49

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I am sitting inside a dressing room, in front of a mirror with light bulbs surrounding its square frame. I sit here blankly as the make up artist put on different products with different color onto my face. It hasn’t fully sinks in to me yet that I am currently readying myself to shoot my first ever music video.

Everyone around me are moving back and forth carrying different things and discussing different items but all of them sounds like a buzzing sound as I'm in my own trance. I saw the set before I walk into the dressing room and I can’t truly explain what I feel. Like I said, it hasn’t sink in to me.

None of YG artists is visible today, much to my disappointment. Though I know they are too busy with their own respective schedule, I can’t help but to pray that they magically appear to support me. Only Sajangnim is in the set as he monitors the progress for this shoot.

Soon enough, the girl in the mirror in front of me has transformed into a woman. I look at my reflection in disbelief, touching my peach cheeks and my curled eyelashes. I look radiant, despite my lack of sleep last night. My heartbeat starts to race and I keep on gaping, trying to make sense of what’s going on.

“You need to change” ShinHa, JiEun eonni’s assistant, appears behind me, reminding me of the time while holding a beautiful silk gown in her hands.

I nod mindlessly and follow her to the changing room.

It took me a while to get into the complicated as its material is very fragile and sensitive and we wouldn’t want to ruin the ruffles, but when I look at the full-length mirror, it immediately it hits me, hard. I am no longer Lee Hana, the little girl from GwangJu. Instead, I am Hana, the singer from YGE. Looking at my reflection, I see a woman looking proud and strong with her face bright and her hair is set into a messy bun but her eyes are red and quivering from the build up tears.

 

 

“Don’t you dare cry, Hana” ShinHa warns me and I nod weakly, understanding that the make up would definitely mushed off is tears starts to flow out.

I can’t believe what I am seeing right now. I am finally here, a step away from being announced to the world and I am looking mighty fine while doing it. I try to count my breath to steady my heartbeat as I walk out of the changing room with my wobbly feet.

As soon as I step out, staffs are gasping upon seeing me. I blush heavily as they gush about how amazing I look in this Alexander McQueen dress. They guide me towards the set and the cameramen are readying themselves, checking the lighting and the length of the focus before the shooting start. My heartbeat doubles and my palms start to sweat.

“Fighting” Sajangnim shouts from behind the TV as he sits himself next to the director.

 

 

As soon as the director shouts the magic word, I take a big gulp of air and act my scene. The scene is where the girl is trying to break free so I pretend to look lost and fragile as I run around the hallway, act as if I am lost and searching for a way out. I drag my dress with me as I run from one side to another. I never acted before and I do feel slightly awkward doing it, but I sure hope my ability is enough to deliver a satisfactory video.

“NG” The director shouts and my heart sinks.

“That’s okay, Hana, it’s your first cut” Sajangnim encourages me through the speaker and the camera starts rolling again.

After an hour, I finally admit defeat. Apparently, my acting still doesn’t cut it as we are now in double digits takes and the director is still far from satisfied. He gives a break, mostly for himself, as he calms himself from the stress of directing me. Staffs are guiding me to a secluded seat on the side of the set to give me a rest after I ran mindless around the set in front of the camera for numerous times.

I know my strength doesn’t include acting, but I never thought acting classes are necessary until now. I regret my decision when I rejected my brother’s offer. He kept on badgering me about taking acting lessons but I keep on insisting of not taking one. My dream is to become a singer, not an actor so I didn’t see the need to learn how to act. Oh I was so wrong.

As I dwell in my own agony, a hand taps my shoulder. I turn, and greets by a bright glowing face of Ha Min Soo.

“OPPA!” I shriek and almost jump off my seat if not for this restricting dress constraint me from moving.

“Aigoo… Look at you!” He gestures at my outfit.

“What do you think??” I play with my ruffles skirt.

“I think it suits you” He smiles warmly.

“Where is JyeoYa eonni??” I look around the set to search for Min Soo’s girlfriend.

“She said she’d be late… Still drowning herself between materials” He chuckles.

Min Soo had finally found enough money to launch his brand after his hard effort. Eventhough, it wasn’t a straight hit like he had hoped but it slowly builds up. More and more people starts to recognize his brand and the demand is slowly increasing, keeping JyeoYa, the main designer, busy and keeping him, as the owner, incredibly occupied.

“I’m glad you’re here, oppa” I hug his arm and he pats my head lovingly.

“HANA!!” A familiar voice calls me from afar and when I look over Min Soo’s body, I see four men walking towards me in a hurry.

Everyone is looking at the four men who stride with much confidence and are wearing different types of clothing from one another. The cheering boy is wearing a blazer, the boy next to him is wearing a hoodie, the blonde smiley boy is wearing a leather jacket and the most handsome and hot-looking one is wearing his new coat.

“OPPA!!!” I shout back feeling the anxiousness and nervousness melts away. I honestly don’t know which ‘oppa’ I was referring to; my brother or my boyfriend. But I know both of the boys think it’s them as they grin widely at me.

My brother drapes his arm around my shoulder as soon as they reach me. Min Soo shifts to the side to let the four boys surr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter