d i x - n e u f.

I'm Heart-Over-Head In Love With You

 

 

chapter.19  »  a little bit of how and why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Centuries ago, when Under Earth had little to no relations with the slowly modernizing colonies above them, the first four kingdoms thrived, always competing with each other.  These kingdoms were the Kingdom of Preriloth (founded by Maigus Arddun, the greatest wizard in all of Under Earth), Kingdom of Edelissi (founded by Artro Roisin, the greatest astronomer), Kingdom of Jerilaf (founded by Ceidio Tenser, the greatest alchemist), and the Kingdom of Kemwen (founded by Blodwen Meifin, the greatest illusionist).  These kingdoms prospered in their own ways, gradually gaining citizens and building precedents for the next leaders.

 

The Kingdom of Preriloth blossomed into a remarkable center for other wizards and witches and traders and merchants.  It was the first to have an actual marketplace for the people.  The grandiose brick castle rested on the highest hill in the area, surrounded by a powerful shield, both invisible and invincible.  The kingdom's colors are a vivid burgundy, and a dark saddle.  Citizens that made up the kingdom are referred to as Prerilothians, or the Proud Lions.

 

The Kingdom of Edelissi, on the other hand, was the best place for those who were interested in the science of the planets and the sky, mostly to honor their beloved founder.  Other sciences were also welcomed, for Edelissi was the most common birthplace of the finest Curers in all of Under Earth.  For that reason, Edelissi was the most technological kingdom during the early times with its Curers needing the most technology to cure peopleit was also believed that Edelissees were the first ones to discover On Earth and spread the knowledge of healing the sick.  The kingdom's colors are a pure lavender and a fancy teal.  The people are named Edelissees (Edeliss for males and Edelisse for females), or the Erudites.

 

The first royal kingdom, Kingdom of Jerilaf, flourished into being the first in a lot of things on the Under Earth .  It was the first to have a proper army, first to have an education system for its people, the first to have an official printing press, and the first official tourist spot despite Under Earth having only four civilized colonies.  The alchemist founder of the kingdom, Ceidio Tenser, used his knowledge of alchemy to better his kingdom into being the first at important things.  Smooth silver and warm regency are the kingdom's colors, and the people were called Jerilafos (or, derogatorily, Fancies).

 

The fourth kingdom, which was considered the most sophisticated despite it being the second to be hailed as a royal kingdom, was the Kingdom of Kemwen.  Its founder, Blodwen Meifin, used his illusionist powers to make Kemwen the center of entertainment on the Under Earth.  Most of Kemwen's citizens knew about On Earth's history and its keen liking for all things ‘magic’.  Of course, Under Earth's people knew about real magic, but they found it amusing how On Earth humans found pulling a rabbit out of a hat ever so close to entertaining.  Therefore, the Kingdom of Kemwen became the epitome of all things entertaining (singing, dancing, magicking, etcetera).  The kingdom's colors are an electrifyingly bright cyan and lime; its people labeled as Kemmers, or Vivacious Ones.

 

However, because of the spreading influence of Kemmers' ‘magic tricks’ throughout the First Four, Prerilothians filed a complaint against them (the first complaint ever made in all the kingdoms' history).  They stated that Under Earth peoples should only perform real wizardry, and that Kemwen's version of magic was “a hideous mockery to the land wherein bona fide thaumaturgy originated”.

 

A gigantic surprise, the people of Kemwen were furious.

 

At first, their leaders at that time, Arddun and Meifin, tried to settle the matter peacefully.  However, they couldn't stop their peaceful meetings from turning violent.

 

On a shiverlingly cold and thundering night, the first war ever recorded in history, both on Under Earth and On Earth's history, occurred.  Armies from Preriloth and Kemwen met at the Valley of Triumph, a deep valley behind all four kingdoms.  Neither side expected help from Edelissi and Jerilaf, for they knew that those kingdoms didn't deserve to be part of whatever was bound to happen.

 

The war lasted for five exhausting hours, filling catapults with boulders and firing both flaming and non-flaming arrows at each other, resulting in no official winner.  Since then, hatred and disgust sprouted from the kingdoms.  Families kept their children from marrying anyone outside their kingdom, except for Edelissi and Jerilaf.  Ever since the famed undeclared Battle of Triumph Valley they stopped all tradery and any other relations at all.

 

Pressure was intense all around the kingdoms after the battle.

 

For the years that passed peace remained constant, silent, and choking.  This was the most famous piece of history on Under Earth, but even so, another day of another war was what they all feared the most.

 

And that mostly feared day finally came, and it took only a lost prince for it to arrive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

so many words?  heheh, sorry guys  ;;  i know some of you might be disappointed in me because i didn't update in the weekend.  that was because of, well, if you read the first few words this you'll see why.  also, i've been thinking of putting in chapter headers on each chapter.  something like this.  it's from one of my stories.  i'm not gonna do it exactly like that, but something.  i'm not sure.  what do you guys think?  thank you all for reading!  and thank you for the 6 votes!  -dances-

Preriloth's colors:   burgundy  and  dark saddle 

Edelissi's colors:   lavender  and  teal 

Jerilaf's colors (pronounced 'ye-ri-laf'):   silver  and  regency 

Kemwen's colors:   cyan  and  lime 

-