Coincidences, Destiny

Mini-Jongin Guiding Manual

 

The next day, little Jongin woke up with the big bed next to him empty.

 

Kyungie… He thought sadly. That’s right; Kyungsoo had errands to run and won’t be home until late at night. Miyoung will be home sooner and that would mean that Jongin needs to hide in the room the entire time. The little creature knew that his owner’s sister is nothing but a sweetheart, but he is still scared of showing himself to others.

 

Sighing, the little guy hopped off of his bed and headed for a small cup on Kyungsoo’s table (Kyungsoo prepared it for his bath) and splashed in. He would usually bathe with his owner (being the sweetheart he is Kyungsoo also bought him a small boat he can sit on white it floats on the surface of the water). Today was extra lonely and Jongin sadly wished he could change that.

 

After his bath, he saw three Cheerios on top of a small piece of tissue, otherwise known as his breakfast. Kyungsoo really was a caring master; never did he forget any of these necessities for little Jongin. Jongin ate quietly and afterwards dumped (well, at least he attempted to) the tissue in the bin.

 

At lonely days like this he would be on the bed, playing with little Pororo and sometimes taking short naps.

 

“Kyungie~~” He mumbled against the soft material of his master’s pillow. Unlike what happens usually, there came no reply. The room was completely empty.

 

Jongin was about to fall asleep fifteen minutes later when Miyoung entered the room. Right, she had nothing to do that day, Jongin thought.

 

“Okay! Time to clean up!” He heard her say. Miyoung brought a broom with her and started sweeping the floor. She then wiped the windows and bookshelves. Her face looked tired, but a smile was still painted across his face, and that is probably why Jongin secretly has a fascination over her.

 

After living with Kyungsoo all this time, Jongin learned so many things, and not just simple daily needs like eating and sleeping, he also learned many things about love and kindness. He takes notice of how the siblings treat each other and secretly hoped that he can have someone who treats him the same way.

 

“Love?” Jongin asked once, pointing at Miyoung who was happily cooking dinner for her and and her brother.

 

Kyungsoo turned his head to where Jongin was pointing and smiled before nodding. He stared at his sister lovingly and gently faced his friend. “Yes, that is an example of love, Jonginnie.”

 

***

“We’re finally finished!”

 

Kyungsoo raised his arms high and waved them in the air, a huge smile plastered on his face. Across where he sat, Oh Sehun curved a side of his lips.

 

They had been working on a school project that was apparently worth thirty percent of their entire grade. It was tough because it was a combination of a few subjects at once. After several days of hard work, it is finally done and the two students can rest.

 

“I never thought I’d finish something so big.” Sehun commented. Kyungsoo was surprised because that’s the most that he had ever heard Sehun say in his life. The other wasn’t a person with many words to start with, so he must be really happy that he managed to say so much.

 

“Yeah, it’s such a relief!” Kyungsoo replied, looking at the clock. His eyes grew big and immediately stood up. “I need to go home!”

 

“Lunch?”

 

Another one of Oh Sehun’s short statements.

 

“Ah, I’d love to, but I really need to head home! See you in school!”

 

I totally forgot about Jonginnie! I hope he’s okay… Did he have Lunch? Oh no, no no no no! I need to hurry!

 

Kyungsoo quickly bid Sehun’s mom goodbye and ran home. He was secretly thankful that his partner’s house was close to his. Therefore, it will not take him too much time to get back.

 

***

“Jonginnie I’m back!” Kyungsoo squealed happily the moment he entered his room. his eyes scanned the light blue walls and around the area to find his tiny friend asleep on the table with his hankerchief—how did Jongin get my hankerchief?

 

Hearing the loud sound drumming in his ears, little Jongin started to wake up. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and yawned before seeing his object of affection at the door.

 

“Kyungie!”

 

Kyungsoo ran to him, giving him a (slightly strange-looking) hug, and the two sat on the bed. “Sorry, I took too long didn’t I?”

 

Little Jongin nodded and pouted. “Kyungie~~”

 

“Haha, Kyungie’s back, honey.” He replied. “Let’s go out for cake! It has been a while since I treated you to something good.”

 

“Eung~!”

 

Kyungsoo patted his shoulder and helped Jongin sit there while grabbing his cell phone and wallet. He went out of his room to see Miyoung, sitting on the kitchen counter while drinking a glass of water.

 

“Thanks for cleaning my room. I’m going out to get cake, do you want anything?”

 

“Strawberry shortcake! Or any sponge cake is fine.” Miyoung answered. “I see you’re taking that little doll with you.”

 

“Yeah, can’t go anywhere without him! Kinda regretted the fact that I didn't take him to Sehun’s.” I can’t believe she still thinks that little Jongin is only a toy…

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll see you in a bit then. Gotta start preparing for dinner.”

 

Kyungsoo bid his farewell and put on his shoes. With little Jongin on his shoulder, they headed to a nearby sweets shop that the siblings would go to often.

 

“Hi, Kyungsoo!” The cashier, Luna Park, greeted cheerfully. “It has been a while since I last saw you! How are you?”

 

“Fine, thanks. How’s the business coming along, Luna?”

 

“It’s been all right, I guess. More people have been coming, I think we should hire another employee just to get things more organized.” She replied. “Aw! That doll is so cute! Can I touch?”

 

Kyungsoo turned to see what Luna was looking at and realized that her gaze was fixed on little Jongin. Gulping, Kyungsoo nervously placed little Jongin down on the counter. He couldn’t just decline Luna’s request after all that she’s done for him—helping with homework whenever he visits and secret discounts to whatever he buys. Little Jongin landed with a small thump and he quickly sat down.

 

“Oh my! So cute! It’s like, he’s real or something! You’re like a little person!” Luna shrieked with excitement. She poked little Jongin’s cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo mentally thanked God that Luna is too naïve and vivid that she did not realize that little Jongin is actually alive and breathing like any human.

 

“Y—Yeah…”

 

“Where did you get him?”

 

“Uh…” Kyungsoo exchanged a secret look with Jongin while thinking of a lie. But before he could answer, Luna had cut off his trail of thoughts.

 

“Ah, doesn’t matter. It must’ve been fate that brought you and this cute little guy here. He’s so cute! Lucky you, Kyungsoo!”

 

Luna continued to observe little Jongin until she felt a nudge on her head. “Luna, stop playing around! Ask the customer what he wants!”

 

She, Kyungsoo and Jongin looked up to see the café’s owner, Kwon Yuri, whom Kyungsoo immediately recognized.

 

“Hi, noona! Long time no see.”

 

“Oh?” Yuri voiced out. “It’s you, Kyungsoo! How are you?”

 

“I’m great. And it looks like your business is too.”

 

Yuri blushed as she shyly replied, “Yeah, I’m glad. My dream is finally coming true. What would you like to order? Luna here is an idiot who gets distracted easily. I might end up firing her.”

 

“Hey! That’s so mean, unnie!”

 

“I’m your boss whenever we’re in this café so stop being so informal!”

 

Luna pouted. “Fine. What would you like to order, Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo took the time to look at the menu and decided on a chocolate fudge cake for him and Jongin to eat at the café and two slices of strawberry shortcake to take home for Miyoung. Luna told them to wait in their seats while she grabs their orders.

 

“Yuri unnie’s paying today, so here’s a complimentary slice!” Little Jongin felt himself drool as Luna placed a slice of chocolate cake on the table and a peach pie next to it. “This is a new menu and we need some feedback. So tell us how it tastes, all right?”

 

“Sure thing!”

 

“Enjoy your meal!”

 

After Luna left, Kyungsoo started slicing small pieces of the cake for little Jongin to eat. They ate happily whilst talking (Kyungsoo did most of it while little Jongin listened). Occasionally little Jongin would have some chocolate on his face and Kyungsoo gently wiped them off of him.

 

Soon it was time to go home. The peach pie tasted amazing and Kyungsoo told them to start selling it to the customers. He thanked Yuri for the wonderful treat and headed back. Miyoung was probably already waiting for her cake.

 

“Did you have fun today?”

 

“Mhm!”

 

Little Jongin sounded more energetic than usual as he swung his legs on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. The trip home felt longer because it was getting late that day and the sun was setting.

 

As soon as they got back, Kyungsoo gave Miyoung her cake and went to his room to shower. He told little Jongin to wait outside while he does so. Obeying like a little puppy, Jongin laid on Kyungsoo’s bed and played with little Pororo.

 

“Kyungie… Fun… Cake… Yummy…” He mumbled, still trying to form a complete sentence. Anyone would aww at the sight.

 

***

Kyungsoo came out of the shower in a clean shirt and boxers. He sat on the bed and dried his hair while checking his text messages. Little Jongin immediately shifted closer to him.

 

“Hm? What is it, Jonginnie?”

 

“Nyoo~”

 

“Haha, you’re so cute.”

 

“Love…” Jongin said again, this time climbing on top of Kyungsoo’s chest and resting his head there.

 

Kyungsoo was confused at his friend’s actions. Jongin had never done something like that before. “What do you mean?”

 

“Love… Kyungie…”

 

He loves me?

 

“…I love you too, Jonginnie.”

 

***

After dinner, Kyungsoo and Jongin went back to the bedroom and turned the lights off. It was time to sleep, Kyungsoo decided. The day was coming to an end and they have another one tomorrow. Little Jongin changed into his pajamas and snuggled to his master and a small, almost inaudible snore could be heard seconds later.

 

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, could not sleep. He was thinking about Jongin’s confession to him. And about all the things they have been through together.

 

Is my heart …beating faster? No, no way! He’s just a—a—a child! Yes, little Jongin is just …little! But why does it feel strange? Could Luna be right? Is this fate? But he’s …small. How is this fate for me?

 

He turned and faced little Jongin’s sleeping face and studied his features. Little Jongin’s eyebrows were beautifully carved. His hair was soft and fluffy and his skin was slightly tan. A pair of beautiful lips, too. Little Jongin also has a wonderful jawline. It was as if God took extra time to create him.

 

Maybe if little Jongin was more of... my size, maybe, maybe I would fall in love with him…

 

Nah, impossible.

 

After all, I have yet to discover what he truly is.

 

Right?

 

Sighing as all his questions did not have answers, Kyungsoo closed his eyes with hopes of not thinking about this the next morning when he wakes up.

 

***

Do you believe in fate?

 

No… At least, I don't think so…

 

Do you think this encounter was an accident? That there was no purpose behind it?

 

…I really don’t know. I can’t say for sure. But all I can say is that I enjoy being with him.

 

He enjoys being with you too.

 

And what does that make us?

 

You two are destined to meet.

 

***

Kyungsoo woke up that morning to feel a little heavy. He did not want to open his eyes to greet the sunlight yet, but something tells him that he needs to see what was going on. Is Jonginnie okay? Did he get kidnapped or something? His side felt warm—is this human skin?

 

Reluctantly opening and rubbing his eyes, Kyungsoo tried to get a clearer view of his room.

 

Looks normal, he thought, until he turned to his side.

 

“Aaaaaaaah!”

 

Next to him, an unknown man was sleeping. He had on pajamas that look like what babies would wear and was facing the other way, hence Kyungsoo can’t see his face.

 

Panicking, he took everything in sight and threw it at him. The figure slowly stirred and finally sat up.

 

Rubbing his eyes, he started to speak. “Kyungie… It’s too early to be noisy… Go back to sleep.”

 

Wait, what!?

 

The man grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm that was attempting to hit him and pulled him back to bed, snuggling against his chest. Kyungsoo was shocked. No, it can’t be…

 

Suddenly, the stranger sat back up, eyes opened wide.

 

“W—What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked, afraid.

 

“I –I was able to pull you. With my arm. My arm is strong enough to pull you.”

 

Kyungsoo used this moment to study the stranger’s face. And he couldn’t believe his eyes.

 

“…Jongin?”

 

***

 

A/N: hi lovelies! i'm back! heheeh c: sorry it took so so so long. oh, and i lied. it's probably going to be either a threeshot or a fourshot, hahah xD cause i figured it'd be too much work for all of you to read 6000+ words at one go. in the mean time, enjoy ^_^