Stressful Shopping Spree

Dealing with a Diva

Shopping with Kim Kibum was stressful to say the least. Jonghyun sighed as Kibum dragged him into yet another store, even though both of them were already laden with shopping bags.

He knew it was pointless to protest, but he tried anyway. "Kibum, don't you want to go get something to eat or something?" he asked as Key examined a shoe display. "We've already bought so much-"

Key froze, setting the shoes down slowly. He turned around slowly, his head hanging. He looked up at Jonghyun, and the other boy was horrified to see tears forming in his boyfriend's eyes.

"Alright, Jonghyun, if you really want to leave," Key sniffled. "We can leave. But I was so excited about shopping with you today, but since you obviously don't want to spend time with me-"

Jonghyun cut him off. "No, no, it's okay! It's okay, I love spending time with you, I'm just getting a little hungry is all," he assured, rubbing Key's arm comfortingly.

The other's face lit up, and Jonghyun caught sight of what was unmistakably triumph in Key's eyes. "Okay, let's go!" Key shouted, grabbing Jonghyun's hand and tugging, causing the older to stumble after him.

Jonghyun was forced to try to keep up with Key and make sure he didn't drop any of the shopping bags he was carrying, all while being tugged along by the wrist.

An hour and a half later, Jonghyun and Key finally made it back to their shared apartment. Jonghyun went straight to their bedroom and deposited the shopping bags next to the closet before collapsing on the queen-sized bed.

He heard Key setting down his own bags from across the room, and a few seconds later he felt the bed dip next to him. Jonghyun turned to his boyfriend, opening his eyes.

Kibum looked tired, but happy. Jonghyun wasn't surprised--shopping always put Kibum in a good mood. However, it completely drained Jonghyun of all his energy, especially when his shopping partner was the self-proclaimed Shopping Master of Seoul.

Kibum lifted a hand and gently the side of Jonghyun's face, causing the other's eyes to flutter closed. "Thank you," Kibum whispered, and Jonghyun opened his eyes.

"Why?" he asked, mimicking his boyfriend and keeping his voice at a whisper.

"For coming shopping with me. I know you don't like it much, so it means a lot that you would put up with my three-hour shopping spree."

Jonghyun smiled. "What are boyfriends for?"

Kibum smiled, and Jonghyun's universe suddenly brightened tenfold. Kibum's eyes shined with an emotion Jonghyun couldn't identify, and the older's heart felt like it was expanding to roughly the size of a small watermelon.

So when Kibum closed the distance between them and took his lips in a kiss, Jonghyun couldn't help but smile against his boyfriend's mouth before bringing his hand up to Kibum's face and kissing back.

When they finally parted, they curled up against each other, their legs tangling together, and Jonghyun soon drifted off to sleep to Kibum playing with his hair and whispering small nothings into his ear.


So yeah. That's the first Jongkey drabble. I'm going to attempt to make most of the chapter titles alliteration, because alliteration is awesome(see what I did there), but I may not be able to do that sometimes because I'm actually not as clever as I pretend to be OTL

Also, while some of the chapters may be told in Key's POV, you may have noticed that Jonghyun sometimes mentally refers to Key as "Key" and other times as "Kibum." I'm not going to explain when he uses each name. I'll let you figure that out for yourselves xD only it's not that hard because like I said I pretend to be cleverer than I actually am. But you should know that no matter what he's thinking, Jonghyun always uses "Kibum" when he's speaking to or about Key. He's also the only one Key allows to use his real name.

Comment and let me know what you think of this! It's really short, but I can't really make a prediction about how long each one will be. They'll probably vary a bit.

~AA

Also, be sure to check me out on tumblr! :D