Pinky Promises, First Kiss

Mini-Jongin Guiding Manual

“So let me get this straight; you received a weird package and inside it was a little human being thing who suddenly just grew really large?”

 

Byun Baekhyun’s jaw fell as his best friend, Kyungsoo, nodded. His eyes stared at the other’s deeply, the corner of his lips twitching. Kyungsoo on the other hand didn’t seem like he was going to respond, so his eyes shifted to the creature next to his friend instead. The creature known as Jongin.

 

Jongin had lived with Kyungsoo for about a month now and everything was progressing smoothly. Kyungsoo had calmed down, that was why he decided to share his little encounter with his closest friend.

 

For the past four weeks, Kyungsoo had taught Jongin how to read and write. He was surprisingly a fast learner. His handwriting is still quite messy but at least he understood the words he sees in books. Kyungsoo had originally panicked because Miyoung would probably question Jongin’s stay in their house after a while, but the young woman only grins every now and then (yes, she still thinks that her brother is gay and dating Jongin.)

 

Miyoung even suggested that they go shopping for Jongin, supporting her request by saying that the current way Jongin dresses will make people assume that he’s a homeless person. In the end, they bought many shirts, sweatpants and a suit (“It’s for future usage.” She winked when Kyungsoo asked her why they had to buy it). Kyungsoo had offered to pay but Miyoung refused and after a long argument in front of the counter they finally agreed to split the bill.

 

Back to the present.

 

Jongin was now half-asleep on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. His eyes were droopy and his hair messy. It was still pretty early in the morning. Miyoung left for work early and since it was Saturday, there was no school. Kyungsoo took the opportunity to invite his friend over. He didn’t even bother to shower; not that Baekhyun would mind anyway.

 

“What did your noona say about this?”

 

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo finally responded. “She’s completely fine with it. In fact, she loves having Jongin around. She seems happier now.”

 

“But isn’t she confused? Like, why doesn't he go to school or whatever?”

 

“She did ask about it, so—“

 

“—So…?”

 

“I lied and told her that Jongin is currently looking for online classes to take.” Kyungsoo muttered, and in return his best friend’s jaw dropped once again.

 

“Did she buy it?”

 

“Yeah, she even helped him sign up for free trial classes.”

 

Baekhyun took the time to pause. Jongin looked harmless, or at least, seemingly harmless. Based on Kyungsoo’s stories, the guy doesn’t really do much. He’s extremely clingy and acts like a puppy most of the time. Whatever Kyungsoo says, Jongin obeys. It’s as if he’s scared that Kyungsoo might get angry at him.

 

“And how are those classes coming along?”

 

“It’s fine. Right, Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked the sleepy figure beside him. Jongin rubbed his eyes and nodded.

 

“Noona signed him up for online cooking classes because Jongin seemed to always like watching us cook in the kitchen.”

 

And after that the room fell silent. There wasn’t really anything to talk about anymore. After making sure that Jongin was fully awake, the three headed downstairs for a late breakfast. As the owner of the house, Kyungsoo took the responsibility to cook while Jongin watches with glee in his eyes.

 

Baekhyun sat on the dining table, observing the two. He had to admit, if he hadn't known about the whole package incident, he would think that Kyungsoo and Jongin are a couple.

 

I mean, look at the way he looks at him.

 

He noticed that Kyungsoo was getting uncomfortable under the other’s gaze, so the older asked him to help by washing the rice. Jongin nodded enthusiastically and headed towards the sink.

 

They look like a newly wedded couple.

 

“Jonginnie, do you know the water measurements?”

 

“U-huh!”

 

“Okay, don’t let it overflow.”

 

“Don’t worry Kyungie!”

 

They even have cute nicknames for each other. How cute.

 

After fifteen minutes of watching and waiting, the food was ready to be served. Kyungsoo made a Japanese-style breakfast; steamed sticky rice, egg rolls and miso soup. Jongin helped setting the chopsticks and cups while his ‘master’ carries the meal to the table.

 

Baekhyun took a bite of the eggrolls and squealed. “These are so good!”

 

“Thanks, Jongin loves them too.” The other answered.

 

They ate in almost pure silence. Baekhyun would sometimes look up from his food to see Kyungsoo helping Jongin with his spoon and fork (Jongin isn’t used to using chopsticks yet though Baekhyun found it strange for someone to eat sticky Japanese rice with a spoon). The second time he lifted his head he saw his best friend cleaning small bits of rice stuck on the other’s cheeks.

 

After the meal, Baekhyun offered to help with the dishes to which Kyungsoo declined. He went to the kitchen carrying the dirty plates while Jongin tails after him, cups that needed to be washed in his hands.

 

“That was a great meal, Kyung. I feel so loved~” Baekhyun teased. After washing the plates and cups, the trio headed back to Kyungsoo’s room.

 

“Go make yourself comfortable. You can sleep if you want. I’m going to help Jongin bathe.” Kyungsoo stated, grabbing a fresh shirt and sweatpants from his wardrobe. Those were too large for him, indicating that they’re for Jongin.

 

“I think I’m going home. I have homework to do. But I can come over tomorrow if you like. My parents are out of town anyways so, yeah.”

 

“Sure!”

 

Baekhyun bid them farewell and the two disappeared into the bathroom.

 

***

Jongin took his clothes off and his shorts soon followed afterwards. He was already used to doing the daily things he needed to do: walking, taking off his clothes, eating (with a spoon and fork, of course) and using Kyungsoo’s laptop to take his online classes.

 

“Get in the tub while I fill it with warm water.” Kyungsoo instructed. The other simply followed.

 

Jongin let his body get soaked in the water and closed his eyes. He was still sleepy but it would be impolite to keep sleeping when his beloved had a guest. He loves Kyungsoo with all his heart and he was not going to let himself disappoint him.

 

Kyungsoo squeezed a generous amount of shampoo on his palms and started massaging Jongin’s head. He felt Jongin’s muscles relax under his hands.

 

“Mmmh, Kyungie…” Jongin mumbled.

 

“Does it feel good?”

 

“U-huh!”

 

“Haha, okay.”

 

He continued to massage the taller boy’s head—yes, Kyungsoo had finally admitted that Jongin is, in fact, taller and manlier than him. But only on the outside though. On the inside, Jongin is like a cute little puppy that demands attention. He’s also very loyal and would do anything to make him smile.

 

After Jongin bathed and got dressed, it was Kyungsoo’s turn to shower. He knew how anxious Jongin might become if he leaves him for too long so he quickly washed his hair and body then came out. After changing his clothes, he joined the other on the bed.

 

“Kyungie?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Today is a good day.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

Jongin scooted closer to Kyungsoo and the two’s eyes locked. “Because I get to wake up next to you.”

 

Kyungsoo stirred in his sleep, annoyed by the ray of sunshine emitting from the window. He mentally cursed himself for being too lazy to close the curtains properly. Sighing, he rubbed his eyes. But, instead of seeing the sunlight, his eyes met a pair of closed ones.

 

‘Oh, Jongin’s still asleep.’ He said in his mind, examining the other’s features.

 

Kyungsoo hardly has time nowadays to be lazy in bed. He needs to get up early every Monday until Friday because of school. On Saturdays he would sometimes wake up early to go shopping or run errands as well. On Sundays, just as he thinks he has some time off, the idea of homework pops up and he ends up being busy again.

 

But today was different.

 

He caressed Jongin’s soft, tan cheeks, earning a small mewl from the other. Kyungsoo’s eyes then travelled from Jongin’s sharp nose to his wonderfully sculpted lips. It was as if God spent a lot of extra time creating him. He was flawless.

 

Kyungsoo found himself smiling. He playfully snuggled closer to the other, inhaling the familiar scent of Jongin. It’s a mixture of fresh grass and mint, Kyungsoo’s favorite.

 

“Mmmm, Kyungie…” Jongin mumbled cutely in his sleep.

 

“Good morning.” The other replied, smiling.

 

“Morning, Kyungie…”

 

Jongin who was now slightly awake huddled closer to Kyungsoo, his face nuzzling against his chest. Like Kyungsoo, he inhaled his favorite person’s scent. Kyungsoo was like a breath of the fresh morning air to him.

 

Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

 

Was that his heart beating? And twice as fast? Kyungsoo could not form any words so instead he tried to look away, but the gaze was too strong. He felt his cheeks growing hot.

 

With the energy he had left he managed to whisper.

 

“W—What do –do y—you mean?”

 

“Usually when I wake up I would be alone because you wake up reeeally early to go to school. Then I run down, hoping I could at least say goodbye before you leave but you’ve left already. It makes me sad…”

 

Jongin’s confession made Kyungsoo’s chest swell. He had no idea how lonely Jongin was without him. And the truth be told, he wants to be there with the other too. He would worry in class about how Jongin is doing and so on.

 

“The idea of being apart from you makes my chest hurt.” Jongin whimpered, breaking Kyungsoo’s trail of thoughts. He pointed to his abdomen area that Kyungsoo noticed as the position of the heart.

 

“I’m sorry, Jonginnie.” The smaller of the two finally said. “Next time I’ll wake you up so you can have breakfast with me and walk me to the door, okay? And I’ll try to come home as soon as possible.”

 

Said boy only nodded, turning his head, burying half of his face in the pillow.

 

Kyungsoo, noticing something odd in Jongin’s behavior, grabbed his chin and glued their gazes back together to find his precious one crying.

 

“Jongin, why are you crying?”

 

Jongin hadn’t realized that tears were flowing from his eyes. But he couldn’t control them. The started dropping down his face sideways to the pillow, soaking it wet.

 

“Kyungie, why do people cry?”

 

“Um, people cry because…” The tinier man replied, thinking. “Because they’re sad. Sometimes it’s because they’re angry. It can also be because of exasperation.”

 

“Exasperation?”

 

“It’s when someone is angry but at the same time, sad. When something angers them, but at the same time they themselves were the ones that created that anger.”

 

“I think I’m crying because of exasperation then.” Jongin cutely said, tears starting to flow at a more regular pace. Kyungsoo had carefully wiped some off of his face with his soft hands.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I’m angry. I’m angry because I can’t spend time with you. But at the same time I know the reason why I can’t spend time with you is because I’m different. I’m not like you. I—I don’t know what I am…”

 

Without even thinking twice, Kyungsoo pulled Jongin’s head against his chest. His small arms wrapped around his body tightly, as if letting go would mean losing Jongin forever. He felt tears coming out of his own eyes as Jongin continued so sob against him.

 

“Please don’t cry, Jongin… It’s not your fault… I don’t care who or what you are; to me you’re Jongin. And I love you. So please don’t—don’t cry…” He managed to say in between the sobs. “You matter a lot to me and I—I don’t ever want to be apart from you… I promise I’ll never leave you… So don’t worry, okay?”

 

“D—do you mean that? Will you always be with me?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and took out his pinky. Jongin tilted his head in confusion.

 

“It’s a pinky promise. Come, take your pinky out.”

 

The taller boy hesitantly took his pinky out and Kyungsoo intertwined them together. “I, Do Kyungsoo, promise to never leave Jongin.”

 

“Um…”

 

“Heh, you don’t have to say anything.”

 

“Okay…” Jongin placed his arm back on Kyungsoo’s body, hugging him tight.

 

“Are you okay now?”

 

But the other didn’t answer. For a moment, Kyungsoo felt like Jongin was Little Jongin again. After about five minutes he took a peek and saw that Jongin had fallen asleep, tears drying in the corner of his eyes. A small curve was on his lips.

 

Sighing in relief, Kyungsoo unwrapped one arm off of Jongin’s body to wipe his own tears. He then planted a kiss on the other’s forehead and fell asleep not long after.

 

***

“Jongin, this is my friend, Sehun. We have a school project to do so can you wait inside the bedroom? You can watch Pororo if you want.”

 

Jongin tilted his head to the side, not understanding the situation. If he remembered correctly, Kyungsoo had invited Baekhyun the other day and introduced him as his friend. But now there’s a new person named Sehun?

 

“I thought Baekhyunnie was your friend?”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. “This is my other friend.”

 

“Oh, okay…”

 

Jongin greeted Sehun and disappeared into the bedroom. Kyungsoo was glad he didn’t say anything weird. He had decided to spend more time with Jongin by being in the house more often, hence he invited his classmate, Sehun, over to his place to do their homework instead of doing it at the other boy’s house.

 

“Who’s that, hyung?” Sehun inquired.

 

“Oh, he’s Jongin.” Kyungsoo responded. “He’s my… My friend.”

 

Sehun noticed a slight pink tint on the other’s cheek and grinned. “Friend? Are you sure you're not in love with him or something?"

 

“H—He’s just a friend! It’s not like I’m interested in being in a relationship at my age anyway… Unlike you and Luhan hyung.”

 

“Hey! What I have with Lulu is special.”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

Sehun’s boyfriend, Luhan, is Miyoung’s used-to-be co-worker. The two worked in a coffee shop and one time Kyungsoo and Sehun had (yet another) project together so they decided to do it there instead of doing it at home as usual (for some strange reasons the teacher always pairs them up—sometimes they end up with another boy named Jongdae but this time Jongdae ended up with Minseok). Long story short, the two were introduced and found themselves infatuated by each other. After leaving the coffee shop to pursue better carriers, Miyoung still contacts Luhan and the two became close friends.

 

Anyway.

 

“It’s nice of the teacher to group us together again.” Kyungsoo tried to change the topic. He grabbed two cans of soda from the fridge and handed one to Sehun. “I’m not close to anyone in the class besides you and Baekhyun.”

 

“Are you trying to distract me from asking you about your new lover?”

 

“H—He’s not my lover!"

 

“Careful, you stuttered.”

 

Kyungsoo flushed into an ever deeper shade of pink and took his books out. “Let’s just get this started so we can finish early.”

 

“So you can spend more time with your honey boo-boo?”

 

“Oh Sehun!”

 

“Okay, okay, let’s start.”

 

***

“I’m home~!” Miyoung sang as she entered the house. “Kyungsoo, we’re feeding four people today. Luhan’s going to join us.”

 

Behind her, Luhan trailed along.

 

Kyungsoo and Sehun were putting the final touch on their homework before getting up on their feet.

 

“Lulu?”

 

“Sehun-ah? Another homework date with Kyungsoo?” Luhan smiled sweetly, embracing Sehun.

 

“The teacher is killing us.” He mumbled like a dejected puppy.

 

Miyoung took her shoes of and made herself comfortable on the sofa. “Oh? So I guess we’re cooking for five! You wanna join us for dinner, Sehun?”

 

“That sounds nice, thank you, noona.”

 

“Why do you act so innocent when you’re around noona and Luhan hyung?” Kyungsoo mocked. “You’re so rude to me.”

 

“Don’t ruin my image!” Sehun warned before snuggling back in his lover’s embrace.

 

“Kyungsoo, where’s Jongin?”

 

“Oh, he’s in the room. I’ll go get him.”

 

Kyungsoo excused himself from everyone and went inside the bedroom he shares with the other boy. Miyoung on the other hand stretched a few times before heading to the kitchen, preparing a lovely meal for everyone.

 

***

“Jonginnie?” Kyungsoo whispered as he closed the door behind him.

 

Jongin was sprawled on the bed, a pout on his face. The TV was off and the Pororo DVDs Kyungsoo had bought a few days ago were all over the bed.

 

“I missed you.” He muttered like a dejected puppy.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head in disbelief and stood near the edge of the bed, a small smile on his face. “You got bored of Pororo? I thought that he was your hero?”

 

“You’re my hero, Kyungie~”

 

“Heh, come on. Noona is home. Sehun’s boyfriend is here, too. We’re all having dinner together.”

 

Jongin’s ears perked up at the new word he had never heard of before.

 

“Boyfriend?”

 

“Um, yeah.” Kyungsoo scratched the back of his neck. “Like, his lover.”

 

“Lover? Do they love each other?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Then are we lovers too? Am I your boyfriend?” Jongin’s eyes blinked innocently and Kyungsoo cursed himself for being flustered so easily.

 

“Well, no… They –um—they do other things too.”

 

“What things?”

 

“Other things…”

 

The teenager wanted to just avoid the topic because of the things Sehun said to him earlier today before doing their homework. Was Jongin like a boyfriend to him? Does he consider him as a lover?

 

“Like what?” Jongin was still persistent.

 

“T—They kiss…”

 

“But we kiss too! You kiss my forehead and my cheeks.”

 

“N—not there…”

 

“Where?

 

“T—They kiss on the –the lips sometimes…”

 

Jongin got up from his lying down position and sat in front Kyungsoo, who was fidgeting awkwardly. His long arms grabbed Kyungsoo’s cheeks by surprise and before he even knew what was going on, the smaller of the two felt something soft on his lips. He can faintly smell Jongin’s chocolate scented breath (Miyoung baked brownies for Jongin that morning.)

 

Jongin’s lips moved with suave against Kyungsoo’s and the other soon found himself kissing back, wrapping his arms around Jongin’s neck.

 

By the time they pulled apart, Kyungsoo was already on top of Jongin, his face breathless as he tried to regain his breath.

 

“Like that?” Jongin asked again, guiltless.

 

Kyungsoo was unable to form words. Instead, he averted his gaze. His mind was spinning and his heart was throbbing fast.

 

“Whoops, I disturbed something, didn’t I?”

 

The third voice in the room made the small boy’s eyes grow ten times as wide. He couldn't hide his embarrassment and his cheeks were warm and rosy.

 

“Oh Sehun! Have you ever heard of knocking!?”

 

Laughing maniacally, Sehun left the door opened and skipped away.

 

“I knew it~ I knew it~” Kyungsoo heard him sing.

 

The teenager shook his head vigorously, trying to calm himself down. His lips felt hot. He reached up to touch them and the feeling of Jongin’s mouth against his made him want to melt.

 

Jongin had bounced out of the room, smelling Miyoung’s delicious cooking. He tried to nudge his beloved, but Kyungsoo stood still like a statue.

 

“Kyungsoo!” Miyoung yelled from the dining table. “Come out, dinner’s ready!”

 

“O—Okay…”

 

Still full of shock, Kyungsoo walked towards the dining table. Many things were going on in his mind as he took his seat next to Luhan. Across him was an innocently smiling Jongin and next to him was Sehun. Miyoung was sitting on the side of the table between Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

“Thank you for the meal~!” Jongin said joyfully.

 

They all started to eat but Kyungsoo lost his appetite. The only thing going through his mind was Jongin, Jongin and Jongin.

 

Is Sehun right? Am I… Falling for him?

 

***

A/N: hi! :3 as i was writing this chapter, i kinda feel that i'm writing about baekyeol because of kai's innocence ._.

anyhow, if you liked this chapter be sure to upvote! i would love to be featured one day <3

oh and if you like fluff and stuff like that, please check out my newest story Little Daisies. i marked it as complete but i'll be updating it (kinda like Baby Sehun! if you read that too heehee) and um, i guess that's it! leave comments and i'll try my best to reply them fweee