Chapter One

Loss Of Love

 

Chapter One
 
 
(Jaejoong’s Flashbacks)
 
“I’m sorry but i have to keep my promise to him.” said Jae sadly. Changmin looked at him with a questioning face. Many things keeps playing on his mind. Changmin, Jae and Yoochun are three bestfriends. Changmin and Yoochun are brothers while Jae are their childhood friend. About a week ago, Yoochun got involved in an accident with serious injuries on his head and body. The doctors could not save him so before he breathed his last breath, he asked for Jaejoong. Changmin was left outside crying. “Why is this happening to me? Appa and Umma had left us and now you will be leaving me too? How am i getting through my life without you?" cried Changmin sadly.
 
 
“Jae, promised me that you will marry MinMin and looks after him well. You know how he will never be able to sleep alone because he’s afraid of dark and loneliness. Ever since our parents died, i never left him by himself. Please take care of him, the one that i trust is only you. Remember that you are the one MinMin need.” said Yoochun before his last breath. Jae promised him and cried sadly. When Yoochun was pronounced dead, Changmin rushed in and cried uncontrollably. “Hyung, wake up. Don’t leave me Hyung.” screamed Changmin.
 
(Changmin’s P.O.V)
 
After Yoochun’s death, Changmin was brought to live with Jae at his cottage in the rural part of Seoul. Changmin went into slight depression and retreat to his own world. Jae had a hard time communicating with him but he tried all his best to bear with the situation. Jae still remember his promise but wonder if  Changmin will agree to it. A month later, Jae asked Changmin to have a talk with him. “Changmin, i need to ask you something.” Changmin looked at him and said “what is it about?” Jae paused for a while before saying this “Will you marry me?  Changmin looked at him shockingly and stood there not believing what he had heard.
 
 
His mind was asking a lot of questions like, “he is 6yrs older than me”, “I don't love him”, i don’t know anything about him”, “What should i reply him?”. Without realising, Changmin opened his mouth and the first word that came out is “I will”. Jae smiled and thought silently “my promises are fulfiled, i don’t feel burden anymore”.
 
Two weeks later, the wedding was on. Only a few close friends and work colleagues are invited. The event was simple with just a white wedding at the church with the couple wearing white tuxedo, church was decorated with white lilies and strems of white ribbons flowing from the pillars. Vows was exchanged, congrats was said, happines was bursting in the air but this 2 people know that between them will still remain the same as before they got married. Jae was only keeping a promise and Changmin can’t be alone with his current situation. The best way was to just hang on with each other rather than depending on strangers who doesn’t know them.
 
After the wedding, they headed back home. They were silent throughout the drive and when they reached, Changmin got off the car and walked away without waiting for Jae. Jae just looked at him turned around locked his car and follow him in. Changmin get himself seated on the sofa and tries to act normal when he sees Jae. Jae saw the uncomfortable look on Changmin’s face and said “the sleeping arrangments will be the same and things around this house will still remains so no changes”. Jae walks off into the kitchen to get some drink and Changmin went up to his room to change and rest. “Will i be able to accept him as my husband?” asked Changmin to himself while laying down at the bed staring at the ceiling.
 
 
Later, Jae went up to his room and took something out from the  drawer. “ I have kept my promised to you Yoochun. I just hope that he will really need me and love me as sincerely as he can because i don’t think i’m able to love another again. My heart was gone when you left, My Baby Chunnie.” All this while when the 3 of them were together, Jae had always love to be with Yoochun and spent all his time and attention to him. Jae starts to fall for him and silently loving because he knows that if he confessed, he will be rejected. All Yoochun had ever wanted was to looked after and always protecting his MinMin. Jae hold on to his love for Yoochun even after he was gone. Changmin will always be Jae’s dongsaeng no matter what.  
 
Changmin is still unsure of everything but he will take things one day at a time. He tried to get some sleep as he had classes tomorrow. Changmin is only 21yrs old and currently a university student. His personality is a bubbly, outgoing and a genius but that slowly changed after Yoochun’s death.
 
 
His hyung meant everything to him after his parents’s death. Jae is the chairman of Kim Co-operation after his parents’s died in a plane crash. Jae is only 27yrs old and is considered a young chairman in the business world.
 
 
His personality is quiet, hardworking, loves to be alone,loves to cook and caring man. Two people worlds apart, different characters and personality brought together as husband and wife. Will what Yoochun said before his death happened to them? Were they really meant for each other? Will they depend and need each other? Only time will tell because they are in the world of their own.