d i x.

I'm Heart-Over-Head In Love With You

 

 

chapter.10  »  i'm feeling lost.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Things didn't make sense to me until later, in the morning of my very first day at my new job.

 

Every single thing that had happened recently was all coming too fast, happening perfectly.  I couldn't help but remember that all these things happened at the same time I found Prince Jinki inside that trash bin.

 

Perhaps he was some sort of lucky charm for me, even though I had very little belief in those things.  Nevertheless, good things began happening after I found him.  Yes, he was like a lucky charm.  Maybe I should start considering lucky charms.

 

 

 

The smile lingering on Soojin's face was back.  I knew at the pit of my stomach something was about to happen.  Something I was probably not that completely prepared for.

 

Breakfast for the both of us was both silent and loud.  The silence was too loud, probably.  Well, at least for me it was.

 

“Jinki,” Soojin sat down on her chair.  Her saying my name completely and plainly for the first time tickled me.  “It's my first day at my job today.  I'm going to be gone again, and I don't know how long.

 

Then, my assumptions were right.  My heart shattered; I didn't want to be alone.  I might have thrown a fit once, but this time, I'll be making sure it was something Soojin wouldn't turn down.

 

 

 

“Oh, my goodness.

 

I already knew Prince didn't like to be alone, but I just had to tell him that I was leaving again.

 

After I told him I would be gone again, he jumped off of the table and ran away to the living room.  I sighed, already knowing that he was going to be doing something again to protest.  The sounds of things hitting the floor and breaking and ripping of cloth sent me stumbling on my feet to find that Prince was not in the living room, but in the bedroom instead.

 

The glass pencil container on my desk was broken in pieces on the floor, the pencils and pens scattered everywhere.  Good thing my laptop was okay, I thought, then I saw the scratches on it as it was moved almost to the edge of the table.  The chair was also lying on the floor along with all the other things.  The ends of the bedsheet that draped over the bed were ripped open and scratched, looking like it just had some sort of torturing surgery.  Prince was on the bed, his tongue hanging out as he huffed, his eyes showing no remorse.

 

I looked at him, trying to convince him through telepathic conversation that what he had done was wrong.  Then I realized he was a dog, and dogs might lack some instincts humans had.  I sighed and bent down, carefully picking up the pieces from the pencil container.

 

 

 

What have I done?

 

I swore I always thought dogs had some sort of discipline in them.  I guessed I was wrong.

 

I watched as Soojin picked up the pieces of the broken container.  Why couldn't I show some sort of ‘sorry’?  It so badly that I couldn't tell her the words since I was a dog.  Carefully I jumped off the bed and shamelessly neared her as she picked up the pieces.

 

Like a dog, I nuzzled her hands with my nose, briefly distracting her from picking up the broken things.  I heard her sigh and mutter some words I couldn't comprehend.

 

Then, she sighed again.  “Sometimes, Prince, there are things you have to accept no matter how much you don't want to.

 

She picked me up and set me aside, and I swore I heard the shattering of my heart just as the container had been shattered on the ground.

 

I was wishing Soojin would also pick up my pieces, just like she was picking the pieces of the container.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

this is a short update, i know, but it's because you guys have been reading so much from the past chapters.  i want your eyes to rest!  so i made this chapter short so you guys don't have to read much.  buuuut the next chapter will be a little lengthy, as far as i can tell.  still, i hope you guys liked this update!  thank you for the awesome comments, and welcome, new subbies!  <3 <3 <3

-