h u i t.

I'm Heart-Over-Head In Love With You

 

 

chapter.8  »  first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was becoming more and more worried as the clock ticked and Soojin still had not come back from her talk with a “manager”.  Having no idea what that meant, I translated it into the language of my kingdom and thought maybe what they considered manager here was an overseer.

 

Everything in me was working up, and my insides were ready to turn upside down.  I was starting to panic, and even though I didn't know how dogs looked like panicking, mine was running around and bumping into things the running again.

 

Eventually I heard movements outside and shadows seeping through the small opening at the bottom of the door.  The door swung open and Soojin stood there, the brightest I'd ever seen her.

 

She was holding two huge red plastic bags, so I guessed she had dropped by a store again.  The smile on her face puzzled me.  What made her so happy she looked like she had brought the sun with her when she entered the house?  I wanted to know badly, so I could be happy for her, too.

 

“I bought some stuff, Prince!”  She exclaimed, landing on the couch and setting the bags by her feet.  I ran to her and tried to climb her leg.  She picked me up and sniffed me, chuckling, “Aw, did you really miss me that much?

 

Yes, I missed you that much.  Although it was pretty weird to admit considering I had no particular reason as to why I missed her that much.  Maybe because... I wasn't used to being alone?  Maybe.  I responded to her question by barking, followed by a soft coo.

 

Soojin grinned and set me on her lap, pulling the red bags to her closer.  She pulled out the items she bought.

 

“Look, I got you a small bed so you can have your own space, but I'll put your bed on mine since you seem to like sleeping there.  And I also bought you new toys, since you almost ruined the one I bought you...

 

She kept on rambling and rambling about the things she had gotten, mostly for me.  Her clothes smelled so good, a combination of fresh daisies and orchids.  Her voice was so soothing I almost fell asleep if it weren't for her squeals.

 

I could listen to her talk forever and ever and ever.

 

 

 

Quietness took over.  I looked down at my lap and realized why it had been too silent.  Prince was sleeping, his tiny body moving up then going back down and up and down again.

 

his fur with my free hand, I let go of the items I had and used both of my hands to his small body to sleep.  His dog tag was back, hanging from the silky white collar, but I didn't care enough to ponder its sudden appearance.

 

Prince was very distinguished from all the dogs I'd encountered.  Those ones I'd witnessed running around the neighborhood were rowdy and wild, while Prince behaved so well and the only times he wasn't well-behaved would be because of relevant reasons.  Those dogs on T.V. were too perfect, while Prince reacted in proportion to everything that took place around him.

 

The way his features looked was also different.  His eyes were too human-like.  Eyes of Pomeranian dogs were supposed to be dark, almost black, but Prince's were brown even from afar.  His nose was also placed a little lower instead of in the middle.

 

Carefully, I picked him up from my lap and cradled him in my arms, bringing him to my room.  I laid him on my bed before I went to get his new one.  Once I had gotten his own bed, I placed it on his side and set him in it.

 

I took a last glimpse before I leaned in, and softly placed a kiss on top of his head.

 

 

 

I woke up to the sound of someone snoring near me.  Just what time did I sleep?  I couldn't remember, but the darkness in the room I had to adjust to explained to me that it was already nighttime.

 

Again I fell into my nightly routine of observing everything that made up Soojin.  Sadness fell upon me when I saw her back facing me.  I had no choice but to turn around as well.

 

The bed felt strange, then I realized I was lying on a different one.  I stood up and walked carefully out of the one I was in.  While trying not to wake Soojin up, I pushed the tinier bed off of her bed with my nose and paws.  Several minutes was all it took for the bed to drop on the floor.  Since the bed was made of cloth, it didn't make much of a sound when it landed on the ground below.

 

I laid back down just in time when Soojin turned to my side.  Then I was able to look at her once again.  The human me smiled, the dog me did nothing.

 

Even though dogs sadly didn't kiss literally, I walked slowly, nearing nearing Soojin's face, and kissed her nose as soft as I could.

 

I walked backwards and dropped on my side in her bed.  My insides were tingling with happiness as I slept peacefully, happily.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

-crying- why do i feel like the ending's so lame?  ;;  anyways, here's an update ~ i'm really happy where this story's going, heheh, and i'm so thankful for the new subbies!  thank you guys soooo much for reading!  i love you all and God bles

-