and a pair of black sweats and no top for Jonghyun--the pair climbed underneath the spread of white fluffiness.

They spent the first ten minutes engaged in a serious tickle war under the covers, which Key finally ended by smacking Jonghyun across the face with a pillow. 

Panting and giggling, the couple settled into each other's arms. Neither of them cared enough to turn around and check the clock or their phones or anything, instead satisfied to curl up into each other and whisper about everything and nothing. 

"How much did this actually cost, Kibum?" Jonghyun asked during a lull in the conversation, one of his hands absently running through his boyfriend's blonde locks. 

Key shrugged. "Not too much. Don't worry about it, Jjong."

But Jonghyun pressed on. "Kibum, how much did you pay for this?"

Key sighed. "It was about 90,000 won, okay? Plus shipping made it about 100,000 total. I've been saving up to get you something like this."

Immediately, Jonghyun's hand stilled in Key's hair as he gaped at the blonde. 100,000 won? Kibum, that's way too much!"

"Jonghyun, it's a gift! I saved up for this! I didn't cut into our rent money or our food money! And I wanted to do something special for you," Key pouted.

Jonghyun sighed, his voice softening. "Kibummie, you know I don't like it when you spend too much money on me," he said, moving his hand to brush some blonde bangs out of Kibum's face.

"But you always spend money on me, and I thought you deserved something like this since it's getting too cold for us to keep using all those old quilts," Key protested, his voice softening as he pressed a quick, sweet kiss to Jonghyun's nose. "You should let me treat you sometimes," he whispered. "I always feel like a bad boyfriend when I don't."

Jonghyun smiled softly. "You could never be a bad boyfriend, Bummie. I love you too much."

As it always did when Jonghyun said those words, Kibum's heart skipped a beat and he felt his cheeks heat up ever so slightly as Jonghyun caught his lips in a kiss.

They spent the next couple of hours whispering to each other about silly, unimportant things ranging from pointless jokes to the latest movie they had seen together. Finally, Kibum snuggled into Jonghyun, yawning. "I love you, Jjong. You know that, right?' he whispered, his eyes fluttering shut so that his lashes kissed against Jonghyun's neck, causing the older to shudder slightly. 

"Of course, Bummie. And I love you too. Always," he replied, matching Kibum's hushed tone.

Kibum merely hummed in response, and a few seconds later Jonghyun heard his breathing even out, his warm breath fanning against Jonghyun's neck.

Smiling slightly, Jonghyun pressed a kiss to his sleeping boyfriend's forehead. "You have no idea how much you mean to me, Kim Kibum. And words can never even begin to describe how much I love you," he whispered into his boyfriend's hair, drifting off into a comfortable sleep under their new comforter with Kibum safe in his arms.


The next day, the couple didn't do much. They slept in until noon, and neither of them wanted to get up from their new, fluffy, white world. They spent the day watching movies on their laptops and snacking from the stash kept under the bed. Occasionally they got into tickle wars, and at one point they had a full-on pillow fight.

In the whole day, neither of them left the bedroom, and they fell asleep in the same position they had the night before, only this time, Jonghyun fell asleep first, and it was Kibum who fell asleep to his boyfriend's deep, even breaths.


Yay another update~ And within 24 hours too! This must be a new record!

Yeah, I was REALLY bored in drivers ed today, and I had my notebook with me, so this happened. I wrote the ending just now though, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

This was inspired when I spent the night at my grandmother's house on Thursday and she had a really comfortable queen bed with a down comforter and I literally could not get out of bed until like 3pm, even though I woke up at like 1:30.

But anyway, comment with your thoughts! I love to know what people think! :D

~AA