q u i n z e.

I'm Heart-Over-Head In Love With You

 

 

chapter.15  »  this coffee cup.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojin came in sipping from a cup that was made of paper.  My eyes almost fell out of my sockets because the cup was made of paper!  Or, not flimsy paper, but it wasn't made of metal or glass!  How could it hold anything?

 

Nevertheless, another thing that boggled my mind was the paper she had in hand.  There was writing on it as far as I can see since it was folded in her hand.  She kept on sipping from the cup, going straight to her room without greeting me.

 

I followed her, only to have the bedroom door shut close in my face.  Drooping my head, I waited by the door for it to open again.

 

Soon, she opened the door and revealed herself wearing a pair of white shorts and an extra large top (which... why would you wear a size that was double your real one?).  I barked to catch her attention.  Which she did.  Which made me happy and jump around more.

 

“Why is our prince so happy today,” she chuckled, sipping from the same coffee cup.  She brought the coffee cup over to her left hand and picked me up with her right.

 

I barked at her again, and she just brought me to the kitchen with her.

 

 

 

I set the coffee cup on the table along with Prince.  Every now and then I would look back and see him circling the cup like he was a predator and it was his prey.  I chuckled, setting his plate full of dog food in front of him, making him stop going around the cup.

 

He started gobbling down his food while occasionally taking glances of the cup.  I sat down in my chair and started eating, meeting eyes with him as he looked at the cup.

 

I would sip from it, and his head would tilt upwards.  I removed it from my lips, slowly placing it back down on the table, and his head followed in that direction.  Then, I experimented by moving the cup over to the right side.  Again, his head followed.  Then the left, and his head still followed.

 

“Prince, what...”  I trailed off, placing the cup back on the table.  His eyes landed on it.  He then continued eating, but he was still looking at the cup.

 

Dinner was just me making faces at Prince as he stared down the now empty cup of coffee.

 

 

 

The cup rested silently on the glass coffee table in the living room.  Soojin placed it there before she went to her bedroom to do things.

 

“I don't know what your deal is with that cup,” she said, her steps thumping against the wooden floor as she made her way to the couch.  She sat on it and faced me, raising a piece of paper for me to see, “but it was given to me by someone.

 

I squinted at the piece of paper, and thank goodness I paid attention when my mentor taught me about languages On Earth.

 

“This one's from you, from Jonghyun”, with a heart next to it...

 

The moment that came after I read the paper was ripped into small, little, jagged pieces.

 

 

 

 

 

author's notes.

Prince isn't being good now, tsk tsk -shakes head- well hello guys!  sorry if i didn't update yesterday, got lazy (to be honest).  but today, i was able to garner all inspiration and abandon the Procrastination Zone to update!  yay!  hehe, thank you for the new subbies and thank you all for reading!  juhan out!

-