Sleepy Savior

Dealing with a Diva

"Ahhh~" Kibum sighed as he flopped backwards onto the bed.
 

Jonghyun chuckled. "Long day?" He asked, making his way over to the bed and sitting on the edge, reaching over to brush a few blond locks of hair out of his boyfriend's face.

 

Kibum hummed in response, his eyes fluttering shut at Jonghyun's touch. "Yeah, it was...really long," he said through a wide yawn. "And tiring. I just wanna sleep...forever...." his voice trailed off, and he rolled over onto his side, still facing Jonghyun.


Smiling, Jonghyun brushed Kibum's hair out of the way so he could press his lips to the blond's forehead. "I'll be right back," he whispered, only receiving a small hum in response.
 

Jonghyun quietly made his way into the bathroom, where he brushed his teeth and finished getting ready for bed. When he returned to the bed, however, he found his boyfriend sound asleep on the pillow, the blankets still crumpled at the foot of the bed from where the couple had gotten up that morning.


Smiling gently, Jonghyun pulled the white duvet over the blond's sleeping form, pressing another kiss to his head. Moving over to his own side of the bed, Jonghyun got under the duvet himself, curling up on his right side so he was facing the unconscious blond. However, he didn't want to disturb his boyfriend's sleep, so instead of taking the sleeping boy in his arms like he wanted to, he settled for staring at Kibum's peaceful face as he tried to slip out of consciousness himself.


Jonghyun didn't know what time it was when he became fully awake once more, though he knew he couldn't have been completely asleep. He had been drifting in the foggy space between dreams and reality, but a quiet sound from his right had jerked him away from whatever dreams he might have had.


Kibum was whimpering, his eyes moving rapidly under their lids. The blond's eyebrows came together as he hugged his pillow, and he muttered under his breath. "Jong....Jong, no, help me please...." Kibum sobbed once into his pillow before speaking again, his voice a bit louder and more fearful this time. "Jonghyun, no! Please help!"


Jonghyun acted without thinking. Reaching out, the brunet gently grasped Kibum's wrist, pulling him closer and wrapping a hand around the blond's neck, cradling him gently to his chest. "Shhh," the brunet whispered, Kibum's hair gently. "It's okay, Bummie. I'm here. It's okay."


Kibum's breaths quickened, and he tensed slightly, but a sigh escaped his lips as soon as he seemed to realize who it was. Jonghyun felt some of the tension leave his boyfriend's shoulders as he snuggled into the brunet's neck. Jong pressed a final kiss to the top of Kibum's head, rubbing the blond's back soothingly until his breaths evened out once more.


Needless to say, Jonghyun found it much easier to fall asleep with Kibum pressed against his side, safe in his arms.


BONUS: KIBUM'S DREAM

It was dark. Looking around, I saw a familiar figure in the distance. The figure had a short figure and well-built arms, and I knew in a heartbeat that it was you.


I began running towards you, eager to have your comforting presence by my side in this mysterious place. However, no matter how much I ran, you weren't getting any closer. I tried calling out your name, but nothing but a bunch of bubbles and a muffled noise left my lips. I stopped running and clapped my hands over my mouth, a horrible thought entering my mind. Was I drowning?


No, of course not, I could breathe and I had been running--even though I couldn't feel my feet hitting any solid ground under them, I knew I had been running--so there was no way I could be underwater.


Just as I was beginning to calm myself down, however, I felt two sets of rough, unfamiliar hands grab my upper arms, yanking me backwards roughly, away from you. "Jong!" I cried, my words coming out as bubbles again. Shaking my head, I cried out again, my voice clear this time. "Jong!"


I saw your form turn to face me, and for a second I thought I was saved. However, as I watched, you turned around and began walking away, and the hands holding me became rougher in their movements, long, ugly fingernails digging into the pale skin of my arms. "Jong, no!" I called, tears running down my cheeks. "Help me, please!"


You continued to walk away, your form getting smaller and smaller as the hands continued to pull me back. What they were pulling me towards, I didn't know, but I knew that they were taking me away from you, and the fact that you weren't doing anything to stop it made everything twenty times worse.


I was sobbing out your name, begging you to come back. "Jjongie, no! Please help!" I cried, my voice breaking as I gave up on struggling against the evil hands, closing my eyes and letting my head droop as they continued dragging me back into the deep, black unknown.


Suddenly, the rough hands disappeared, and my limp body began to fall to the dark ground. Before I could fully collapse, however, other hands were there, wrapping gingerly around my waist and neck and holding me close. I tensed, wanting to try to fight off the new attacker, until I recognized the hands: they belonged to you, no doubt about it. They had to be yours because I could recognize the smell of your shampoo in your hair mixing with the smell of the mint toothpaste in your mouth, and I could feel the callouses from playing guitar on your hand as it brushed by my left cheek. The gentle, familiar touch was calming, and I buried my face in your neck, breathing in your familiar aroma.


"Shhhh," you whispered in my ear, one of your hands my hair while the other rubbed my back. "It's okay, Bummie. I'm here. It's okay."


I relaxed at your words, sighing as my vision faded to black with you whispering soft, comforting words in my ear, your hand continuing to rub my back in gentle, soothing circles.


Woo another update~

This was inspired by a gif I saw on tumblr but I forgot to reblog it so oh well. 

I added Kibum's dream at the end because I really wanted to write it, and it really helped me develop his character a bit more so yay~

Remember to comment, subscribe, and upvote!

And here's my tumblr if you want it

~AA