[ Final ]

Now and Forever

 

A few days later, Yunho suggested that they should all move in together to Yunho's house since they practically lived there now. All parties agreed wholeheartedly. It was more convenient and "We can save on more gas fee to pay for more food," as Changmin enthusiastically puts it.

 

After all the difficulties of moving in, namely Yoochun and Junsu disagreeing on which room they'd be in – ‘’I want this room!’’, - and such, they finally settled in. Jaejoong suggested throwing a settle-in party, to celebrate their completed move in.

 

Yoochun and Junsu were in charge of putting in pictures and decorations inside the house to make it more cozy and "them." This resulted in random photos of the family, memorable DBSK moments, a small palm tree - Junsu insisted - and a small crystal snow ball with a dolphin floating around inside.

 

‘’Hyung! It's a member of your family!’’ Junsu laughed.

 

Jaejoong was, as usual, cooking a feast in the kitchen, wearing his manly apron with polka-dots and frills, causing much laughter erupting in the house.

 

“Hyung that looks SO good on you!’’ Yoochun and Changmin laughed hysterically.

 

Jaejoong glared at them. "You guys got it for me as a prank birthday gift!"

 

Changmin was being counterproductive, trying to steal bits of Jaejoong's "cooking-in-process." Thus resulting in his hand getting whacked with the spatula every once in a while when Jaejoong caught his hand wandering too close to one of his masterpieces.

 

Yunho was in charge of setting the table - after he was so close to getting a taste of the famous Jaejoong Kimchi Jjigae still on the pot, and whacked by the stirring spoon once he was caught - in their backyard with Sooyoung as the little helper, Yunho suspected that Jaejoong just wanted him out of the kitchen.

 

"Soo-baby, are you glad your uncles moved in to keep us company?"

 

"Yes! It's so much livelier now! I don't feel as sad with them around!"

 

Yunho thanked the Gods for giving him such an understanding daughter. He picked her up and twirled her around, as Sooyoung giggled and shrieked.

 

"Appa, are you and Jaejoong really good friends?" Sooyoung suddenly asked out of the blue, innocent face turned upwards to look at Yunho.

"Why are you asking this?" Yunho smiled, curious as to where this was going.

 

"Well, all the Cassiopeia fans are all saying things about YunJae. They obviously think you guys are special like uncle Yoochun and uncle Junsu! Even during the time when you were married to Umma.’’

 

"What do you think baby?"

 

"I don't know. They said stuff about YooSu too...and aren't they right?" Sooyoung frowned, face scrunched up cutely trying to figure things out.

 

Yunho laughed out loud at his baby's logic. "Well, the relationship between Jaejoong and me are better compared to the relationship between the other members and me."

 

"Do you love him?" Sooyoung asked again. Yunho wonders if Sooyoung understood 100% what she was asking him.

 

"Well, we were really, really, really good friends. We did YunJae fan service back then to make the fans happy, but maybe due to the excess amount of fan service we did, I began to question if what Jaejoong and I did were for fan service only and nothing more than that. We eventually realized that we did like each other and for a while we were together.’’ Yunho glanced at Sooyoung, who was listening quietly with her eyebrows furrowed.

 

Yunho took a deep breath and continued. ‘’However your mom suddenly confessed to me, not knowing the relationship between Jaejoong and me, saying that she has liked me for a long time and didn't have the courage to confess. I was shocked since it was completely new to me and of course Jaejoong and I, we were still dating at that time. Jaejoong told me that I should marry Boa and move on because our parents will never understand our special relationship. I understood what he was trying to say, so I married Boa, even though I still loved and missed Jaejoong a lot. Boa said she knew I was upset and because she loves me, she said she would let me go.’’

 

Yunho reached out to fondle her daughter’s hair. ‘’But she said she wanted to keep something special between us, so Soo-baby, you were born."

 

"Wow... so complicated…" Sooyoung shook her head and reached up to wrap her arms around her Appa.

 

"Yeah, it really is. I mean, I still love Boa, just not in the way I love Jaejoong. You understand what I mean?"

 

"Of course. I think you did the right thing, Appa. This way everyone is happy, Umma was happy before she passed away, I know it. I'm glad to be your daughter."

 

"Thank you darling..." Yunho planted a kiss on Sooyoung’s forehead.

 

Soon Changmin and Jaejoong came out carrying plates of food, followed by Yoochun and Junsu, led by their nose, literally salivating from the delicious aroma of Jaejoong-made home-cooked food. After everything was set, Changmin immediately started wolfing food down this throat followed by a squeak and "You pig! Save some for me!"

 

Sooyoung bounced over to Jaejoong and tugged at the hem of his shirt. Jaejoong looked down lovingly at Sooyoung, "What is it Soo-baby?"

 

"Everyone calls you Umma, so can I call you umma too?" Sooyoung let out a shy smile.

 

Jaejoong looked up, giving a questioning look towards Yunho. Yunho shrugged.

 

"Appa told me everything." She said proudly, noting the hurried exchange between Yunho and Jaejoong.

 

"Oh Soo-baby," Jaejoong picked her up and hugged her close. "Of course you can call me Umma."

 

That night, after Sooyoung was put to bed, Yunho dragged Jaejoong into his room. As soon as the door was closed he pulled Jaejoong into his embrace, chin resting on Jaejoong's shoulder, gently inhaling Jaejoong's unique scent. They shared a moment of silence, each reflecting their own thoughts in each other's warmth.

 

"So what made you tell her Yunnie-ah?" Jaejoong said as Yunho proceeded to bury his head into Jaejoong's hair. Yunho paused.

 

"Well," Yunho said while brushing chocolate locks away from Jaejoong's face, leaning in to kiss Jaejoong's forehead, "She asked if we were really good friends, and said stuff about Cassies talking about YunJae and YooSu."

 

Jaejoong shook his head. "God, children and their knowledge these days, but I'm glad you told her." Jaejoong tilted his head and moved in for a kiss.

 

A series of kisses later had Yunho and Jaejoong cuddling on the bed together. "So...now that everyone's moved in, and Sooyoung knows...how about proceeding to move into my room..." Yunho wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

 

"You sneaky bastard."

 

A light smack was heard as Jaejoong slapped Yunho on the arm. A burst of laughter followed.

 

This is it, Jaejoong. We’re finally together; now and forever.