Past, Present

Mini-Jongin Guiding Manual

“Kyungie… Please talk to me…”

 

Silence.

 

“Kyungie…”

 

Little—well, not-so-little Jongin pouted as Kyungsoo continued to ignore him.

 

The said boy was basically just sitting there at his and Miyoung’s favorite café. From the cashier, Luna, one of the employees that knew Kyungsoo quite well, stared skeptically at the behavior of her friend as well as the somehow familiar face sitting next to him. Her boss, Yuri, came out of her office to observe and had asked Luna who that was with Kyungsoo, but the teenager could not answer. Shrugging, Yuri went back to her paperwork.

 

In his head, Kyungsoo recalled what happened once again. It was still so hard to believe.

 

“J—Jongin? Jonginnie?” Kyungsoo’s large eyes blinked furiously, staring at the large creature—boy—in front of him.

 

There he was flesh and blood, Little Jongin—well, for some strange reasons, the boy is not so small anymore. He was tall; even taller than Kyungsoo. He had messy brown hair and tan skin. His eyes looked sleepy and his lips are thin, decorating his perfect face alongside his wonderfully sculpted jaw line.

 

“Kyungie!” The said boy practically jumped on the smaller, hugging him like there’s no tomorrow. Kyungsoo was taken aback. “My wish came true! I can now hug you!”

 

“W—Wait!”

 

Unconciously Kyungsoo pushed Jongin away, trying his best to ignore the cute pout on the other’s face.

 

“What’s going on? Why are you –you know—big!?” He asked, pacing back and forth around the room. “No, I’m dreaming, I must be dreaming! This is some nightmare and I’ll probably wake up soon!”

 

Jongin’s pout grew larger as he looked down on his lap. “Aren’t you happy, Kyungie? My wish came true… I can now hug you and do everything with you! Do you not believe that I truly exist?”

 

“This must be some kind of mistake! Who—what are you!?”

 

Kyungsoo’s words pierced through Jongin’s chest but he chose to ignore it (mainly because he had no idea what that feeling was called). “Who else can I be? I’m Jonginnie, Kyungie! You like to buy me cake and give me baths in a cup! Why won’t you believe me?”

 

“Because that’s just impossible!”

 

“I can prove it to you!” Jongin challenged. Kyungsoo, taken aback, took steps backwards as Jongin stood up, legs all wobbly. “Ah… I’m not used to these legs…”

 

Jongin’s body was tall and slender. His arms looked muscular though his body was covered with a pair of baby pajamas. His back slightly leaned forward, as if he was not used to the weight of his body. He tried to move his legs forward, one at a time, slowly approaching Kyungsoo.

 

“J—Jongin, no—“

 

Glomp!

 

Wobbly-legged Jongin was still not used to walking that he fell forward, face-flat against Kyungsoo’s, their lips only a few inches from each other. Kyungsoo took the opportunity to observe the other’s face. Jongin was, indeed, beautiful.

 

“Kyungie, you’re so cute up close~”

 

“G—Get off me!” The smaller of the two snapped out of his daydream and pushed Jongin away from his body. The taller lad rolled over to the side, quietly hissing at the pain he felt on his back when his body collided with the wooden floor.

 

“Heehee, your cheeks are red~”

 

“Shut—shut up! Stand up already!”

 

Jongin stared at his legs that were now so much longer and sighed. “I can’t walk in these yet…”

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

Not wanting to trouble his ‘master,’ Jongin grinned and tried to stand. However, he fell once again on the floor, this time his hitting the ground. Another hiss was released.

 

The view made Kyungsoo feel sorry of the other male. And it’s not like it’s his fault that this is happening… right? Jongin had made an innocent wish to grow bigger possibly because he wanted to repay Kyungsoo for his kindness. Where’s the crime in that?

 

“Give me your hand.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said ‘give me your hand.’ Do you want to stand up or not?” Kyungsoo mumbled, his hand extended towards Jongin. Jongin stared at the milky white palm and grabbed it with his hand happily, gripping tight. Kyungsoo felt Jongin’s warmth as their skin touched.

 

This is a human’s warmth…

 

“We need to leave. Miyoung noona’s gonna be home soon and she’ll freak out. I need some time to think of an explanation.”

 

“Okay!”

 

Grumble.

 

The two pairs of eyes turned their glazes towards Jongin’s stomach. It did, in fact, grumble like a human’s belly when it’s hungry.

 

“Let’s go. I’ll get you some food.”

 

“Ooh! Can we have cake?”

 

“Fine. But first… You need to change your clothes.” Kyungsoo helped Jongin sit on the bed as he opened his wardrobe. “But with your height I doubt anything I own will fit.”

 

“It’s okay, Kyungie! I can just wear this—“

 

“Jongin, you’re not tiny anymore. Wearing pajamas in public will make people laugh at you.”

 

“R—really?”

 

“Yes.”

 

It took Kyungsoo fifteen minutes to find that white shirt Miyoung bought for him that was way too big for his own good. For the bottom part, he decided that Jongin will wear a pair of sweatpants he owned that was slightly loose.

 

“Come on, change into these.”

 

Jongin stared at the clothes but stayed still and Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows.

 

“Oh no.”

 

“I –I don’t know how…”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. He wasn’t even going to freak out anymore. Instead, he started to Jongin’s pajamas. His eyes met Jongin’s toned chest and the boy felt himself transform into a deeper shade of red. He tried to remain focus because Jongin was innocent anyway and he will not get any wrong ideas. But once he reached the pajama pants, Kyungsoo practically screamed.

 

He completely forgot that Jongin was probably not wearing any underwear.

 

“Kyungie? What’s wrong?”

 

“N—n—n—n—nothing!” He turned around and faced Jongin once again, eyes closed as he helped Jongin wear the shirt. It was a little tight on him and it exposed the shape of Jongin’s body perfectly.

 

“P –Put on the pants!”

 

Jongin lifted the stretchy fabric and attempted to put his legs in. “Like this?”

 

“Y—y—y—yes! One leg goes to o—one h—hole!”

 

“Okay~!”

 

After a few more minutes of struggling (and Kyungsoo’s face blushing an even deeper shade of red), they finally left the house, holding hands so that Jongin wouldn’t fall. The sweatpants were too short for Jongin that it only reached a few inches below his knees. Kyungsoo remembered wearing it and had to roll the bottom parts so the wouldn’t trip on the pants. Jongin wore one of Kyungsoo’s sandals that were way too small for him (The small boy made a mental note to go shopping for clothes as soon as possible) and they headed to Kyungsoo’s usual café.

 

As the incident replayed in his head, Kyungsoo started to worry about other things. First of all, how is he going to explain it to his sister? Would Miyoung actually believe that Kyungsoo had a small human living with him that suddenly grew and she had no idea about it all this time? And won’t Jongin need to go to school or something?

 

This was mentally exhausting to Kyungsoo and all he wanted was just to fall asleep for a few hours and not worry about anything.

 

But that was impossible.

 

Especially when a pouting Jongin was sitting in front of him.

 

“Kyungie… Are you mad at me?”

 

The other sighed. “No, I’m not mad at you.”

 

“You finally talked!” Jongin clapped his hands. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah. I’m just confused. How am I going to explain this to my noona? She’s going to think I’m crazy…”

 

Jongin took another bite of his melted chocolate cake with his fork (Kyungsoo had nicely cut the cake into small pieces and taught Jongin how to poke them with the sharp eating utensil then plopping it in his mouth.) “Don’t worry Kyungie! Whatever happens, I’ll be right here with you!”

 

“…Thanks…”

 

“You’re welcome!”

 

Jongin continued to eat and chocolate got smeared all over his face. He liked his lips happily and Kyungsoo found himself smiling. The boy may had grown in size, but he’s still the innocent Jongin he first met and fell in love with… Not in that way, of course! Kyungsoo nudged himself.

 

“Kyungie finally smiled! You look pretty when you smile, Kyungie!”

 

Kyungsoo realized that Jongin had been staring at him and quickly straightened his lips. “I’m a boy.”

 

“You’re a beautiful boy.”

 

“I—“

 

Ding!

 

“Crap.”

 

“Hm?”

 

Unlocking his phone, Kyungsoo’s eyes met a text message from his sister.

 

From: Miyoung noona

Received at: 4.57PM

Kyungsoo, where are you? It’s almost 5. I’m cooking dinner, it’s your favorite: bulgogi with extra cheese! Come home soon! ^___^

 

“Oh no…”

 

“What’s wrong, Kyungie?”

 

“It’s Miyoung noona. She wants me to come home because she’s cooking dinner… What are we going to do?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“About you. What should I say?”

 

Jongin stopped eating his cake. He stared at his lap once again and felt liquid coming out of his eyes. Was he a burden to Kyungie? Should he leave?

 

A smaller hand covered his all of the sudden, making Jongin lift his head. In front of him was a smiling Kyungsoo.

 

“Hey, don’t cry. I’ll figure something out along the way, okay? I’m not going to abandon you. So don’t worry.”

 

***

“Noona, I’m home!” Kyungsoo sang as he and Jongin nervously entered the house. The two boys could smell something tasty from the kitchen.

 

“I’m in the kitchen! Go get changed! Where have you been?”

 

“Um, noona… There’s something I need to show you… Can you come out here for a minute?”

 

“Sure, gimme ten seconds!”

 

Those ten seconds were, indeed, the longest ten seconds Kyungsoo had ever experienced. His palms were sweaty, one holding Jongin’s hand tight. He felt cold sweat dripping down his forehead. Miyoung’s footsteps were getting louder and louder.

 

“What do you want me to see—oh.”

 

“N—noona, this is Jongin.” Kyungsoo nervously voiced out.

 

Miyoung looked at Jongin from top to bottom. Jongin had a happy grin plastered on his face as he leaned closer to Kyungsoo.

 

The next thing Kyungsoo knew, Miyoung had ran towards him, pinching his cheeks happily, the happy tone in his voice not hidden.

 

“I knew it! I knew you swing this way! So happy for you, baby!”

 

“Wait—what?”

 

“I’ve always known you were gay, so don’t worry. I still love you. And I must say, you have good taste.” The elder said, looking at Jongin once again. “Though his taste in fashion is a bit…”

 

“No you got it all wrong! He’s not my boyfriend. He’s just a friend.”

 

Kyungsoo realized what Miyoung had meant and flushed like a tomato. He wanted to let go of Jongin’s hand to clear the misunderstanding but he might fall so he chose to be mature and continued to clench the other’s warm palm.

 

“J—Jongin didn’t want to get lost. He just moved here and was scared that he might separate from me.” The short male quickly answered. “Anyway, Jongin is currently looking for a place to stay in, is it okay for him to live here for a while?”

 

“Of course! The more the merrier, no? Although I must say I’m disappointed, baby brother. I thought you had such a great taste in men.”

 

“I’m not gay!”

 

“Sure sure, whatever you say.” Miyoung grinned mischievously. “Hey Jongin, is bulgogi with cheese okay with you? That’s what we’re having for dinner.”

 

“Sounds great! Thank you!”

 

“Oh my goodness you’re so sweet and polite! Kyungsoo are you sure—“

 

“Yes!”

 

***

“Thanks for the meal!” The two boys chorused as they carried their dirty bulgogi bowls to the sink.

 

“Noona, I’ll wash the dishes today. You should rest up.”

 

“Nonsense! You need to help make Jongin feel comfortable. Now go! I’ll take care of things here.”

 

Miyoung practically pushed the two boys out of the kitchen that Jongin wobbled and almost fell. Good thing Kyungsoo was there to catch him. They headed upstairs into Kyungsoo’s room and the shorter of the two immediately threw himself on the bed, exhausted and frustrated.

 

“Kyungie?” Jongin poked his cheek. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Kyungsoo answered, sitting up to face Jongin. “Today’s been tough for you, huh? Thank God noona’s okay with you here.”

 

“Is Kyungie happy?”

 

“What?”

 

“A—Are you happy that I get to live here? With you?”

 

“What do you mean?” Kyungsoo’s tireness suddenly disappeared.

 

“Am I not a bother to you?”

 

So that’s what’s bothering him?

 

Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s hand and held them against his. “I’m sorry about the stuff I said that might have hurt you today. I was just surprised. But I do like having you around. Don’t worry about being a burden, okay?”

 

“Do you mean that?”

 

“Yeah, every word.”

 

Jongin looked like he was about to cry and Kyungsoo panicked but that was when the taller boy jumped on him and hugged his small body tight.

 

“I love you, Kyungie!”

 

This time Kyungsoo didn’t fight back. Instead, he wrapped his shorter arms around the other and patted his back.

 

“I love you too…”

 

***

A/N: HI GUYS ARE YOU HAPPY I UPDATED :3 sorta long i guess cause i feel like an for not updating for such a long time... anyways, this story will probably end in 1-2 chapters... i promise i wont take as long anymore so please stick with me ok? <3 oh and if you havent, check out and maybe follow my instagram? it'll make my day ^___^