32

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prepare yourself for the longest chapter I've made EVER! (I sure hope you guys won't get bored...)

-Jiyongchy

Do you know that feeling, when you walk out of an extremely loud room into a soundless one and your ear starts to buzz? That is what I feel now. No, he didn't shout or raise his volume one bit but the words coming out of his mouth are loud enough for my ears to buzz.

I am trying to decipher his sentence word by word because of the absurdity of it. 'I'm picking you up' he says. By 'I' he meant himself, by 'you' he meant me, and by 'picking up' he meant being just the two of us in a small moving vehicle for at least 15 minutes. WHAT?!

"YoungBae is suppose to pick you up but he suddenly couldn't at the last minute" He explains the absurdity of the situation.

"No. My brother is the one who is suppose to pick me up" I insist.

"Your brother asked YoungBae to pick you up last night" His voice sounds unimpressed.

I am speechless at this turn of event. What is my brother thinking, changing his plan without telling me first?? I haven't prepared myself for this encounter. I haven't prep up my heart enough to spend 15 minutes alone with him. What if I crumble again?

"Can you hurry up?? I'm already here" He hurries me.

"You can go first, I'll take taxi" I decide that I'm not ready yet. Not ready to face him because I know that I'll lose.

He scoffs, "Can you stop being hard headed and get going?! I don't want to drive all the way here for nothing!"

"Can you tone down your voice?! Fix your attitude first before I agree on getting in your car!" I snap back.

He seems surprise at my sudden outburst and loss for words before he finally speaks, "Fine! If you don't want to, then lucky for me!! Goodluck finding a taxi!" And hangs up.

Good. Great. I've successfully driven him away. If it’s a good thing, then why is my heart pain again? No, Hana, this is for the best. I am not ready to face him. I am not ready to be alone with him. The glue that sticks back pieces of heart is not yet dry.

I make my way downstairs. I wouldn't have go to this distance if it were anyone else's debut stage. But this time, I need to set aside my personal feelings and cheers for my sisters. It has only been recently that they welcome me back into their circle. I don't want to ruin that relationship too.

After 10 minutes of waiting, I finally got a taxi. Kwon Ji Yong was right, finding a taxi on a Saturday is indeed hard. I jump in, giving my destination to the driver before I relax my body on the back seat.

The taxi doesn't reach far when it halts abruptly, making my body jerks forward onto the back of the front seat and my forehead bumps into the hard seat.

"YA!! JUGULAE?!!" The driver shouts at the car in front of him that blocks his way in the middle of the road.

I lean forward to see what's going on but it only takes me a few second before the blood in me drained fully. He wouldn't!

White Bentley Continental GT with completely tented windows is parking horizontally in front of us, stopping my taxi in its track. It stops in the middle of the road innocently as if the road is his. The taxi driver keeps on cursing when the Bentley doesn't make a move.

The Bentley doesn't bulge despite the havoc it has created in the busy road in the middles of a Saturday noon. People drives by trying to peek in the car but they couldn't make of the driver.

After few minutes, I finally realize that he's not backing off so I pull some notes from my wallet and shove it into the taxi driver's palm with agitation takes over me. Damn it! This man really knows how to push it!!

"I'll just get off here. Thank you, and I'm sorry" I bow my head slightly.

"Mwoh??" The driver looks at the money in his hand and look at me, trying to protest but before he could say anything, I am already out.

I walk towards the white Bentley, knowing fully well who the driver is. People are watching me, curious as who the person behind the trouble is. My face is flashed red as I open the passenger door so I quickly get in. I can't believe he would do this thing!!

Moments after I close the door tight, he turns his car around and move swiftly along the street as if nothing happened, ignoring people's yelling. I fold my arms in front of my chest as lowers my self on the seat to show my dissatisfaction.

"Wouldn't it be easier if you just agreed on taking my car from the beginning?" He says without looking.

"You're sick" I turn my head towards the window so he can only see the back of my head.

"You're stubborn" He replies, not wanting to lose.

The rest of the journey feels steely. My heart is boiling because of the reckless thing he did and he too seems to be annoyed at my previous rejection. Both of us says nothing but I know we are both swirling in thoughts.

"You told me to leave you alone. That's why I don't want to take your car" I break the quietness.

He doesn't reply straight away, thinking about my sentences. I turn to see his expression, but as soon as my body turns, his expression is gone again, replaced by his stoic face.

"YoungBae told me to pick you up. I don't have any other options" He says, tonelessly.

"Trust me, I wouldn't drive all the way here if I have any other way out. Don't flatter yourself" He adds, as if his previous sentence hasn't slit me enough.

“Trust me, I wouldn’t be sitting here if you didn’t hijacked the road” I snarl.

What happens to us? A month ago we were laying on the grass, side by side, joking comfortably with one another as caring remarks exchanged. Now, it feels like only hatred is available.

Once we arrived, I quickly jump off the car, into the Inkigayo studio. The place is already packed with people busy preparing for performances. No one give me a second look as I pass but I can hear loud greetings once the man behind me appears. Typical.

I found the waiting room with no problem. I had visited my brother in Inkigayo before so I know my way around the backstage. Before I have to search the room, a shrieking voice calls my name.

“HANA!!” Jun Hee waves from the end of the corridor and my smile subconsciously rose.

I run towards her and give her a big hug, “I heard about the debut song! Queens are JJANG!!” I raise up two thumbs making her chuckle.

I walk inside the room and it is already packed with people. I can see Dong Young Bae, Kang DaeSung, Lee Chae Rin, Teddy-ssi, Lydia-ssi, Sajangnim and…

“HANA!!” My brother hugs me protectively while I stare at him with my you-are-dead look.

“I didn’t know Young Bae hyung couldn’t pick up at the last minute!! I swear!” His fingers show a peace sign. “If I had known, I’d pick you up straight away! You know that!”

I sigh, believing my brothers honesty. I’m sure he’ll be the last person who will let Kwon Ji Yong picks me up. So there’s only one culprit left. I look over my brother’s shoulder and caught Dong Young Bae’s eyes. He smirks as if he is proud of what he just did and I can only snarl at his angelic grin.

The girls just finished their stage and the crowd went wild. I have to be honest, despite Kwon Ji Yong's -ness, he is one damn good producer. The song is bubbly pop-ish but there is still YG flavor in it. It is catchy and the dance step is imitable making the audience hyped up as they follow the dance step.

I am on my way back from the rest room when an arm grabs mine and turns my body, surprising me.

“YA!” I slap his chest and he laughs.

“You think I was some kind of an abductor??” Dong Min laughs mischievously.

“You’re lucky I didn’t kick you in the crotch!” I say, pretend to threaten him, making him laugh even louder.

“Your stage is coming soon” I can see despite his giddiness, there is nervousness that shades his eyes.

“Yeah” He stops his laughter.

“I heard the song, it’s amazing!” I cheer.

“I know” He answers weakly.

“Ya! Why the sad faces??” I smack his arm lightly.

He sighs, “I’m scared”

I pout my lips, “Hey, you’re my sunbae. You’re not suppose to show me your weakness”

“Sunbae??” He says, repeating my word and laugh at the unfamiliarity of it.

“There’s a reason why you guys are debuting. It’s simple. You guys are ready, whether you like it or not. You guys are amazing! Believe in your self!” I grab both his shoulder, in an attempt to make him trust my words, to transfer courage to him.

He smiles knowingly, and before I could process, he takes my whole body and hug it tightly.

“Thanks, Hana” He whispers.

The sudden skinship between us caught me off guard. I mean, yes, we are close, but we never had any hugs between us. This is another step of our friendly relationship.

“What the hell are you doing?!” The familiar voice behind me jerks both of us.

“Sunbaenim” Dong Min says, acknowledging the man.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter