33

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey! Back to my normal length chapter! I would love to have lengthier ones but I just couldn't because of my time limit... sorry :(

-Jiyongchy

 

 

His scent is a mixture of strong liquor and cigarettes swimming around in a pool of an Aqva Bvlgari. His breathing mixes in with mine, intoxicating my mind. I can taste his breath as he moves his face closer. His eyes are poisonous while they slowly close as the proximity between our lips decreases and I feel my head is already swirling in his venomous aura.

Before his lips could find its landing, the stage light suddenly turns on and it snaps me back to reality. I jerk myself away from him in a second and stand up quickly. I look at the crowd before I take my bow, disguising my frenzied heart. I gesture my hand towards Kwon Ji Yong to give him some acknowledgement and to direct the crowds’ cheers towards him. He looks lost by the sudden change of atmosphere before he finally composed himself, stand up and fixing his jeans.

The responses are mixed. Some likes it, a lot, while others might like it better if I didn’t dance at all. I smile broadly, hiding away my flustered heart. I need to look professional. I need to look as if the whole performance was planned.

“That was !” ChaeRin nudge me once I sit on the sofa and I can chuckle lightly.

From the corner of my eyes, I can see the impassive Kwon Ji Yong is back. He slumps on the sofa, staring blankly at his empty beer glass reveals nothing from his eyes. My brother, on the other hand, can only sulk as Choi SeungHyun rubs his back to calm him down.

The night finally comes to an end with almost every adult completely intoxicated and the room is fully covered with smoke. Sajangnim had announced that Dong Young Bae had won with his little performance. When Sajangnim announced the winner, he took a glance at me, before he finally reveals the winner. It’s as if he wants to warn me of something.

“You’re going home with me” My brother tugs my arm.

“Of course I am! Who do you think I would go home with??” I follow him as we head outside with the rest of the YG people.

“I don’t know. Maybe someone that you just ed on stage??” He snarls and I know I’m going to be in a lot of trouble on our way home.

Girls are still crowding the entrance of the building once we walk out. It amazes me how dedicated they are just to take a glimpse of their idol. I guess I would do the same thing if somehow Justin Timberlake or Pharrell Williams are in front of me. Again, my brother covered my head with his arms as we walk along the sea of fans. Some shouts at us, asking my brother who I am but none of us stop to even bother to give an explanation.

“Who taught you that dance??” My brother interrogates me once we are in the safety of his car.

“No one” I answer.

“No one?? Don’t lie to me!!” He raises his voice.

“I swear! I only see them on music videos and such!” I defend myself.

He smacks the steering wheel, annoyed, “Don’t dance that kind of dance! EVER!”

“It’s not a big deal. Everyone is doing it these days” I don’t really see what the big problem is.

“You’re just 18!! Didn’t you see how the guys look at you back there?? They basically stripped you in their mind!!” He roars.

I am gobsmacked. Are men really that shallow?

“And to think that you let Ji Yong hyung enjoyed it even more!!! ARGH!!” He ruffles his head in frustration.

I lower my head, “I’m sorry… I didn’t think it through…”

My brother sighs, knowing fully well that he is going to soften up by the sight of me apologizing. “Fine. Just don’t give Ji Yong hyung that kind of attention anymore”

“Why are you against him so much?” I finally voice out my curiosity.

“It’s not that I am against him as person. It’s just… I really don’t want you dating him. He’s not good for you.” He says sternly.

I chuckle darkly. “Don’t worry oppa, I will never go out with him. Ever” I smile halfly, and the little part of me, the dark hollow part inside of my hurt burns by this realization.

He said that he doesn’t want me. He wanted me to leave him alone. He rejected my heart and threw it over the top of a skyscraper. However, his reaction tonight was anything but a refusal. His heart rate shows something different. His breathing displays his needs. And I know for certain that if the light hadn’t been , our lips would’ve locked.

But my brother is right. He is no good for me. What is a simple gesture of enticement compares to his series of heart breaking words? I remember my promise to myself. I will stay strong. I know that it was in-the-moment kind of event. It was simply a man in need and a woman on his lap. It was purely animal instinct. He must’ve not used his feelings, if he has any. Kwon Ji Yong is the devil and he will always be.

 

***


Sun is nowhere to be seen, losing its battle against the grey clouds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter