[ Five ]

Now and Forever

"DOCTOR, DOCTOR!!! SAVE HER, SAVE HER!!!" Yunho cried desperately outside the door, hoping someone will rush in soon to treat Boa.

 

Not too much later, doctors and nurses rushed in to aid her. A nurse politely asked them to wait outside before rushing in herself after the doctors. Jaejoong lead a shaken up Yunho out while Yoochun picked Sooyoung up and walked out of the busy patient room filled with doctors and nurses trying to save the famous Boa.

 

They all sat down, silent except for Yunho's voice, like a broken record, muttering "Doctor, save her." All waiting for the results and hoping for the best.

 

Minutes seemed like eternity. Finally, a lone doctor emerged from the room. Nothing else needed to be said; his face said it all.

 

A pale face broke the news to them, "I'm sorry, we did all we could, but the illness was too much for Boa-ssi. Her heart couldn't handle the stress any longer. There was nothing we could do."

 

"WHAT ABOUT THE OPERATION?" Yunho screamed desperately.

 

"Even that initially only had a 40% survival rate, and at the stage she was at, there would have only been 10% chance it would have succeeded." The doctor explained quietly, sympathetic of Yunho's loss.

 

Junsu suddenly burst out crying as a wave of emotion spilt out, unconsciously hiding his face into Yoochun's chest.

 

Yoochun held him close, "She will forever be in our hearts, cherished as the beauty she is now, eternally." After choking these words out he cried silently, hugging Junsu even closer to his chest. Changmin held a sobbing Sooyoung, whispering words of love. Sooyoung just sobbed quietly, registering what had just happened, yet not fully comprehending. Jaejoong's face showed sadness but he didn't cry, he needed to be strong for all of them, especially Yunho. He pulled Yunho close as silent tears ran down Yunho's face, posture stiff, still not wanting to believe.

 

Yunho turned inside Jaejoong's embrace to face him, "Joongie...what am I going to do? Boa's gone...she's gone..."

 

Jaejoong's heart clenched at both Yunho's question, and his broken whisper. He hugged Yunho closer as he gently said, "She may be gone, but you still have us, and Sooyoung. You still have us; you know we love you so much." You still have me; you know I love you so much.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Two weeks later, after Boa's funeral, they were all watching a movie at Yunho's home because it was largest and "the homiest" as Yoochun puts it. Sooyoung sat in between all of them with Yunho and Yoochun on each side of her. Junsu sat beside Yoochun with Changmin hogging the popcorn bowl on the other side of him. Jaejoong sat on the other end beside Yunho. They all choose a comedy, as they all needed some laughter now.

 

Rounds of laughter filled the living room, the mood lightened significantly. Jaejoong leaned into Yunho's arm, and automatically, Yunho wrapped his arm around Jaejoong's shoulders. Jaejoong looked up and observed Yunho's laughter, missing the way his eyes crinkled when he laughed, and the warm, deep sound that resonated from his mouth. He hasn't heard a genuine laugh from Yunho in a while, and he missed it terribly.

 

Yunho, noticing that he was being observed, looked down questioning Jaejoong's actions. Jaejoong suddenly looked down, shy as he his dry lips nervously, aware of how close they were.

 

"Erm...it's-" he looked up, face blushing as their eyes locked.

 

Yunho realized then and there what he was missing.

 

"Yunnie-ah...I think we need to talk..." Yunho nodded, slightly distracted by the wetting of Jaejoong's lips.

 

Yunho stood up and pulled Jaejoong along with him, leaving the three boys with Sooyoung. All four were too engrossed in the movie to notice where Yunho and Jaejoong were going.

 

Yunho pulled Jaejoong into his bedroom and locked the door behind him. He needed some privacy to talk with Jaejoong. He went over to the bed and sat down, patting the space beside him. Jaejoong sat down to face Yunho and opened his mouth to talk, but Yunho beat him to it.

 

"I know, we need to talk about us right?" Jaejoong nodded silently.

 

"Yunnie...do you think....I mean, not that I want to rush you... I mean Boa just passed away...just that...like...you...and me...and then there's Sooyoung...I do love her...um...what I mean is...doyouthinktherecouldbeanythingbetweenusnow?’’

 

Jaejoong rushed out, looking down, afraid to see Yunho's expression. Breathe. Jaejoong could only tell himself to do that as he waited for Yunho's answer.

 

"Joongie..."

 

He's not sure he heard right. Could he? After nearly 14 years, could they still continue on from where they left off years ago as young men? Things would be different for sure though.

 

"Joongie...are you sure? I'm old now. It's not going to be the same...and there is Sooyoung to take care of...I mean, I would probably just get in the way of you. You can go find someone else......are you sure you want this?"

 

Jaejoong's head snapped up, "One, you're hardly old at the age of 35. Two, how would you get in the way of me? You'd just make me happy. Three, I love Sooyoung , and she loves me, we can work something out. And four, of course I want this. Why do you think I never bothered trying to find a girlfriend?"

 

"Really Joongie? You'd be with me? After everything? I practically ditched you for my parents, my ideal of a family and Boa..."

 

"I know why you did that, remember, it was a mutual agreement to let go. It's just that the chance to be together is now before us again."

 

Yunho leaned in, "You talk too much..." Jaejoong stopped abruptly and stared into Yunho's eyes just to burst out in laughter suddenly.

 

"I see my reflection in your eyes," he said rolling back on Yunho's bed, remembering the line from the drama they acted out years ago early in their careers.

 

Yunho pouted, "Way to ruin the moment!" and pounced on Jaejoong, proceeding to tickle him. After a round of breathless laughter and shouts of "Stop it!" which led to leader-ssi's self-proclaimed glory:

 

"Do you give up to the almighty Yunho?"

 

"Not to the 'almighty Yunho'!!"

 

"You shall lose to my power!"

 

"I give! I give! Stop tickling me!"

 

They finally calmed down. It was then that they realized how close they they were,; Yunho's body leaning over Jaejoong's, covering him. Jaejoong his lips. Yunho stared, unable to tear his gaze away from Jaejoong's tempting lips, cherry, plump and begging to be ravished. And he did exactly so.

 

His lips crashed down to meet Jaejoong's, not taking time to savor the meeting, just satisfying the long absence. Yunho's tongue s out to at Jaejoong's lips, asking for entrance into the moist caverns of the other. Jaejoong sneaked his own tongue out to taste Yunho. Tongue circling tongue, moving in an ancient dance, lips melding together, as if carved from one mold. Breaths came out in short pants in between kisses.

 

Breaking away, Yunho whispered lovingly "My boo...."

 

"Oh how I missed that nickname" Jaejoong smiled as he pulled Yunho in for another kiss, slower and sweeter than the previous, savoring the reunion.

 

I'm finally home, Joongie. This is where my heart belongs.

 

A/N: Not the final yet hehehe.